IGNORED

Barnsley V City Match Thread

DaveF

Not happy to see such a negative formation if I am honest.

One up front with maynard has not worked all season, fingers crossed it works today I guess.

I remember quite a few St. Johnstone fans saying McInnes would persist with a 4-5-1 formation even when it wasn't working

Maynard plays up front on his own as he has pace, Pitman doesn't

Exactly, the last few games I've seen Pitman, for whatever reason, has looked short of pace and fitness.

I'm a huge fan of Pitman and think he's a better all round player than Maynard but at the moment he isn't fit or quick enough to play the lone striker role.

I would have thought that goals per game ratio might also be important, Maynard 3 in 13, Pitman 2 in 4.

I'm not saying it's the right decision but today McInnes, and Millen before him, play Maynard as the lone man as he has pace and skill to beat the last man whereas Pitman isn't that sort of striker.

Maynard as lone striker has worked before away from home at Leicester twice that I can think of (3-1 and this season)

Let's see how it goes today

I'm not saying it's the right decision but today McInnes, and Millen before him, play Maynard as the lone man as he has pace and skill to beat the last man whereas Pitman isn't that sort of striker.

Maynard as lone striker has worked before away from home at Leicester twice that I can think of (3-1 and this season)

Let's see how it goes today

To be honest I don't have a problem with team selection, I never really have even with Millen. My point is by the time Pitman gets his a long awaited chance and Maynard is long gone Pitman might do the same run his contract down and good strikers are like rocking horse shit.

Compared to Pitman Maynard might be pacier but he hasn't got real pace never has never will.

Archived