IGNORED

Ourgate 'n Paint'n....

WhistleHappy

They just showed it all on Sky Sports News being painted by grafitti artists and David James, and interviewed James. I assume they'll show it every hour. They had done a three lions design and some abstract thing as well. They did spray words like Robert Green and England Return on the wall as the were discussing the same points with James - I assume that was to be painted over, don't want Green painted on outside of AG.

I passed it yesterday while they were painting it, and asked myself exactly what it did to promote City. "Not much", by the sounds of it. They even covered up the sad echo of someone's desperate plea of 'Akinbiyi Please Stay' that was surely at least 12 years old.

They just showed it all on Sky Sports News being painted by grafitti artists and David James, and interviewed James. I assume they'll show it every hour. They had done a three lions design and some abstract thing as well. They did spray words like Robert Green and England Return on the wall as the were discussing the same points with James - I assume that was to be painted over, don't want Green painted on outside of AG.

Anything about the club being painted?

Maybe some one wanted to put 1982

Just a thought

and there was me thinking there might be a few comments about the pictures

Good pics, I just fail to see the reasoning behind what has been done. Okay it is street art, with mention of city, but there is nothing there which I associate with city. Well maybe a loose connection with the lions and the 3 lions.

I noticed when I went down earlier there is a huge swathe of white wall. Is the plan to fill this up? If so I'll hold my judgement until its done.

But fair do to everyone involved, beats a grey graffitied wall. Good effort apart from the date!

I was expecting something Unique to Bristol city and something not seen around the bristol art secene of any football ground for that matter but???

Ok Some talented art work going on there but i can't help but think the people doing the work had their minds in stokes croft to where this stuff fits in very well, but at ashton gate i'm not so sure as it's gone off on a trippy tangent with the only bcfc theme being the community trust wording and a mad robin?.

So i read the club programme baffled at first before painting started (wording etc)

File0001.jpg

Still Reading the club programme baffled after painting started? i don't see much in the pictures to warrent the advertising in the programme?

hall of fame? err Bristol 8 ??? err no eastenders :whistle2:

Not slating the work done as it good but it's what you find all over Bristol but as a theme for Bristol city i think the ball has whooooshed right over a few heads here. :unsure:

Very very disappointed. Very.

To be honest if they weren't going to tie it into a City theme, they could have saved themselves a lot of money and just left the walls white and let the local kids do their thing.

Perhaps had the club contacted the guys behind the EE project or CONSULTED with fans, the project would have turned out a damned site better, because at the moment "art" that thousands will see is hugely overshadowed by art that is exclusive to the EE.

As for Inkies art - self promoting yes, BCFC related - hardly.

Gutted.

I've only seen the photo's so far. Can't say I'm hugely impressed but its ok. Not exactly an original style or concept but better that what was there before.

I'm not impressed because as CH has said where is the Hall of fame reference or the Ashton 8 mural that was implied in the match programme.

You're right, it is "OK", but frankly the work done on Stokes Croft and by the old Debenhams underpass is MUCH better, poignant and clever. I have no problem with the art, but when it is funded by the City Community Trust and reported to contain art relating to Bristol City, then I, as I suspect many others, expected much more.

Oh well, Phase 2 continues today, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Archived