IGNORED

Ourgate 'n Paint'n....

WhistleHappy

That's exactly what I mean when I say it lacks originality.

Is this Inkie bloke a football fan?

A depiction of a blank picture frame hanging on the wall with the words 'reserved for Banksy' ... would've been OK ... who knows :dunno: ... he might have paid us a visit.

Bit mystified by the work so far - hope it develops into something we can properly relate to, lets see what happens.... meanwhile someone needs to make a call to Dulux & ask for a lot more RED paint me thinks !!

That's exactly what I mean when I say it lacks originality.

Is this Inkie bloke a football fan?

Is Inkie a football fan? I don't know, but I do know of some damn fine artists whose work can be viewed just a 100 yards from that wall and who are definitely City fans.

The club should be commended for the idea, but they've really ballsed up the execution of it.

Anyone got more pics?

Surprised no one at the club got some up on the website, after the fan fare about it on the Website before the weekend.

Lets hope they have done something decent rather than some self advertising graffiti artist, although it seems a bright Orange inkie tag will still be the centre piece, which seems a little strange!

And i hope they changed the date as well! now that is so slack it's unbelievable :laugh:

In my opinion it is absolute rubbish. Who is this Inkie and what does he or some monkey have to do with Bristol City??? Where is the ******* Robin and why is this Inkie signature so damn big?

The lions, well ok if they were associated to an England badge or something but they just look wrong like that.

And the 1892, well that is a complete and utter cock up so at the very least they have to change that.

Luckily I don't use that entrance to the ground so I won't have to cringe every time I walk past that mess.

In my opinion it is absolute rubbish. Who is this Inkie and what does he or some monkey have to do with Bristol City??? Where is the ******* Robin and why is this Inkie signature so damn big?

The lions, well ok if they were associated to an England badge or something but they just look wrong like that.

And the 1892, well that is a complete and utter cock up so at the very least they have to change that.

Luckily I don't use that entrance to the ground so I won't have to cringe every time I walk past that mess.

I think the 3 lions are about the 3 Lions Pub mate, a city drinking establishment, so there is some meaning there, but only really to the guys that drink there, not to the larger city supporting demographic.

Just seems like the the larger designs have very little to do with Bristol City football club.

Agree the 1892 thing is an awful mistake to make... especially from a city fans!

Lets just say it looks like the pub wanted some advertising!?!? Threee lions really?!?! OK we are an English club but I thought the whole point of this art was to be CITY related? The art work in the Eastend is fantastic and should have had the same feel carried on outside!

And I agree is INKIE on a self promotionl free for all?! Never heard of him and for him to put his name BIGER than BCFC is a disgrace!

The whole thing looks a bit self indulgent for a few and unrelated the the bigger following!!!

RANT OVER!!

Inkie is a city fan, he's a well respected writer who's been part of the Bristol Graf scene for a good 20 years, I think we should all pass judgement until the wall is finished, however I agree there needs to be more homage to City greats and club emblems rather than the usual graffiti based narcissism.

It may be a fault of the definition of the project, but his impressive work promotes his own skill v creating a homage to BCFC. He could have done both.

I think it depicts life and the struggles of the whale, the whispering wind and a man who is suffering. I see an arc, jesus perhaps, and a strange little mammal.

Interesting perspective.

I saw a free advertisement for a local pub, some odd shaped parasols and range of mountains.

I'm happy to reserve judgement until it's finished but right now I am not impressed. The lions bit looks too Disney for me and the Inky bit is better styled (I like arty graffiti) but it's just wrong there, and as somebody says what's Crazy frog doing there?

I think the club has missed a huge opportunity for the fans to do something there under the banner of the Community Trust. I want to see the Bridge, Robin's and links to past greats, even present ones. A 'History and Heritage wall'.

We obviously have a lot of talent judging by the Eastend artwork. I would imagine we have loads of other talent who have not come forward as they are not 'Eastenders'. Shame the club didn't throw it open to all like the Broadmead project was. Maybe they were afraid of political/Gas infiltraters, but nothing that can't be solved withn a bucket of whitewash.

I'm happy to change my mind if things improve and develop. but I'm not holing my breath somehow.

Ah right, but from the link I also notice that Shrewsbury Town have Lennie the Lion as their mascot, so we aren't sure if we are twinning with millwall or the shrews?!!!

Lion? They are missing a trick, why not have a shrew as a mascot. Admittedly, not very fearsome. Someone might end up burying the shrew also. surrender.gif

I've just been down to have a look and one of the guys stopped me to have a chat about it. It seems they are getting little of no guidance from anyone re: what to paint.

Each piece is done by a different artist. Obviously the lions one was orchestrated by Sean, the guy in the robin suit (or crazy frog as he's known on here) is by another guy and Inkie spparently came down from London for 3 hours sprayed his name and then buggered off.The guys doing it are aware of the critisum but as I say they are getting little help, for instance, I asked the guy about comemerating our history and he said he'll be writing something about the "Bristol 8" later. I obviously corrected him and let him know that any stick they have received thus far will be nothing up to that if he writes the "Bristol 8". I explained the meaning and have hopefully guided him in the right direction. But with him not knowing anything about football and no one pointing him in the right direction this is how mistakes happen.

The guys I have spoke to had to correct the date on the Lions bit and have filled in between that and Inkies piece with 1897 in big red and white numbers with a scarf wrapped around it. They are also doing a piece with parts of the badge. They had just finished the unicorns and he was talking about the knights helmet part of the badge. He also mentiond that the remaining part of the wall could be left open for others to come and make their mark, so eastenders get in touch with the community trust ASAP. I felt for these guys as they just seemed to have been shoved out in the cold and told to get on with it with no help from the CT or the club. It looks better now the blanks have been filled in and apart from Inkie just using it to leave his tag, it's starting to look more City related. If I can get the Picts off my photo stream and work out how to post them before work I'll do so

I've just been down to have a look and one of the guys stopped me to have a chat about it. It seems they are getting little of no guidance from anyone re: what to paint.

Each piece is done by a different artist. Obviously the lions one was orchestrated by Sean, the guy in the robin suit (or crazy frog as he's known on here) is by another guy and Inkie spparently came down from London for 3 hours sprayed his name and then buggered off.The guys doing it are aware of the critisum but as I say they are getting little help, for instance, I asked the guy about comemerating our history and he said he'll be writing something about the "Bristol 8" later. I obviously corrected him and let him know that any stick they have received thus far will be nothing up to that if he writes the "Bristol 8". I explained the meaning and have hopefully guided him in the right direction. But with him not knowing anything about football and no one pointing him in the right direction this is how mistakes happen.

The guys I have spoke to had to correct the date on the Lions bit and have filled in between that and Inkies piece with 1897 in big red and white numbers with a scarf wrapped around it. They are also doing a piece with parts of the badge. They had just finished the unicorns and he was talking about the knights helmet part of the badge. He also mentiond that the remaining part of the wall could be left open for others to come and make their mark, so eastenders get in touch with the community trust ASAP. I felt for these guys as they just seemed to have been shoved out in the cold and told to get on with it with no help from the CT or the club. It looks better now the blanks have been filled in and apart from Inkie just using it to leave his tag, it's starting to look more City related. If I can get the Picts off my photo stream and work out how to post them before work I'll do so

What a bloody shambles, but why does it not surprise me.

I hope they listened to you and don't write the Bristol 8! how the hell that ever got mentioned in a publication I don't know, but if the facts are not right before they start how the hell are they supposed to know what to do! Seems a little odd that the people that organised it are not overseeing it. What is to stop me going down there with a blue and white paint and drawing quaters everywhere.

it's pretty shocking that no one from the club is overseeing it, anything could be written on that wall, and to be honest it has!

Sigh!! and i can quite believe it too about the artist miss guidence however regarding the three lions i would like to point out The Eastenders forum – When the Moon Shines is sponsored by the Three Lions. The lions has the Robin [ernie] painted on its walls. It is fair to point out that the Three Lions design on the wall was not orchestrated by the pub, the pub put a donation in not a design.

Fans who did the art work in the EE did knock on the door at the start but if you read my other post in this thread about that.. At this rate there will be no more room left for any player murals that mean something to fans, more faces up there than 6ft high letters and numbers.

There is a portfolio of fan ideas all over the internet that could have been drawn on for guidence or even ask some fans to attend to give input even if it is to get the bloody date right..

:disapointed2se:

stage2.jpg

stage4.jpg

stage1.jpg

2011_1115pics0001.jpg

2011_1115pics0002.jpg

2011_1115pics0003.jpg

2011_1115pics0004.jpg

EE forum says the pub put a donation in not the design.

Archived