IGNORED

Ourgate 'n Paint'n....

WhistleHappy

Wait 'til it is finished lads. THEN moan.

I agree I don't think it's great, but seriously people just seem to rush to this forum when they find something to be indignant about. Summoning up bile and logging in, en masse.

All the elements that you want to be included and were indeed promised. May well show up!

I agree I don't think it's great, but seriously people just seem to rush to this forum when they find something to be indignant about. Summoning up bile and logging in, en masse.

All the elements that you want to be included and were indeed promised. May well show up!

That is true, but so far over 50% has been covered and no relevant reference to BCFC has yet been made. Even if the remaining half had Gow, Merrick, Superbob, Tainton et al, the half that has been done so far will stick in the craw.

The problem for anyone doing this sort of thing is the bar has been set VERY high by the lads in the EE, and quite frankly this falls well short of what has already been achieved, and might I add, at no cost to a registered charity.

It's better than a grey wall, why a lion a bit confused there, it's saying welcome to the lions den sure the Millwall fans will love it or try and smash it down, let's see the finished article before moaning people.

It's been said before. It's a reference to the Three Lions pub. And therefore English football as a whole.

With you, i'm saying i understand the reason it's been put on there, maybe i should of said i understand the Lion know. By being with somebody you understand there point.

I'm also, with you, now. Ha, little slow on the uptake, probably the massive pile of textbooks grinding my brain into pulp.

So the Three Lions put money in to it... and painted an advert for themselves. Fair enough, I guess. I don't see the link to "English football as a whole" though.

Genuinely not tryingto pour scorn on what is a great idea, but I'd echo the comments re it not feeling very "City", too - even if they are painted there later, when will that be? It's not the end of anyone's world, especially as it will be pulled down in a few years for a grocery isle anyway, but it does seem like a bit of a missed opportunity.

So the Three Lions put money in to it... and painted an advert for themselves. Fair enough, I guess. I don't see the link to "English football as a whole" though.

Genuinely not tryingto pour scorn on what is a great idea, but I'd echo the comments re it not feeling very "City", too - even if they are painted there later, when will that be? It's not the end of anyone's world, especially as it will be pulled down in a few years for a grocery isle anyway, but it does seem like a bit of a missed opportunity.

Three lions on the shirt?

There is no bile. Promised? It is not apparent how promises can be made to supporters without fan involvement.

I like the Inkie piece, but its too orange and City are red and white mate.

Three lions on the shirt?

Perhaps the "hexagonal shapes" are the "jewels remain still gleaming" from the England badge. Perhaps the half with the jewels and the lion is the "England" side and the other side will be the "Bristol" side. So have legends, robins, suspension bridge. Could be kind of symbolic.

I'm sure a lot of people would quite like that. Another reason why I'm withholding judgement until it's finished.

It's all about first impressions and the stuff painted first is not thought provoking Bristol city, and what was promised should be the first thing on the canvas then add some self indulgent art.

A bit of constructive guiding to some who seem to have no affinity to the club but are good at painting/spraying will do no harm (hense the date on the lions wall mural)

I hope it does turn out being the dogs b as i'm a fan of this type of work.. but as i said first impressions....

However.....

Serioulsy this event has not been opened for fans to get involved or have any input. Pictures have been used to promote this event on the clubs site and programme from the Eastend even though those who organised that work had not be invited to take part. A Eastend art/flag day feature was ditched in the programme and the art pics used to promote this. Those who sent the pics in did not know they would be used for something totally different.

Your later point about the lions - 3 lions is not totally right as one of the organisers of the EE artwork is a mate of the landlord. EE things appear in the pub!!

The community trust were asked what was going on five - six weeks ago by fans. No promises were made because fans did not know what was being done. There was little or no chance for fans to get involved in this mate because it was not made public.

For a community project there has not been a lot of communication with the clubs community. No sign of the supporters trust /club around this.

So even if it hasn’t been finished a big big chance here has been missed to get fans, supporters trust/club, artists everyone involved. It should have been a big fans and community project. People who went down Saturday said there where not many people about and this could or should have been a big event.

Hopefully this can be done again and this time all can get involved in some way if they want .

Perhaps the "hexagonal shapes" are the "jewels remain still gleaming" from the England badge. Perhaps the half with the jewels and the lion is the "England" side and the other side will be the "Bristol" side. So have legends, robins, suspension bridge. Could be kind of symbolic.

I'm sure a lot of people would quite like that. Another reason why I'm withholding judgement until it's finished.

I think fans of city would want something else given a chance like things they understand. hexagonal shapes are not it.

Shame they didn't get in touch with the Eastend despite many attempts by people to find out what was going on so they could offer to help. Now the stuff in the Eastend is fantastic and the people who painted that should of been involved in this at no cost to the community trust and would of produced things that are unique to this football club. Yet another PR cock up by the club. Would be nice for once if the club actually liased with it's fans and those who pro actively do things to improve or promote the club.

Tom, the lyrics of 3 lions are 'Jules Rimet still gleaming' NOT 'jewels remain still gleaming'. Anyway, I will wait to see the completed work until I comment fully!

Haha genius, or the opposite actually! And it's roses on the England badge. doh.gifbanghead.gifmf_sleep.gif

But my viewpoint still stands :D

I'm completely underwhelmed by what's been done do far. It could be a subway anywhere in Bristol and the content is not distinctive enough to BCFC to have any meaningful impact.

Personally I want a Robin, a Suspension Bridge, a reference to the AG8, a nod to former City greats - anything but what's been done. My first thought was 'Millwall would be pleased' when I saw the lions. We ain't Millwall though....

It smacks of poor planning and direction from the organisers and I don't get that feeling that they're creating something we can all be proud of, so far. When I see the artwork in the East End, it means something to me and I get that sense of pride. I'm not being negative, just saying what I see.

I'm completely underwhelmed by what's been done do far. It could be a subway anywhere in Bristol and the content is not distinctive enough to BCFC to have any meaningful impact.

Personally I want a Robin, a Suspension Bridge, a reference to the AG8, a nod to former City greats - anything but what's been done. My first thought was 'Millwall would be pleased' when I saw the lions. We ain't Millwall though....

It smacks of poor planning and direction from the organisers and I don't get that feeling that they're creating something we can all be proud of, so far. When I see the artwork in the East End, it means something to me and I get that sense of pride. I'm not being negative, just saying what I see.

The lion is great the police will love that marching the Millwall mob pass it.

That's exactly what I mean when I say it lacks originality.

Is this Inkie bloke a football fan?

Archived