IGNORED

Official: Richard Foster Signs (Update - Skip Past The First 180 Posts, It's A Done Deal!)

Rocky

Richard Martyn "Ricky" Foster (born 31 July 1985 in Aberdeen, Scotland) is a Scottish footballer who currently plays as captain of Scottish Premier League club Aberdeen. Foster has spent most of his career playing as a right winger, but has more recently been deployed at both right and left full back. Foster is a versatile player, as goalkeeper is the only position in which he has never played.

Foster is a very tidy player. Composed on the ball, right sided who can also play left. Winger originally and dropped back. Likes to push forward and will link up with midfield and look to get to bye line. As I've said before, utility player... Sign of signings to come which will give a smaller squad more flexibility. One weakness I'd say is height at long diagonals but a decent addition. Better than what you currently have at back and champions league regular last season who didn't look out of his depth.

Another player that opposition fans can't wait to leave and join us. Hope he's like Pearson though.

I suspect you will find his unpopularity down to Rangers/Aberdeen hatred. Not his ability. Don't be fooled. A lot of fans weren't happy he came back after Ibrox loan.

I think we summer we'll see a new Centre back, centre midfielder, left winger and a striker. So hopefully our 11 is this:

GK: James or a new keeper

RB: New RB (Richard Foster?)

CB: New CB (Andy O'Brien?)

CB: Fontaine

LB: McGivern

DM: Cisse

CM: Elliot

CM: Kilkenny/New player

RW: Albert

LW: Pearson/Other new player

ST: New player/Pitman

4 or 5 new signings needed imo.

Del's had a good look at the squad, knows exactly what's required, and obviously he's not going to hang around getting his own players in.

Interesting start, if this signing is confirmed, to what looks likely to be a fascinating transfer window at the Gate.

Aberdeen fan here.

All i can say is after hearing this news, my weekends plans have completely changed from a quiet one, to one of celebration.

Some fans cant stand Foster because of his "Rangers year". He actually did pretty well there.

I personally cant stand him, because before he went away to them, he was very mediocre on a good day, and since he has came back, he has been even worse.

He has cost us several games this season single handedly, none more so than against Celtic and Motherwell, valuable points to a team like us this season. Since he has became captain, he has also became prone to thinking that gives him the right to blame every mistake he makes on someone else.

Prime example of this was at Inverness on xmas eve, where Fosters mistake and Fosters mistake alone cost us a goal, yet he berated our other centre half who was completely faultless, and action which saw Foster booed by his own fans.

All in all, i think probably 95% of Aberdeen fans will be over the moon at this. He has been hailed as our worst captain ever, and After a certain Mark Kerr, that takes some beating.

Saying all that, i think he would actually do alright at a team like Bristol. He went to Rangers and did ok. At Aberdeen, he had the big man mentality. Big fish in a small pond. Thought it was all about him. Once he goes to a much bigger club, with a manager like McInnes, that mentality wouldnt last 2 minutes.

He can be an effective player. His speed is his main attribute. Lightning quick when he wants to be. We have played him predominantly left back this season, but he cant defend worth of toffee. (see back to losing games/goals). If he cant do it in the spl, will he be able to do it in the championship?

Anyway, since you were in the unknown about him, i thought an Aberdeen fans view would be welcomed. Were chuffed with the £250k, and the fact the armband can now go to someone worthy of it.

:drunk2:

Need a commanding CB too. Depending on whether we play the 'dodgy' 442 again will depend on who else Del feels we need. I reckon a strong tackling passer ( do these exist??!! ) and a hold up man/striker also required. Then stay up, clear out in the summer and another 7/8 in so next year we start with Dels team. COYR.

Del's had a good look at the squad, knows exactly what's required, and obviously he's not going to hang around getting his own players in.

Interesting start, if this signing is confirmed, to what looks likely to be a fascinating transfer window at the Gate.

Think January will be fascinating? wait until the summer.

Sounds like a really solid purchase if true. I have complete faith in McInnes' judgement and there's certainly nothing wrong with getting another leader into the side - we need more of them out there and this guy sounds like he can play a bit too.

I feel pretty well qualified to rate Ricky foster, he is a friend of a friend...he is very quick and err that's about it massively error prone, pretty weak defensively, but who knows what magic delboy can work on him. One thing I can guarantee is that he is a great pro, trains hard, works hard and doesn't get involved in the other distractions!! I haven't ever seen him put a performance which would make me think he is upto our standard and my dons mates will be saying it still shows they are a better team than us....they are deluded....I trust delboy though

Archived