IGNORED

I Do Feel For Suarez

Lew-T

So he wasn't INTENTIONALLY racist, well that's ok then, all forgiven, it never happened.

He's from a completely different culture and like I said Chicharito and Valencia backed him. He's clearly not a racist and if you believe that, you're deluded. He has now served his punishment. Doesn't mean he has to shake Evra's hand after Evra made a big deal out of nothing.

Suarez was charged on Evra's word alone. Chicharito and Valencia (Man Utd players) as South Americans backed him by saying he wasn't intentionally racist. Yet Suarez comes out of it all looking like the bad guy.

Evra was the disgraceful one today. Constantly looking for trouble and his celebrations at the end in front of Suarez was an attempt to stir a reaction and again make Suarez look the bad guy. Thankfully he didn't react and simply made Evra look a fool.

Your obviously a liverpool supporter and blinded by the fact.

Suarez made a racist comment and claimed ignorance..... "in my culture blah blah blah - in a confrontation, referring to someone's colour is NEVER endearing like he claimed.

If it was just cultural differences - then he could have shook evra's hand and there would have been a different atmopshere. He's offended someone, so surely, after a misunderstanding, he would be apologetic??

I hate Man Utd more than ANYONE - but Evra and Man Utd come out smelling of roses - whereas Suarez is a disgrace and Liverpool dont look great.

Suarez made a racist comment and claimed ignorance..... "in my culture blah blah blah - in a confrontation, referring to someone's colour is NEVER endearing like he claimed.

If it was just cultural differences - then he could have shook evra's hand and there would have been a different atmopshere. He's offended someone, so surely, after a misunderstanding, he would be apologetic??

I hate Man Utd more than ANYONE - but Evra and Man Utd come out smelling of roses - whereas Suarez is a disgrace and Liverpool dont look great.

But Suarez is a quarter black himself. It hardly makes sense him being anti-black. What's he going to say? "Send me back!"

I do believe this was a genuine cultural mistake although I think it's fair enough in a game played in England with English sensibilities that some punishment was meted out. Ignorance of the law has never excused breaking it.

Suarez is clearly still angry with Evra over the incident, but I agree with everyone who said he'd have a chance to draw a line under the incident IF he had shaken Evra's hand.

Why would the likes of Chicharito, Valencia even Gus Poyet back Suarez if they didn't believe it was a cultural difference?

Again as I said before.. why should he shake Evra's hand when he has made Suarez out to be evil amongst the media? Redknapp said in the studio "You wouldn't shake the hand of someone you like if you saw them walking down the street" which is true, especially after all the trouble Evra has caused.

If Suarez shook his hand, it's practically him conceding defeat and admitting he's a racist.

Why would the likes of Chicharito, Valencia even Gus Poyet back Suarez if they didn't believe it was a cultural difference?

Again as I said before.. why should he shake Evra's hand when he has made Suarez out to be evil amongst the media? Redknapp said in the studio "You wouldn't shake the hand of someone you like if you saw them walking down the street" which is true, especially after all the trouble Evra has caused.

If Suarez shook his hand, it's practically him conceding defeat and admitting he's a racist.

And now he's made himself look like he's racist.......

FFS it's quite simple, in Afghanistan it's culturally acceptable for husband to rape his wife, if that happened in the UK do we accept it, no of course not. Suarez has been told I am sure, I know that you thought that what you said was acceptable but here in the UK in 2012 it is not acceptable and you need to learn that lesson and move on clearly he has not.

FFS it's quite simple, in Afghanistan it's culturally acceptable for husband to rape his wife, if that happened in the UK do we accept it, no of course not. Suarez has been told I am sure, I know that you thought that what you said was acceptable but here in the UK in 2012 it is not acceptable and you need to learn that lesson and move on clearly he has not.

*Sigh* I've already said it wasn't acceptable in the UK, he's served his ban and shouldn't be forced to shake the hands of someone he clearly dislikes. Whatever though, I'm sure not shaking his hand means he's a racist despite the fact he was publically supported by many claiming he isn't racist.

*Sigh* I've already said it wasn't acceptable in the UK, he's served his ban and shouldn't be forced to shake the hands of someone he clearly dislikes. Whatever though, I'm sure not shaking his hand means he's a racist despite the fact he was publically supported by many claiming he isn't racist.

Even tough his manager and employer told him to and then told the world he would?.

No excuses but it defies believe that Dalglish and his back room staff do not have an orientation class/briefing for newly arriving overseas players. And yes they should have known that in Latin America and amongst the black community in certain parts of the world the word in question is used a lot and not always in a disparaging way. So, no excuses, but Liverpool's internal orientation of a new foreign player, especially in knowing where he comes from, is utterly woeful. Frankly, never have liked Dalglish's miserable 'i know best' attitude to everything.

Liverpool and Suarez have dug themselves a bunker now lets watch them squeal out of an ever deepening one.

As for an earlier posters remarks about Rio and Evra taking swipes at Suarez on the pitch; it takes a man to hold back even if emotion is like a raging bull... they both need to grow up a tad more. At least Rio has turned down the captain's badge for England... he should never have been given it in the first place nor offered it now. The man simply snaps at fellow players on the pitch incessantly and has done it throughout his career. That is hardly becoming of someone who should be garnering respect.

actually kidding me?

Diving, cheating, card waving, crying racism with no proof against Chelsea, cynical dirty challenges, sabotaging his countries world cup and a managers career.

Actually it was Mike Phelan who made the claim of racism not Evra.

Suarez probably isnt a racist but DID make a racist comment yet Evra seems to be getting a lot of flack from fans. Weird.

The handshake. If you insist that players take part in this playground type activity, then you must expect sooner or later players will behave like kids!! (Thats doing a disservice to children). Encapsulates everything that is wrong in the game at the moment. Big ego's, Big money and flagrant disregard for anyone other than themselves. Suraze you are a nasty little C U Next Tuesday! Disgraceful.

From a NEUTRAL this about sums it up for me:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/feb/11/liverpool-kenny-dalglish-luis-suarez

How anyone can stand up for Liverpool is amazing! They, As a club have been so stupid!

Even (The sensible) Liverpool forums think its out of line!

Evra was a bit of a twonk to rub his (suarez) nose in it but the damage had already been done?!

Kenny's interview is a disgrace.

The whole thing is a farce.

A number of things went wrong today, Firstly, the players should have shook hands - whether they meant it or not, it would have avoided any further issues and drawn a line under it. Suarez clearly underminded Daglish on this as he said he would do before the game.

If I was Daglish I would have hauled him off as soon as the game started for that alone. Instead Daglish seems to be defending him even now. Embarassing. Suarez has shown no remorse during the whole thing and the Liverpool management have damaged the reputation of the club by not stopping things like the t-shirts etc.

Evra shouldn't have celebrated like he did infront of Suarez. He was meant to be the bigger person but lost a lot of credibility with that.

Then Ferguson is a fine one to say Suarez should never play for Liverpool again for bringing the game into disrepute. Look at Uni-ched's squad - a lot of their players aren't exactly saints. Ferdinand, Rooney, Giggs etc.

I only hope someone at Liverpool quickly realises the damage it is doing and gets rid of Suarez+Daglish ASAP. Or at least tries to clear up the mess.

Whilst everyone is concentrating on this schoolyard "he said she said" culture that prevails in modern Britian , we perhaps need to put this in perspective.

A few weeks ago there was a court case up here in Leicester which some may have seen on the net with the CCTV footage of the incident.

A white girl walking with her boyfriend was attacked in the city by 4 drunken/'drugged Somalian Moslem women. She was subjected to a torrent of racial abuse and was battered whilst her boyfriend tried to protect her. The sustained assault lasted for some time, one of assailants walked off only to return to put the boot in whilst she lay on the ground.

The result was that the boyfriend was critisised fror being aggressive whilst protecting her and the 4 assaillants given 6 months suspended sentence . The judge commented that it was not a racially motivated assault and stated the excuse for his joke of a sentence that the assaillants were not used to alcohol and drugs.;

This is the state of Britain. The EDL marched here in Leicester last week because of this case costing the Cops £850K to police it.

I think the footballers who are being severley attacked for these incidents by all and sundry all to look a little deeper into the state of Britain. This schoolyard behaviour of running and telling teacher sums it all up. A damn joke.

BTW I am not condoning any racist beaviour before someone accuses me of BNP membership, just trying to put a little perspective on this pathetic culture we have here. But from my viewpoint ,Suarez and Terry are mere children compared to the racist Moslems who battered an innocent white girl sensless and get condoned by the Judiciary.

Refusing to shake hands? Don`t think it matters. Do you?

Why is Evra the "victim" I'd imagine Suarez wouldn't have said what he did without being provoked? Noone knows what Evra said to Suarez, how do you know it wasn't more offensive? A racial slur isn't necessarily the most offensive thing you can say, for me I'd be more offended by comments made about my family or personal insults than by the colour of my skin.

Not defending Suarez because I think he's an idiot, but I think Evra is scum and far from innocent.

Archived