IGNORED

I Do Feel For Suarez

Lew-T

Ok he is a cheat

Also see 99.9% of top players

Couldn't agree more.At a lower level at the leeds match they all shook hands.Then in the next 15 mins 3 leeds players took it in turns to have a go at Kilkeny.The ref of couse didn't choose to see any of this.Then the sporting leeds players attempted to get wilson sent off.He would have probably gone anyway.Shake their hands?What a joke!!

It looked to me like Evra pulls his hand down as Suarez approaches, although still appearing to offer his hand, without offering it?!??!?

Evra's paper trail speaks for itself. Refusing to train in the world cup, the incident at Chelsea......

As is Suarez's, 7 match ban for biting an opponent, diving, making a legend like Dalglish look stupid and an 8 another game ban.

As is Suarez's, 7 match ban for biting an opponent, diving, making a legend like Dalglish look stupid and an 8 another game ban.

I think you'll find Dalglish has done all that on his own.

His dour Scot act is really being polished.

His "I never saw it" act is starting to rival Wenger's.

Agree there Dalgish will go down in respect wise from yesterday's comments to a lot of people.

This is what happens when a modern day player is backed to the hilt by his manager for his misdemeanours, on the day when the manager wants, needs and expects some pay back for that backing, the player proves that he couldn't give a crap about anyone other than himself and has really landed his manager and club right in it, it is a total lack of respect and I will interested to see what damage limitation is put forward this time by LFC and Dalglish in particular.

This is what happens when a modern day player is backed to the hilt by his manager for his misdemeanours, on the day when the manager wants, needs and expects some pay back for that backing, the player proves that he couldn't give a crap about anyone other than himself and has really landed his manager and club right in it, it is a total lack of respect and I will interested to see what damage limitation is put forward this time by LFC and Dalglish in particular.

Dalglish as manager of Liverpool, word in the ear to Suraz what ever happens shake his hand before the game the media are looking at this simple as that. Maybe he said that do him and he is just a spoilt brat.

Dalglish as manager of Liverpool, word in the ear to Suraz what ever happens shake his hand before the game the media are looking at this simple as that. Maybe he said that do him and he is just a spoilt brat.

Dalglish stated early last week "I know Suarez will shake the hand of Evra", you have to assume that Suarez was party to that and has totally disrespected the guy who has pretty much single handedly defended him.

I can't imagine the American owners of Liverpool will be happy with the poor PR and "racist label" being hung around the LFC name. Dalglish was clearly angry yesterday and tried to back out of the situation when pressed by the interviewer (Jeff Shreeves I think!!) Has this made his position untenable? He's been out of the game for such a long time and doesn't appear to be in touch with reality at all. Its not the 80s as Fergie has said.

As for the comment made about racist comments on pitches in Bristol, as a referee, I would have no problem either sending the player off and reporting them to the GFA. Its not acceptable "just because its on a football pitch" as not an excuse to hide behind.

Not a LFC or MUFC fan so I have no axe to grind

Suarez should have shaken Evra's hand, Evra was right to offer it, had Suarez done so, it would as has been said a "non issue". I didn't see the game but the highlights suggest that it was a bit fruity to say the least.

Handshakes are the right example to set for the children at the start of football matches, some of these players have no idea of the influence they have over the people that watch them..Yes they should continue.

Dalglish stated early last week "I know Suarez will shake the hand of Evra", you have to assume that Suarez was party to that and has totally disrespected the guy who has pretty much single handedly defended him.

Suraz is a great player, but he has undermined his manager if Dalgish said these words, one simple option for Dalgish punch him in the mouth like Cloughy used to do or sell him.

I can't imagine the American owners of Liverpool will be happy with the poor PR and "racist label" being hung around the LFC name. Dalglish was clearly angry yesterday and tried to back out of the situation when pressed by the interviewer (Jeff Shreeves I think!!) Has this made his position untenable? He's been out of the game for such a long time and doesn't appear to be in touch with reality at all. Its not the 80s as Fergie has said.

As for the comment made about racist comments on pitches in Bristol, as a referee, I would have no problem either sending the player off and reporting them to the GFA. Its not acceptable "just because its on a football pitch" as not an excuse to hide behind.

Not a LFC or MUFC fan so I have no axe to grind

Suarez should have shaken Evra's hand, Evra was right to offer it, had Suarez done so, it would as has been said a "non issue". I didn't see the game but the highlights suggest that it was a bit fruity to say the least.

Sums it up well

Handshakes are the right example to set for the children at the start of football matches, some of these players have no idea of the influence they have over the people that watch them..Yes they should continue.

It's not teaching kids anything - players shaking hands because they are told too achieves nothing... Kids aren't stupid either, they'll see that on tv and see it for the farce it actually is.

Players should shake hands because they want too - and they usually do, after games

Sums it up well

It's not teaching kids anything - players shaking hands because they are told too achieves nothing... Kids aren't stupid either, they'll see that on tv and see it for the farce it actually is.

Players should shake hands because they want too - and they usually do, after games

FIFA, fair play the handshake before a game, this the board that are the most corrupt in life, you shake hands after the game not before, as you say Riaz kids know that.

what i don't understand is if he was forced to apologise for his actions yesterday, why wasn't he made to apologise after the racial abuse incident when he admitted to saying what he said. All he would need to have done was come out and say 'i'm sorry if i caused offence, but i didn't understand the full implications of what i was saying' rather than saying 'you've got it wrong i'm not a racist'.

Ignorance is no excuse, if i acciedently offended someone in my line of wok i would be expected to apologise, so profeesional footballers who are massive role models should take responsibility for their actions.

I also wonder if Suarez would have used the same language if he passed Evra on the street?

I can see the FA stepping in here... , He should of just shook evras hand then it would of died down.

What can the FA do? Not a rule saying you have to do it. Did they get involved when Wayne Bridge refused to?

To be honest im not a fan of shaking hands before a game anyway, and i prefered it when the teams came out seperate aswell. Am i the only one? :laugh:

To be honest im not a fan of shaking hands before a game anyway, and i prefered it when the teams came out seperate aswell. Am i the only one? :laugh:

Not at all.

Look at the City v Forest video again, teams come out separately with hostile boos for the Forest team and a tumultuous roar when City emerge.

Atmosphere diluted by silly PC rules yet again - why should the teams come out together or shake hands BEFORE before the game? Why shouldn't the home fans give the away team a hostile reception?

Both teams should be pumped up and ready to fly at each other when that first whistle blows, not likely when they spend the moments before KO smiling at each other and shaking hands like old pals.

I've heard the lining up and shaking hands business is nothing to do with supposed sportsmanship but more to give the cameras an opportunity to linger on the teams' shirts and the name of the sponsor.

From one of the 'quality' papers.

http://www.guardian....ish-luis-suarez

A good article Esmond.

This affair should have been out to bed yesterday but here we all are discussing it again. At least Dalglish finally saw sense and released a statement earlier saying he acted in a way not fitting of Liverpool Football Club yesterday. The way he has handled himself has been disgraceful. I think he's lost a lot of respect.

For the people still trying to protest Suarez's innocence or suggest he should never have been banned, it might be worth actually reading the report before commenting. After reading the report you see that it is impossible for the FA to have reached any other verdict than guilty.

And in relation to te Terry case, it really isn't hard to work out. The FA can not get involved until Terry has had the matter settled in court. Should he be found guilty you can bet they will then act. The reason Suarez's case did not go to court and Terry's did is because Terry's was reported to the Police by members of the public. It's as simple as that.

In fairness I don't think either incident reflects the true nature of where we are.

Racism isn't tolerated in grounds by the fans or the clubs.

Not sure what more the FA can do on this issue.

The point I'm trying to make is that it's shocking that players think they can get away with it on the football pitch. You never see that sort of behaviour in rugby, it's all got a bit too tribal for my tastes and football needs to grow up.

Archived