IGNORED

Weak Transfer Rumours Thread [Merged & Renamed]

I think youre being rather unfair on City.

The reason Southampton offered £1m was because, at the time, Fontaine was an excellent, consistent Championship defender. It made sense, at the time, for the city board to offer him a new contract to retain his services.

Unfortunately, immediately his form went completely downhill. Neither the board, nor the fans, could have predicted.

Your missing the point.

Giving Fonts a fat new contract after his move to Soton collapsed, would of been the right thing to do if the transfer broke down due to any other reason than failing medical.

This might well explain his poor form all season?!?

Now were stuck with a player whose confidance is shot here, carries far too many niggling injuries & whose on a ridiculous wage.

Your missing the point.

Giving Fonts a fat new contract after his move to Soton collapsed, would of been the right thing to do if the transfer broke down due to any other reason than failing medical.

This might well explain his poor form all season?!?

Now were stuck with a player whose confidance is shot here, carries far too many niggling injuries & whose on a ridiculous wage.

Personally I don’t think I am missing the point.

As Timothy Bird posted “I remember when we were on the verge of selling Fontaine to Southampton people going nuts and calling Millen all sorts of rude things! Very fickle some people are!”

Prior to the Southampton bid Fontaine was playing well – that’s why they bid £1m. I can’t remember posts on the forum at the time saying the board was crazy to offer him a new contract.

Hindsight is an amazing thing, but unfortunately it always come too late.

Dmc may possibly have given him a contract extension but it was definitely millen who nearly sold him to southampton.

Was there another time they were in for him then? I am sure they bid for him when DMC was here! I remember DMC being interviewed about it after? Maybe I have my wires crossed though.

Was there another time they were in for him then? I am sure they bid for him when DMC was here! I remember DMC being interviewed about it after? Maybe I have my wires crossed though.

I think fontaine went down there in the August. Millen was sacked in October DMC gave him a new contract in November.

I only think they came in for him the once. That said my memory is shite

I think fontaine went down there in the August. Millen was sacked in October DMC gave him a new contract in November.

I only think they came in for him the once. That said my memory is shite

Could well have been why I got my wires crossed then!!

I think you’re being rather unfair on City.

The reason Southampton offered £1m was because, at the time, Fontaine was an excellent, consistent Championship defender. It made sense, at the time, for the city board to offer him a new contract to retain his services.

Unfortunately, immediately his form went completely downhill. Neither the board, nor the fans, could have predicted.

Bloke I work with reckons Soton were never going to sign Fonts. It was just that they wanted some leverage regarding the player they were after:

[comments below are fictitious]

Soton: 'You want how much? Ok we'll see you next Tuesday, we're signing Fontaine from Bristol City.'

Agent: 'What? Fk. Wait. Fk. He likes the deal. Come on, he like the deal. fK. He'll sign.

Soton: 'Who's your daddy?'

Was out there a few years back , treated me like a king !!!

220px-African_Pigmies_CNE-v1-p58-B.jpg

Heart warming family photo there glyn.

You and your wife (one of?) look very proud of young Goliath Titan Riley.

Hard to make out the thoughts of your father in law - got to say I've seen happier looking Grandads.

It's a common surname in the West Country. It was first recorded in Somerset in the 16th century and it is derived from the German surname Diederick or the Irish name O'Derrig (which some say also came from the German).

This spelling is quite common for first names, however, in the US.

Noticed the lads a free agent according to the PFA website, 19 y o Centre Back, 6ft 3' . Worth a punt for the development squad? There's a few other young'ens on thr as well that could be worth a potential look at, such as Elliott Parish, free agent from Villa (GK). Quite a few I never realised actually, sites worth a look: http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist/listedplayers/sortbydate/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/1/

Noticed the lads a free agent according to the PFA website, 19 y o Centre Back, 6ft 3' . Worth a punt for the development squad? There's a few other young'ens on thr as well that could be worth a potential look at, such as Elliott Parish, free agent from Villa (GK). Quite a few I never realised actually, sites worth a look: http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist/listedplayers/sortbydate/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/1/

Notice Reece Brown is on that list; seen him play for a Man U side a few years back (think it was 09/10 season); was pretty decent, even at a young age.

Not paid attention to his career since (only remember him because at the time someone pointed out he was Wes Brown's brother) but just seen he's had a few appearances in league one and two the last few seasons.

Sort of lad I'd like to think we'd maybe be able to attract with the chance at first team football, and who we'd should be looking at, having learnt the trade in a good youth set-up and got out on loan a bit.

Archived