IGNORED

Players Departing/staying Thread 2012 [Merged]

Red Army 79

Ah, misread the page. But still, to progress he needs to be available 40 games a season not half that.

Just to add, I only think we will sign 8 or 9 players if we shift three or four out. We certainly won't have a squad smaller than 22 after you take away the kids who haven't played yet.

Agreed, but Stewart and Kilkenny seem the most likely to be "out of favour" to me and as one of them is on £10k a week with two years left to go on his deal, I can't see us being able to shift him even if we wanted to, Stewart might go with a pay off and the prospect of a contract elsewhere longer than the year he has left with us, I suppose?

Agreed, but Stewart and Kilkenny seem the most likely to be "out of favour" to me and as one of them is on £10k a week with two years left to go on his deal, I can't see us being able to shift him even if we wanted to, Stewart might go with a pay off and the prospect of a contract elsewhere longer than the year he has left with us, I suppose?

I'm sure we'll shift Stewart, he'll want to be back in London and we'll part pay him up. Kilkenny, well it will depend on if he wants to move. He might, I'm sure he didn't come here for a relegation fight, in which case again we'll come to some arrangement. Australian soccer is starting to pay well.

I think a couple of others may move on too. The problem is unless we have a first team squad with a higher average level of quality in than last season there's a very good chance we'll be in trouble again. We can't be too short on numbers as well or we'll have another half a dozen expensive loans and only hit the mark with 1 or 2.

Dont think we have seen the best of Killa yet. Del has been unable to utilise his best qualities to the max due to the position we have been in. He is easily the classiest of our midfielders and I'm sure next season people will see the 'real' Kilkenny. As you say Stewart will be allowed to leave which will clearly cost us, but only in the short term.

I would think no more than 5 perm signings, and only Stewart to be moved out in the summer. Kilkenny is earning too much, plus does offer something in the right position, Nyatanga will see his contract out. I can see Pittman being sold if an offer comes in for him. A GK you can loan from the Prem , as each club has at least 4 on their books, so no need to sign one. I think most have it correct with a LB, CB, CM and a striker, for sure one with pace. Bolasie and Albert will probably be all we do with wingers, unlikely we will play with 2 at any one time anyway. Not sure if he rates Woolford, pretty sure we cannot find anyone to take him either. Agree total squad no more than 24 including some of the young players. Quality not quantity. Finding a quality striker in budget will be a major challenge.

Any particular reason you say that?

Clearly our best hope of goals, and Del reinstated him as soon as his ban finished.

Unless he stalls on a new contract why would City want to sell Pitman?

Any particular reason you say that?

Clearly our best hope of goals, and Del reinstated him as soon as his ban finished.

Unless he stalls on a new contract why would City want to sell Pitman?

He also gave James and Macca respectful goodbyes in that game indicating it wasn't as important as you might think........

That's my concern.

If we are still dependent on the usual faces come the start of the season, why should the outcome be any different ?

I hope we see a few more going out such as Elliott, Kilkenny, Stewart as a minimum, to be replaced by some consistent better quality players. We need at least 5 better quality players than we have, and getting them to come here is a big problem.

The squad as a whole may not be full of names but that isn't really the case with a lot of the Championship teams. Obviously the ex prem teams tend to have more "stars" but the rest of the teams are made up of players of a similar quality to ours with the 2 or 3 class/real gems. I would think that DM is focussed at bringing this element into our squad as well. We may have a couple already, Bolasie could really blossom with a pre-season under Del and Doc and I still think that Albert will come back stronger next season. If we can find a formation that allows Kilkenny play far enough foward to cause damage, he could still be an asset and I do believe that Woolford has the talent if the coaching staff can build his confidence levels.

I don't think we should under estimate what a pre-season with this management team could get out of the squad.

• Admin

I wouldn't be surprised to see Soton test our resolve to keep Albert with a £2-3m offer. How would we feel about that. We seemed to play better as a team when he didn't feature in the run-in & I think I'd be happy to give Yala the right wing spot & the cash would help us get a very good left winger at this level, leaving us more balanced overall.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Soton test our resolve to keep Albert with a £2-3m offer. How would we feel about that. We seemed to play better as a team when he didn't feature in the run-in & I think I'd be happy to give Yala the right wing spot & the cash would help us get a very good left winger at this level, leaving us more balanced overall.

If they came in with that, i would rip their arm off.

Yes he is a very direct running winger, but his end product is not great. I would let hime go with a nice big sell on clause, incase his end product suddenly improved

Love watching Albert, but if we don't utilise the space he makes for other (that is what he does best,) then we should get rid and find someone with a better final ball.

13 players have left reading: Brian Howard, Tomasz Cywka and Andy Griffin. Cederic Baseya, Cameron Edwards, Ethan Gage, John Goddard, Simon Locke, Carl McHugh, Jack Mills, David Murphy, Frankie Raymond and Jacob Walcott

Any of these be worth looking at ??

13 players have left reading: Brian Howard, Tomasz Cywka and Andy Griffin. Cederic Baseya, Cameron Edwards, Ethan Gage, John Goddard, Simon Locke, Carl McHugh, Jack Mills, David Murphy, Frankie Raymond and Jacob Walcott

Any of these be worth looking at ??

A lot of players with past glories there. Not sure to be honest, think most are on a downward spiral now. I think we need to look for some really ambitious younger players.

Archived