IGNORED

Players Departing/staying Thread 2012 [Merged]

Red Army 79

With Cisse just having an operation and out for 3 weeks have we seen the last of him in a City shirt? Getting him to stay next season could be the most important business of the summer

totally agree. he is a player that brings so much to the team but goes about it without standing out. breaks up play brilliantly and has been a major part of our away performances vs forest and blues. he won the ball back for us so often in these games and this stopped the pressure that would have been constantly on the defence for the whole of these games. sign him up del

I wouldnt be at all surprised to see him released.

We have Skuse and Marv both contracted in the engine room and Cisse cant get around the pitch like those two.

He continues to struggle with niggling injuries/playing through the pain barrier and thus cant play Saturday/Tuesday. He's blowing our his *** come 70 mins plus one of the big wage earners at the club,

The same very reason/s he was released by Reading. I hope he stay's but feel for the reasons above he wont be here next season.

If he looks tired towards the end of games it's because he puts in so much effort during the match. Skuse was excellent towards the end of the season, whereas Cisse was excellent all season. I'd say we need Cisse in the matchday squad every week, hopefully playing alongside a new strong, fast, creative goalscoring midfielder. One day we'll get one.

If we release Cisse that would be the first BIG mistake of the re-building process and wouldnt fill me with much hope for the rest of the summer... Cisse is a MUST KEEP player!!

+1

Del has always stressed the importance of Cisse since he took over. He is a MUST keep for me.

Yes he does have some injury probs and fitness issues at times but given a summer Del and the staff can work on that and get him into shape. Be devastated to see him go.

Cisse is a good player who has ben a key part of us staying up but it would be madness to sign him if we cannot offload Elliot.

If you are trying to run a club sensibly within your means it would be crazy to have 3 senior pros (Skuse/Elliot/Cisse), all on good contracts i should imagine, who fit the 'bill winning midfielder' role when there are so many other areas that are crying out to be addressed

Having all 3 either means we guarantee a high earner (or two) on the bench/out the match day squad, or even worse we try and fit them in together and end up with the TOTAL lack of attacking/creative ability through the centre of the park.

No more big contracts for positions that aren't priority!

Cisse is a good player who has ben a key part of us staying up but it would be madness to sign him if we cannot offload Elliot.

If you are trying to run a club sensibly within your means it would be crazy to have 3 senior pros (Skuse/Elliot/Cisse), all on good contracts i should imagine, who fit the 'bill winning midfielder' role when there are so many other areas that are crying out to be addressed

Having all 3 either means we guarantee a high earner (or two) on the bench/out the match day squad, or even worse we try and fit them in together and end up with the TOTAL lack of attacking/creative ability through the centre of the park.

No more big contracts for positions that aren't priority!

So instead we release the better player and keep the worst? this IMO does not make sense, its all good saving money but if you have a team full of donkys you wont get very far... If we have to keep all three for a year inorder to keep the better player then so be it!!

So instead we release the better player and keep the worst? this IMO does not make sense, its all good saving money but if you have a team full of donkys you wont get very far... If we have to keep all three for a year inorder to keep the better player then so be it!!

Exactly, but you also need a squad. Skuse can also play in other positions. Baring in mind with so many players out of contract or going back from being on loan to parent clubs Del with have the luxury of balancing out the squad and recruiting. If he keeps them all he will do it up by releasing others.

Wait and see and trust in Del instead of everyone drawing their own conclusions. We don't know he is going or staying yet and we don't know his budget or targets.

Are you suggesting that Skuse & Elliot are our worst players?

I think they all have their merits and weaknesses but theres no point keeping all 3 on what must be reasonably big money.

2 from 3 sems sensible. If all three were out of contract then you could take you choice no problems, however only Cisse is

So the facts are that unless we can find a buyer for one of the contracted two, its much easier to part company with Cisse to rebalance the squad and free up contract money for other key weakness areas such as Left Back, Centreback (and some would make arguments for GK, another left back, left mid, centre mid and a striker :laugh:).

for the record i think cisse is a really good player and if it wasnt for squad balance / financial reasons i would agree we should lock him in the changing room till he signs :laugh:

why would we get rid of cisse? different player to marv so why are you comparing them? cisse needs to be given a new contract end of IMO

Totally agree, Cisse, Skuse and Marv are all different players. Cisse is like a poor man's Makelele (and that's no insult!!). Cisse does his job quietly, effectively in a consistent, 'no frills' fashion, much like the French legend. Ask Real Madrid and Chelsea fans how much they missed the little bloke when he moved on. I see Cisse in a similar light, at our level.

We have Skuse and Marv both contracted in the engine room and Cisse cant get around the pitch like those two.

He continues to struggle with niggling injuries/playing through the pain barrier and thus cant play Saturday/Tuesday. He's blowing our his *** come 70 mins plus one of the big wage earners at the club,

The same very reason/s he was released by Reading. I hope he stay's but feel for the reasons above he wont be here next season.

cant agree- player of the season for me!

Came to us on the back Copout's appointment. Well respected bt the reading fans.

as red army points out, critical we sign him.

(PS, no names no pack drills, but I hear last game for carey today !!)

Totally agree, Cisse, Skuse and Marv are all different players. Cisse is like a poor man's Makelele (and that's no insult!!). Cisse does his job quietly, effectively in a consistent, 'no frills' fashion, much like the French legend. Ask Real Madrid and Chelsea fans how much they missed the little bloke when he moved on. I see Cisse in a similar light, at our level.

Spot on with all of that mate !!

His game doesn't involve running about a lot. Marv doesn't have the discipline to sit and Skuse is kind of wasted there IMO

His game doesn't involve running about a lot. Marv doesn't have the discipline to sit and Skuse is kind of wasted there IMO

Trouble is they are all completely different

Cisse sits breaks up

Skuse Gets around the pitch, but defends and tackles sensibly and can pick a pass

Elliott Box to box midfielder, whole hearted energy, great harrassin ability and out best goal threat from central midfield (even if he does miss alot)

I think you can argue there is a spot for each of them, depending on the game and formation. If we can get a proper attacking passing play maker, Central midfield has a bit of everything.

Archived