IGNORED

Players Departing/staying Thread 2012 [Merged]

Red Army 79

He has come to us on big big wages, for the most part been a bit part, until Mcinnes came, and even then he has be used sparingly, often not used at home. Now if this is to nurse him through games, fair enough, but if not you have to ask yourself why.

I personally really like the bloke, just the kind of player you need shielding the back 4

But with this fair play finance thing coming in, it makes perfect sense to get rid of the bloke if he will not sign unless the wages are high. I am afraid the days of high wages in the championship are over, if he can get a better deal abroad, or even in the Prem, fair play. We should not be messing up the wage structure for one player, who has seemed to have injury issues the whole time he has been with us. If his wages don't fit, then goodbye Cisse, thanks for the few games you actually played for us, you did yourself proud as the water carrier.

Cisse is a tough choice for me, yes he is a good player and did well for us last season but is on a high wage compared to other team members.

I think the club will have offered him a deal at reduced wages but his agent will be advising him if he could get a better deal elsewhere - I'm sure clubs in France would be interested.

Part of me thinks if he did leave it would allow Del to bring in younger, hungrier players on lower wages and greater potential...

Would keep Cisse,Wilson and Pearson.the rest of them put us in the mess and only came good when their careers depended on it.No room for sentiment cant see too many of those players caring either way unless it affects their wallet!!We do have the base for a really decent season with the right additions though.

Damion Stewart is out of contract in 2013

Here are our players with contracts beyond this summer. Could be a mini clear out next year too!

Gerkin – 2013

Wilson – 2014

Fontaine – 2014

Foster - 2015

Stewart – 2013

Nyatanga -2013

Adomah – 2014

Elliott – 2013

Kilkenny – 2014

Bolasie - 2013

Skuse – 2013

Woolford – 2014

Stead – 2013

Pitman – 2013

Taylor – 2014

Here are our players with contracts beyond this summer. Could be a mini clear out next year too!

Gerkin – 2013

Wilson – 2014

Fontaine – 2014

Foster - 2015

Stewart – 2013

Nyatanga -2013

Adomah – 2014

Elliott – 2013

Kilkenny – 2014

Bolasie - 2013

Skuse – 2013

Woolford – 2014

Stead – 2013

Pitman – 2013

Taylor – 2014

Could pick a decent team out of that lot.

No need to bring anyone in then ........... :shocking:

Gerkin – 2013

Wilson – 2014

Fontaine – 2014

Foster - 2015

Stewart – 2013

Nyatanga -2013

Adomah – 2014

Elliott – 2013

Kilkenny – 2014

Bolasie - 2013

Skuse – 2013

Woolford – 2014

Stead – 2013

Pitman – 2013

Taylor – 2014

Foster signed for 2.5 years so his contract is up in summer 2014

Yep dykstra was a loan, I shouldn't have had him in the list, but his short period he was fantastic.

Shaw ousted cashely.

Waugh was sold

Leaning was ousted by sinclair, but I remember that through injury, not poor form. Leaning didn't really play for us when the backpass rule. The player that ruined was Matt Bryant.

Welch good keeper, couldn't deal with long shots, great with the ball at his feet. Only remember him being unavailable through injury.

Bloke we got from chesterfield. Great keeper, only dropped for injury.

Phillips not great at crosses, dealt with them about as well as James who is forever seen coming then backing off putting defence under pressure. Phillips did throw his toys out of his pram when he was dropped, and left. He was dropped once.

Basso, dropped for a fall out, saved us many more times than he cost us, was a big force behind the team doing so, influenced greatly squad members, Bradley Orr in particular.

James, here 2 years, dropped through poor performances at least 3 times that I remember, for a player, who many people here thought was at best a average league 1 keeper.

For me the worst. To slam the fact home to ensure he is the very bottom of the pile, is the value for money stakes. Where he bottoms out miles and miles below the others listed.

Taking all that into consideration, the worst I have seen live. I won't go into the basic mistakes he makes, I have listed them so many times in the past.

Nice and intelligent bloke though, might make a good coach. Should have retired imo after he left pompey. He hasn't taken his time here seriously enough for me, which he alluded to himself when he said he didn't prepare right when he joined us.

Not good enough.

Like I said before it's easy to be over critical of him for what he has done in the game.

Yes he is towards the end of his career and like every other City fan I thought he was going to be the catalyst that would take us onto another level.

Sadly it hasn't worked out for us, and maybe that's why opinion is deeply divided over him.

You guys completely over-rate this guy to the point it's bloody annoying. He's been good for us sure, but if he went I don't think it would be that much of a big deal. No other clubs have publicly said they are interested in him because he's a very average championship player. I wouldn't be fussed if he went or he stayed to be honest. And I can't imagine he's on very high wages.

You guys completely over-rate this guy to the point it's bloody annoying. He's been good for us sure, but if he went I don't think it would be that much of a big deal. No other clubs have publicly said they are interested in him because he's a very average championship player. I wouldn't be fussed if he went or he stayed to be honest. And I can't imagine he's on very high wages.

People rate him highly as he has shone in what has honestly been a very poor team all season, which raises him above the rest. He should be retained for next season as he has use, however the way he has been used for the majority of the time he has been here I could see why he wouldn't want to stay although he has featured alot under Del.

Like I said before it's easy to be over critical of him for what he has done in the game.

Yes he is towards the end of his career and like every other City fan I thought he was going to be the catalyst that would take us onto another level.

Sadly it hasn't worked out for us, and maybe that's why opinion is deeply divided over him.

I can see why we signed him, showed we meant business. Just a shame he wasn't honest with himself and realised he was waning and retired.

I like the bloke, just don't think he ever really warranted a place in the starting lineup with his form. It has been a expensive mistake. I guess you need to take risks to succeed, this one didn't work.

I like James too and I have heard he is a top bloke. I can see why he was signed at the time... and he must be nearly as p*ssed off as Coppell when promised (and at time very realistic deals bringing the likes of Michael Owen and Dave Kitson etc.) failed to materialise for whatever reasons... at least he stuck to his contract!! I also understand the frustrations within this forum and agree now is time to move on... James is out of contract and I cannot see that his future is here unless the aim is for him to replace Spink as GK coach. Gerken really should be given some credit for his peformances since coming in... it's a real shame we lost Henderson but can see another keeper or two arriving shortly. Just hope the rumours of Weale returning are not true!

Surely no one can say whether we should keep him or not unless you know who we would replace him with?

He is on high wages - the type that could attract a top class midfielder in this division. If it is a choice between a top quality goalscoring attacking midfielder or Cisse then I know what I would want. Cisse is a good player at this level but not great and rarely stands out as the best player on the pitch - additionally we have similar in Elliott and Skuse.

Surely no one can say whether we should keep him or not unless you know who we would replace him with?

He is on high wages - the type that could attract a top class midfielder in this division. If it is a choice between a top quality goalscoring attacking midfielder or Cisse then I know what I would want. Cisse is a good player at this level but not great and rarely stands out as the best player on the pitch - additionally we have similar in Elliott and Skuse.

But I'd want Cisse to partner the hypothetical midfielder you mention above the other two.

Considering the guy was lambasted as crap in his first season it shows what a turnaround of performance he has produced given how stubborn most City fans are.

He goes about his job quietly and will rarely draw headlines because of the role he plays. But in that role he is accomplished and performs brilliantly.

Away from home in particular is where he has impressed me as being a unit. He breaks up play and does offer a lot of protection. He has prevented a lot of goals against this season, and whilst some may point to the goals against column it should be borne in mind one man doesn't make a defence. If more were of his quality in their role, we'd have had a dramatically different season (in my opinion).

Frankly, I don't think I overrate him because I genuinely think he is that good (particularly in the Championship).

Considering the guy was lambasted as crap in his first season it shows what a turnaround of performance he has produced given how stubborn most City fans are.

He goes about his job quietly and will rarely draw headlines because of the role he plays. But in that role he is accomplished and performs brilliantly.

Away from home in particular is where he has impressed me as being a unit. He breaks up play and does offer a lot of protection. He has prevented a lot of goals against this season, and whilst some may point to the goals against column it should be borne in mind one man doesn't make a defence. If more were of his quality in their role, we'd have had a dramatically different season (in my opinion).

Frankly, I don't think I overrate him because I genuinely think he is that good (particularly in the Championship).

I think he has played very well this season too, and definitely one of the more consistent players this season too. My only point being was that anyone would think this guy has Premier League teams after him from reading these forums. If Derek wants to keep him - he will sign another 2 year contract. If not, then I'm sure Derek has an even better player lined up.

My only point being was that anyone would think this guy has Premier League teams after him from reading these forums.

I take the point (although who knows they may eventually surface). I honestly believe the guy could make a good contribution to sides such as Stoke, Wigan, Swansea etc next season.

If he does leave us I can't see it being for a side lesser placed than we are, and perhaps Soton, maybe even Reading etc will look towards him. Someone else suggested Ligue 1, don't think that's a particularly bad shout either. I definitely do not want to see the back of him though.

With Cisse just having an operation and out for 3 weeks have we seen the last of him in a City shirt? Getting him to stay next season could be the most important business of the summer

No disrespect to Cisse but if keeping him next season is our most important bit of summer business then I fear another season of dull dish water.

Archived