IGNORED

Players Departing/staying Thread 2012 [Merged]

Red Army 79

If that is true thats a disgrace hes been our best defender(ok not hard) since he came back from injury!

if he does go, got to go for imougu as a replacement for deff!!

Its not a disgrace...he has been a big club man and has shown great battling qualities overe the last run of games and I'm sure we are very thankful and would like to show our appreciation in the correct way. But this division is not getting any easier the potential 24 sides next year makes interesting reading. City will need to offer over the whole 46 games a heck of a lot more and the manager has oppenly said words to this effect publicaly. If the manager thinks he can still do a job then I'll back his judgement, but when money is tight, we will have to utlise a squad of circa 25 players that are good enough to compete in the sort of company we will be keeping, sentiment cannot be part of that thought process.

Good luck to the guy he has been a stalwart, lets wait and see what happens.

Have heard from a very reliable souce that DavId James has decided to leave,Plymouth want himas a player coach next year.He is happy to do this because he is now based here.Good luck to him

If I were him I would retire gracefully.

He isn't good enough anymore.

If I were him I would retire gracefully.

He isn't good enough anymore.

Easier said than done - he obviously loves playing football but you are right, it is better to make the decision yourself than have diminishing ability force someone else into making that decision.

There were mistakes this year, some of them indescribable. However, I think these overshadow some very good performances indeed.

I'm not advocating keeping him here, I think his time has come but I think for someone else like Plymouth he could do a job. Commercially it would be good for the club too (provided wages were appropriate).

Where ever he goes, he needs coaching role, even if that incorporates playing, he should be looking to his future. He has enough to retire anyway, time to get those coaching badges and coaching experience, unless he wants to concentrate on his art ambitions

Well it hasn't worked out for him here. If we could look back on the day he signed there would be MASSIVE DISAPOINTMENT at how it has turned out.

Trying to remember some outstanding games he has had for us. Cant think of any tbh.

Well it hasn't worked out for him here. If we could look back on the day he signed there would be MASSIVE DISAPOINTMENT at how it has turned out.

Trying to remember some outstanding games he has had for us. Cant think of any tbh.

A couple of outstanding game, a lot of average, and too many mediocre for me. if he had come in from a 1st or 2nd division club on low wages I still wouldn't have been impressed, but for massive wages, a ex England international, he was nothing more than a huge huge disappointment.

A couple of outstanding game, a lot of average, and too many mediocre for me. if he had come in from a 1st or 2nd division club on low wages I still wouldn't have been impressed, but for massive wages, a ex England international, he was nothing more than a huge huge disappointment.

Give me an example of where he has been "outstanding", and don't say Reading away....cos he certainly wasn't outstanding despite one good penalty save.

Give me an example of where he has been "outstanding", and don't say Reading away....cos he certainly wasn't outstanding despite one good penalty save.

I can't remember the games, I remember the headlines. To be honest I couldn't care, I never thought he was good enough in his time here, 2 or 3 outstanding performances don't make up for medeocrity. Why do you need to know the 2 good games anyway? Every bad player has the odd good game, it happens....Apart from Hunt and Mitchell of course

I can't remember the games, I remember the headlines. To be honest I couldn't care, I never thought he was good enough in his time here, 2 or 3 outstanding performances don't make up for medeocrity. Why do you need to know the 2 good games anyway? Every bad player has the odd good game, it happens....Apart from Hunt and Mitchell of course

I was just interesting in when you thought he had an "outstanding" game.....you said it yourself, not me.

Personally I think he has been poor throughout the season, in fact, with the exception of Joe Murphy, I can't think of a worse starting goalkeeper in the whole of the league.

I was just interesting in when you thought he had an "outstanding" game.....you said it yourself, not me.

Personally I think he has been poor throughout the season, in fact, with the exception of Joe Murphy, I can't think of a worse starting goalkeeper in the whole of the league.

I've said it before, Cashley, Shaw, Waugh, Leaning, Sinclair, Dykstra, Welch, Phillips, Basso 30 years of 1st teamers (albeit Dykstra on loan) All better than James on the form he has shown in the last 2 seasons. I maintain he is the worst regular keeper I have seen at the Gate.

I've said it before, Cashley, Shaw, Waugh, Leaning, Sinclair, Dykstra, Welch, Phillips, Basso 30 years of 1st teamers (albeit Dykstra on loan) All better than James on the form he has shown in the last 2 seasons. I maintain he is the worst regular keeper I have seen at the Gate.

This is slightly exaggerated, but there is no doubt that DJ was a big waste of money for us.

As I said on another thread, we have seen occasional flashes of brilliance from him for us, but generally it has been a case of a former star in his decline.

If he can get another year at Plymouth, good luck to him.

However, it seems unlikely - as PAFC are still in deep financial trouble I believe.

Or has some rich man stepped up for them ?

Someone will tell me.

+1

Del has always stressed the importance of Cisse since he took over. He is a MUST keep for me.

Yes he does have some injury probs and fitness issues at times but given a summer Del and the staff can work on that and get him into shape. Be devastated to see him go.

But will he be around in the summer, i seem to remember he was living in Europe last summer.

Did he not upset Millen by reporting back to pre-season training over weight. ?

This is slightly exaggerated, but there is no doubt that DJ was a big waste of money for us.

As I said on another thread, we have seen occasional flashes of brilliance from him for us, but generally it has been a case of a former star in his decline.

However, it seems unlikely - as PAFC are still in deep financial trouble I believe.

Someone will tell me.

This I can assure you is not exaggerated, I have never seen a keeper make so many basic balls ups in such a short space of time.

I am deadly serious

I also haven't seen a keeper dropped for poor performances as many times as James. Says it all really!

Someone will tell me.

Don't think theor in deep financial trouble anymore, but for them to get James would take a pretty sizeable wage and I wouldn't of thought that's what they would need, its exactly what went wrong under their previous regime... Saying that, living in Plymouth myself I've always been told he was quoted saying he would love to finish his career at Argyle, but that was when they were in the championship, whether or not he would fancy league 2 is another question I suppose

Don't think theor in deep financial trouble anymore, but for them to get James would take a pretty sizeable wage and I wouldn't of thought that's what they would need, its exactly what went wrong under their previous regime... Saying that, living in Plymouth myself I've always been told he was quoted saying he would love to finish his career at Argyle, but that was when they were in the championship, whether or not he would fancy league 2 is another question I suppose

ahem. The Sun says Di Canio is interested

Archived