IGNORED

Players Departing/staying Thread 2012 [Merged]

Red Army 79

Not disputing you Arn as your normally ITK, but to me "cannot afford the wages" seems silly as we know what were getting in Cisse, and it certainly wouldn't be a waste IMO, theres just no gamble involved.

And I thought the process of releasing the deadwood and high earners would alllow us to get some quality players. Cisse is more than likely one of the high earners but its justified in his performances. Im also guessing that the same rule will prevent Amougou joining permenatly too then.

Was from the horses mouth mucker

He wants to stay, but earns a big fat wallet of money per week. Also heard that Del Boys funding for players next year is almost half!!!

The likes of Cisse has to go

Cisse is quality on his day and hopefully if he is offered a deal he will take it. It wont be nothing like he is on at the moment though

Letting Cisse go would be a terrible decision

The way i look at it is this

Lets say Cisse is on 12k a week? (my guess)

He,s offered a 2 year deal on 7k a week? (my guess)

Surely he would take the offer or would he try to go to a club that would pay him the same as his current wage?

Its not about the player, its the @@@@@@ agent sadly

The way i look at it is this

Lets say Cisse is on 12k a week? (my guess)

He,s offered a 2 year deal on 7k a week? (my guess)

Surely he would take the offer or would he try to go to a club that would pay him the same as his current wage?

Its not about the player, its the @@@@@@ agent sadly

I reckon Cisse is on about 7k a week now.

I heard Cisse was on a basic wage of about 8K per week however I also hear he gets quite a nice appearance bonus. If getting rid means we can bring in two players then might have to do it. I think I read that Murray Davidson is on about 6K per month.

Murray Davidson would cost atleast 600k. I'd rather just tie Cisse down to a new contract.

Was from the horses mouth mucker

Which Horse?

Seems strange someone would leak our spending budget to you, and wage negotiations, and the private difference in views between Cisse an his agent, and a retained list, and salary information.

That horse should probably be made to run in the grand national if true.

Would be very sad to see him go, would be first name on team sheet for me.

However he was signed at a time when our aspirations were much more fanciful than they are now. If his wages reflect that and, for whatever reason, he/his agent won't talk lower numbers then it could be a begrudgingly sensible decision.

The flaw in the list is Stewart - as Christopher E points out - under contract till 2014 on v good money. He's not going to find anyone to match his BCFC wages given that he's playing at League 1 level at the moment.

Another Hunt situation developing - unwanted but on a big contract.

Regarding Cisse - I don't doubt he's on big money but the question is now not about what he is (or was ) on , thats history now, Can he get that money anywhere else given that the Football Fair Play rules are coming in and ALL clubs need to reduce their wage bill.

i'm sure we'll offer him less than he's on now and his agent will tout him around but he may yet find our offer acceptable.

On the other hand maybe Del has a better/cheaper replacement lined up ???

CR

If any of the OOC players are offered new deals, the wages on offer won't be anywhere near what they are on at the moment....probably around half.

Think we are going to cut our wage bill in half AT LEAST.....no more 10k or 15k per week etc, etc.....about time too IMO.

Players wages are killing football clubs.

BCAGFC

Which Horse?

Seems strange someone would leak our spending budget to you, and wage negotiations, and the private difference in views between Cisse an his agent, and a retained list, and salary information.

That horse should probably be made to run in the grand national if true.

Not from me. The imformant will post here later

Cisse has been my POTY,simple but very effective, would be a shame to lose him but as others have posted i belive he will be offered another contract at a reduced rate.

Stewart is in contract till summer 2013, perhaps cancelling the contract as (LJ & NH) could be a wise decision if county dont want to cough up?

I have a funny feeling Bret maybe leaving, just a hunch

Cisse has been my POTY,simple but very effective, would be a shame to lose him but as others have posted i belive he will be offered another contract at a reduced rate.

Stewart is in contract till summer 2013, perhaps cancelling the contract as (LJ & NH) could be a wise decision if county dont want to cough up?

I have a funny feeling Bret maybe leaving, just a hunch

It would be hard to find a player that is as good as cisse in that role he plays, especially at this level. Must give him a contract, well worth the wages imo

It shouldn't be about he is out of contract we have Elliott and Skuse 3 don't fit. It should be about keeping your best players. I would have Cisse in my team before both Elliott and Skuse. If we need to get rid of one surely it must be out of Skuse and Elliott who are both box to box Centre Midfielders where Cisse sits just in front of the back four and breaks up play. If we want a so called play maker in Midfield we need Cisse next to him to protect our back four otherwise we will be left to open as the last few seasons has proved.

Archived