IGNORED

Players Departing/staying Thread 2012 [Merged]

Red Army 79

When will this club kick the sentimental shit? Should have used Carey's wages to add to Cisse's to keep him here.

Actually really concerned without Cisse.

Hang on, it's only May; concerned?! Cisse has been very good and it would have been great to retain him, but in reality he's quite limited in that he's very defensive minded. I have noa doubt whatsoever than Del knows that at least 1 more midfielder had to come in so I'd reckon with Kaliffa gone he know's he needs a couple.

Hang on, it's only May; concerned?! Cisse has been very good and it would have been great to retain him, but in reality he's quite limited in that he's very defensive minded. I have noa doubt whatsoever than Del knows that at least 1 more midfielder had to come in so I'd reckon with Kaliffa gone he know's he needs a couple.

In the sense we won't improve his position. He's easily a top six player in this league. We won't better his position in the team. He's a big loss.

When will this club kick the sentimental shit? Should have used Carey's wages to add to Cisse's to keep him here.

Actually really concerned without Cisse.

I expect Carey is on a pay as you play absolute peanuts deal.. I expect Cisse wants at least 4-5k more.

Cisse was brought in by coppell under the premise of being competitive at the right end of the table. Let's be honest it's gone tits up!!!! So if cisse finds himself a move to a top end championship side then I wish him well (let's hope that he decides the grass isn't greener and signs a new deal)

Cisse was brought in by coppell under the premise of being competitive at the right end of the table. Let's be honest it's gone tits up!!!! So if cisse finds himself a move to a top end championship side then I wish him well (let's hope that he decides the grass isn't greener and signs a new deal)

defensive midfielder is not a position we are lacking tbh. good luck to the lad good player but seems to have fitness issues.

Cisee is a good player, but he's no world beater. I'd have liked to have seen him stay, but don't forget that we played most of the season without Elliot or Skuse, who are (hopefully) long overdue an injury-free run sooner rather than later.

Also hoping that the problematic full back positions (especially left back) are finally sorted in the transfer window. It's remarkable that it's gone on as long as it has.

Just for clarification, when the club says "... Has been offered a new contract", does that mean that they have signed this contract too and so are tied down to the club or is it literally just that, players have been offered contracts but still may choose to go elsewhere?

So is the squad now at about 21? I reckon we'll try and shift 2 or 3 more and sign 5 or 6

Just trying to figure out numbers:

1 David James Goalkeeper

2 Jordan Spence Defender

3 Jamie McAllister Defender

4 Liam Fontaine Defender

5 Lewin Nyatanga Defender

6 Louis Carey Defender

7 Marvin Elliott Midfielder

8 Neil Kilkenny Midfielder

9 Jon Stead Striker

10 Sean Davis Midfielder

10 Hogan Ephraim Midfielder

11 Martyn Woolford Midfielder

12 Ryan Taylor Striker

14 Cole Skuse Midfielder

15 Bobby Reid Midfielder

16 David Clarkson Striker

17 Yannick Bolasie Midfielder

18 James Wilson Defender

19 Christian Ribeiro Defender

21 Kalifa Cisse Midfielder

22 Dean Gerken Goalkeeper

23 Joe Edwards Defender

24 Marlon Jackson Striker

25 Danny Ball Defender

26 Richard Foster Defender

27 Albert Adomah Midfielder

29 Aaron Amadi-Holloway Defender

30 Henry Muggeridge Defender

31 Joe Bryan Defender

32 Lewis Carey Goalkeeper

33 Andre Amougou Defender

34 Brett Pitman Striker

35 Damion Stewart Defender

36 Ryan McGivern Defender

37 Stephen Pearson Midfielder

38 Dekel Keinan Defender

39 Chris Wood Striker

21 Left.

I'd expect Damion Stewart to move on, possible Holloway if he can find a better deal. I'd like us to get rid of Nyatanga & Killkenny. Out on Loan, Bryan & Carey.

defensive midfielder is not a position we are lacking tbh. good luck to the lad good player but seems to have fitness issues.

What people miss though is that a player that is as good as he is in that position allows a Manager to filed more attacking options elsewhere. I imagine he will go elsewhere because there are a lot of good teams out there that will appreciate his talents.

I would have hoped though he'd have been informed of an ambition by our club that we'd fighting for a spot like that next season. That's my concern.

Ye, I'm sure he was told that we're anticipating another relegation battle so? Sure, he can probably get another club and end up on higher wages than we'd offer him and it's not like he was starting every game when fit anyway (though I would have played him every game).

Archived