IGNORED

Players Departing/staying Thread 2012 [Merged]

Red Army 79

I recall from the very distant past that Cashley was dropped for Shaw.

Leaning and Sinclair were in and out of the team. In fact the new back pass rule did for Leaning, witness the 4,4 Draw with Pompey.

Dykstra was a loan???

Waugh and Welch were good keepers but at League 1 standard when maybe we only had 1 decent keeper and a young backup.

I was surprised when Phillips got dropped but it was common knowledge FOR A LONG TIME that he flapped under pressure from corners and HE got dropped for an untried non league Brazilian keeper.

And we all know how poor Brazilian keepers are, don't we?

I've always liked Macca because he always gave his all for this club. He seems like a great character and will be missed. Not the most technically gifted player but will be missed if he goes. Has like you said scored a couple of crackers for us too! Underrated and should not have received the criticism that came his way when things were at a low this season.

I recall from the very distant past that Cashley was dropped for Shaw.

Leaning and Sinclair were in and out of the team. In fact the new back pass rule did for Leaning, witness the 4,4 Draw with Pompey.

Dykstra was a loan???

Waugh and Welch were good keepers but at League 1 standard when maybe we only had 1 decent keeper and a young backup.

I was surprised when Phillips got dropped but it was common knowledge FOR A LONG TIME that he flapped under pressure from corners and HE got dropped for an untried non league Brazilian keeper.

And we all know how poor Brazilian keepers are, don't we?

Yep dykstra was a loan, I shouldn't have had him in the list, but his short period he was fantastic.

Shaw ousted cashely.

Waugh was sold

Leaning was ousted by sinclair, but I remember that through injury, not poor form. Leaning didn't really play for us when the backpass rule. The player that ruined was Matt Bryant.

Welch good keeper, couldn't deal with long shots, great with the ball at his feet. Only remember him being unavailable through injury.

Bloke we got from chesterfield. Great keeper, only dropped for injury.

Phillips not great at crosses, dealt with them about as well as James who is forever seen coming then backing off putting defence under pressure. Phillips did throw his toys out of his pram when he was dropped, and left. He was dropped once.

Basso, dropped for a fall out, saved us many more times than he cost us, was a big force behind the team doing so, influenced greatly squad members, Bradley Orr in particular.

James, here 2 years, dropped through poor performances at least 3 times that I remember, for a player, who many people here thought was at best a average league 1 keeper.

For me the worst. To slam the fact home to ensure he is the very bottom of the pile, is the value for money stakes. Where he bottoms out miles and miles below the others listed.

Taking all that into consideration, the worst I have seen live. I won't go into the basic mistakes he makes, I have listed them so many times in the past.

Nice and intelligent bloke though, might make a good coach. Should have retired imo after he left pompey. He hasn't taken his time here seriously enough for me, which he alluded to himself when he said he didn't prepare right when he joined us.

Not good enough.

Decisions have already been made...players will probably be informed tomorrow morning. We'll know tomorrow lunchtime/afternoon I reckon.

You are correct I think... many have already been told I would imagine. I dont think there will be any suprises on the list.

Lets hope the generated income can get us some quality capable of putting this Cities club on the map where it should be.

I would rather see younger talent being encouraged from other teams even the First Division rather than a bunch of aging has beens wannabe's and never will bes.. They are definately out there.. and not all in Scotland or the far North of England.

:sub: To

DAVID JAMES

JORDAN SPENCE

JAMIE McALLISTER

LOUIS CAREY

HOGAN EPHRAIM

DAVID CLARKSON

KALIFA CISSE

MARLON JACKSON

DANNY BALL

HENRY MUGGERIDGE

LEWIS CAREY (KEEPER)

DAMION STEWART

RYAN McGIVERN

DEKEL KEINAN

CHRIS WOOD

Guesswork Arn?

I would like to Cisse stay but I'm not so sure he wants to.

I'd be surprised if he gets a new deal so it was nice for McInnes to give him one last game. He's always given his all and is a dedicated player. What he lacks in ability he sure makes up in determination and he was a solid LB for us for a few years. It's time for us, and him, to move on now but I'd like to say thanks Macca, a reliable LB and decent servant to the club.

Wont happen Alan.

Told Kev in hospitalty the club cannot afford his wages next year

Shame because he has done well

Never know though maybe a change of heart?

The rest defo,s

Shame to see a few of those go, especially Cisse, but I'm all in favour of as big a clear out as possible - a ruthless and cold blooded cull is overdue.

Amadi-Holloway and Joe Edwards staying then?

Wont happen Alan.

Told Kev in hospitalty the club cannot afford his wages next year

Shame because he has done well

Never know though maybe a change of heart?

The rest defo,s

Not disputing you Arn as your normally ITK, but to me "cannot afford the wages" seems silly as we know what were getting in Cisse, and it certainly wouldn't be a waste IMO, theres just no gamble involved.

And I thought the process of releasing the deadwood and high earners would alllow us to get some quality players. Cisse is more than likely one of the high earners but its justified in his performances. Im also guessing that the same rule will prevent Amougou joining permenatly too then.

Archived