IGNORED

Colin Sexstone To Stand Down As Chairman

The Batman

Could be the announcement pending for 17h May..?

And all part of a positive future...?

Maybe an mega international organisation is taking control of the club..?

But whatever is the truth, I am sure it will be exciting for the club going forward..

CS has brought a lot to BCFC, and I am sure if he is to leave then it will be for the betterment of the club.

Well he has done Cricket, done Football so how about he sets up stall at Bristol Rugby...?

And fresh blood at Gate

Lansdown making his son chairman would be a complete joke. The guy has zero experience of running a business and has done a pretty poor job on the stadium project.

Would Jon Lansdown be considered for a senior job at any other Championship club, based on his CV? Hardly.

Lansdown making his son chairman would be a complete joke. The guy has zero experience of running a business and has done a pretty poor job on the stadium project.

Would Jon Lansdown be considered for a senior job at any other Championship club, based on his CV? Hardly.

What's your opinion here based on?

Don't like the sound of this one bit could be anything ie west brom approaching us for del,maybe be del wants out due to lack of transfer funds ,stadium issues ,hopefully it's none of these and Colin just wants to retire.

in the photo gallery of the Burnley game last saturday, there is a picture of McInne's and Sir Steve Lansdown talking about matters.

I'v always believed that Lansdown has had Massive says in City matters more than what it may look like publically in the last year. Derek may of had a change of heart in giving Carey a contract, Maybe Lansdown is missing the going's on at City and the potential of what this summer may bring, it could tempt him back into the big seat.

But if not, i'll support Dawe, Guy Price or Lansdown jnr if any of them become chairman, and not throw my toys out the pram like the Sun newspaper appear to have done concerning Hodgson

Don't like the sound of this one bit could be anything ie west brom approaching us for del,maybe be del wants out due to lack of transfer funds ,stadium issues ,hopefully it's none of these and Colin just wants to retire.

That's just jumping to a lot of conclusions there. Let's think about it rationally; Colin is in his 60s and no one knows about any health problems he may have for a start. I would hazard a guess at nothing sinister at all.

There are a few people on here who regularly like to have a pop at Colin Sexstone. I've heard a few of his speeches at Council meetings regarding the stadium and he comes over really well and is convincing and passionate in selling the project. SL obviously rates him, so maybe he's going back to leading the Stadium project, or as others have mentioned could be working more closely with the rugby club.

Possibly Steve Lansdown has seen enough in Del to have the confidence in him having a fuller role in the running of the club. That may encourage Steve to come back in as Chairman, as if he has enough confidence in the manager, he can keep his distance and let Del get on with his job. On the other hand there may be someone else in the wings ready to take up the Chairman's hot seat.

Personally I don't think SL could give full commitment simply because of the amount of days he is allowed in the country

I wouldn't be suprised at all if Keith Dawe took over as chairman as he has had a long and trusted working relationship at the club along side Steve

Also perhaps Colin Sexstone having a roll elsewhere?

I personally think Jon Lansdown may not be that bad an idea. Our biggest worry is Lansdown Senior getting fed up and walking.....with Junior at the helm, he may even pump some proper money into the playing staff.

This club now has a massive opportunity to go forward....survival this season and the big clear out means we get another chance to start again.

Don't mess it up City

I personally think Jon Lansdown may not be that bad an idea. Our biggest worry is Lansdown Senior getting fed up and walking.....with Junior at the helm, he may even pump some proper money into the playing staff.

This club now has a massive opportunity to go forward....survival this season and the big clear out means we get another chance to start again.

Don't mess it up City

I agree Andy. If Steve does put his son in charge , he's hardly likely to hang him out to dry. Is he ?

Steve lansdown wants both the football club and rugby club to be run together, ie 1 chairman, 1 ticket office, 1 shop etc

Makes sense now and was told weeks ago this would happen but never really paid much attention to it!!

Anyone see the recent qpr film when the chairman left it to warlock to sortost things out. Perhaps SL will leave things to del to be stronger and sort things out like player contracts and choice of players.

Archived