IGNORED

England Squad For The Euros?

Taylor10

Apologies if this has already been done elsewhere, but as I am having a very uneventful sunday evening and now the season has finished, I was just wondering what everyone's 23 man squad for the euros would be?

I would go....

Keepers- Hart, Foster/Robinson if Roy can convince him though, Ruddy

Defenders- Walker(if fit, if not Glen Johnson) Richards, Terry, Cahill, Jones, Lescott, Cole, Gibbs

Midfielders- Parker, Carrick, Lampard, Gerrard, Walcott, A Johnson, Young, Oxlade-Chamberlain

Strikers- Rooney, Welbeck, Carroll, Sturridge

Thoughts?

Apologies if this has already been done elsewhere, but as I am having a very uneventful sunday evening and now the season has finished, I was just wondering what everyone's 23 man squad for the euros would be?

I would go....

Defenders- Walker(if fit, if not Glen Johnson) Richards, Terry, Cahill, Jones, Lescott, Cole, Gibbs

Midfielders- Parker, Carrick, Lampard, Gerrard, Walcott, A Johnson, Young, Oxlade-Chamberlain

Thoughts?

There is a post similar to this somewhere. That squad isn't bad though.

I reckon it might be: Hart, Green, Foster, Baines, Cole, Walker, Johnson, Terry, Ferdinand, Lescott, Cahill, Parker, Barry, Gerrard, Lampard, Young, Johnson, Walcott, Lennon, Rooney, Carroll, Welbeck, Crouch.

I think that squad would suit Roy's style, not saying it's what I want, it's just my prediction.

I reckon it might be: Hart, Green, Foster, Baines, Cole, Walker, Johnson, Terry, Ferdinand, Lescott, Cahill, Parker, Barry, Gerrard, Lampard, Young, Johnson, Walcott, Lennon, Rooney, Carroll, Welbeck, Crouch.

I think that squad would suit Roy's style, not saying it's what I want, it's just my prediction.

Yeah I agree. The squad I named is what I want, not what I think it will be. I reckon your squad is pretty close to what Roy will take though.

I would go....

Thoughts?

it;s been done

But I would take out Terry and have Ferdinand in for the experienced centre half

I would have Joe Cole back in in midfield, for... hard call, Gerrard maybe, who has a lot of injuries and not done much this season

Maybe Barry over Carrick, who can fill in as an emergency left back if needs be and I think gives you other options from dead ball situations.

I would have Bent, if fit over Welbeck

Striking options for England are woeful, it says it all when Andy Carroll, Sturridge and Wellbeck would be getting starts when Rooney is injured or suspended. Third rate up front, we will be relying on Gerrard and Lampard hitting form for the first two games to get us goals.

Don't get how people can knock welbeck and sturridge. They are the future of English football and have had great seasons even if they have tailed off towards the end.

These are the type of player we must take to the euros and give them a chance like the Germans did.

Would also take Cleverly in place of Carrick/Barry who are both crap.

I think roy will pick

Keepers- Hart, Green, Carson

Defenders- Walker, Johnson, Terry, Cahill, Jones, Lescott, Cole, Baines

Midfielders- Parker, Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, Walcott, Milner, Young, Oxlade-Chamberlain

Strikers- Rooney, Welbeck, Defoe, Crouch, Carroll

If Parker doesn't make it Rio will go and Jones will be classed as a midfielder

I think roy will pick

Keepers- Hart, Green, Carson

Defenders- Walker, Johnson, Terry, Cahill, Jones, Lescott, Cole, Baines

Midfielders- Parker, Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, Walcott, Milner, Young, Oxlade-Chamberlain

Strikers- Rooney, Welbeck, Defoe, Crouch, Carroll

If Parker doesn't make it Rio will go and Jones will be classed as a midfielder

I think Foster may come out of retirement and go as second choice with Ruddy as third choice.

He's been awful this year. Andy Carroll bossed him about the other night, and he's not going to have much respect in the dressing room i'd imagine being a racist.

well he's definatly been better than jagielka..

but my two defensive pairing would be the chelsea boys, terry and cahill

Foster has stated today he will not come put of international retirement even for Roy

We don't want him anyway he is clearly a bottler! Who does he think he is turning his country down? He should be practically begging to be involved! No way near as good as he thinks he is!

I may have missed this, but isn't Terry still barred from selection by the FA? So all this debate over whether to take him is pointless

I wouldn't take him by the way; not because he's a racist but because he's not very good any more and can't be trusted not to do stupid things like kicking south Americans in the back of the knee. Before anyone says anything, I appreciate that Rooney did exactly the same, but at least he's still good

I may have missed this, but isn't Terry still barred from selection by the FA? So all this debate over whether to take him is pointless

I wouldn't take him by the way; not because he's a racist but because he's not very good any more and can't be trusted not to do stupid things like kicking south Americans in the back of the knee. Before anyone says anything, I appreciate that Rooney did exactly the same, but at least he's still good

No he is barred from being selected as captain. As it stands he is still up for selection.

I don't recall him being barred. Stripped of the captaincy, but not barred.

I don't recall him being barred. Stripped of the captaincy, but not barred.

I would go....

Thoughts?

Keepers- heart, robinson, green (purely as i cant think of any okay keepers available)

Defenders- Walker, baines, johnson, terry, cahill, richards, jones, cole

Midfielders- Gerrard, Lampard, Young, A Johnson, o chamberlain, Carrick, parker

Strikers, Holt, Carrol, Rooney, Crouch, Wellbeck

If Parker is fit:

Hart, Ruddy, Green (only because I can't think of anyone better)

Walker, Richards, Cahill, Jagielka, Jones, Lescott, Baines, Cole

Lennon, Chamberlain, Carrick, Barry, Gerrard, Parker, Young, J. Cole.

Sturridge, Rooney, Welbeck, Carrol

Working on the basis that in this country you are innocent until proven guilty, I would still take Terry.

He is still better than the likes of Lescott and Jagielka.

I would take him and pair him with Cahill as they have looked class together in the champs league.

Archived