IGNORED

England Squad For The Euros?

Taylor10

Working on the basis that in this country you are innocent until proven guilty, I would still take Terry.

He is still better than the likes of Lescott and Jagielka.

I would take him and pair him with Cahill as they have looked class together in the champs league.

Innocent until proven guilty of racism, I don't think he's contesting the charge of kneeing a diminutive Chilean in the back when he's not looking, which carries a mandatory sentence of everyone point and look at the grown man on £150k a week behaving like an unruly school boy

If he could cope with pacey skillfull forwards I might be more inclined to take him, but he can't ao leave him at home to prepare his defence

Innocent until proven guilty of racism, I don't think he's contesting the charge of kneeing a diminutive Chilean in the back when he's not looking, which carries a mandatory sentence of everyone point and look at the grown man on £150k a week behaving like an unruly school boy

If he could cope with pacey skillfull forwards I might be more inclined to take him, but he can't ao leave him at home to prepare his defence

We don't have any centre backs, with perhaps the exception of Cahill that can cope with pacey skillful forwards. Lescott is a blundering ox and got found out yesterday, when it mattered most. Ferdinand isn't what he was, injury prone and can't perform without a dominating ball winner along side him.

We don't have any centre backs, with perhaps the exception of Cahill that can cope with pacey skillful forwards. Lescott is a blundering ox and got found out yesterday, when it mattered most. Ferdinand isn't what he was, injury prone and can't perform without a dominating ball winner along side him.

`found out`? he mis-judged one header.. hardley being found out is it

and if parker is injured, we will be screwed

`found out`? he mis-judged one header.. hardley being found out is it

and if parker is injured, we will be screwed

It was a shocking lack of concentration on the big stage. He will be under more pressure than that for England. Kompany has dragged him through this season. How average did he look when Kompany was out?? Not to mention when Jay Bothroyd, yes Jay Bothroyd skinned him late in the game.

Parker is a real concern, we desperately need him.

It was a shocking lack of concentration on the big stage. He will be under more pressure than that for England. Kompany has dragged him through this season. How average did he look when Kompany was out?? Not to mention when Jay Bothroyd, yes Jay Bothroyd skinned him late in the game.

There was a stat floating about yesterday regarding Man City's win % has been greater when Lescott has played without Kompany than vice versa. Obviously statistics can be manipulated to show anything, but I don't think he's be 'carried' by Kompany at all. I'd probably play Cahill and Ferdinand, though I appreciate he isn't the player he was but he's been in decent form and injury free over the last 3rd of the season

There was a stat floating about yesterday regarding Man City's win % has been greater when Lescott has played without Kompany than vice versa. Obviously statistics can be manipulated to show anything, but I don't think he's be 'carried' by Kompany at all. I'd probably play Cahill and Ferdinand, though I appreciate he isn't the player he was but he's been in decent form and injury free over the last 3rd of the season

Yeah they can be manipulated but never the less that's quite interesting. Either way I don't rate Lescott at all. Roy has some big decisions to make thats for sure!

why? he's shocking in possession of the ball... no point winning it if he's just gonna give it straight back.

why? he's shocking in possession of the ball... no point winning it if he's just gonna give it straight back.

His positional play, work rate and defensive cover should allow the likes of Gerrard, Lampard to do what they do best. Yes he is poor when the ball is at his feet, but he should be instructed to do his job, win the ball back and give it simple to people that can look after it. If he does that then he is a real asset.

England Strikers - Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Jermaine Defoe, Bobby Zamora & Andy Carroll.

Joe Cole is the surprise selection... He's had a great season in France tbf to him

Joe Cole is the only player in our squad to have succeeded playing in another country, I imagine the experience will have done him the world of good. Such a talented player when on form.

England Strikers - Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Jermaine Defoe, Bobby Zamora & Andy Carroll.

Joe Cole is the surprise selection... He's had a great season in France tbf to him

Zamora? ******* hell, that gives hope to anyone playing Sunday morning football, then....

I'm a massive fan of Rio and would even go as far as to say he was the best centre half in the world a few years ago. He is also one of the few England players that has performed in the major tournaments and was excellent in the in the 02 and 06 World Cups. Having said all that the decision to not take him was obvious. What with his unfortunate injury issues that mean he would struggle to play a game every four days that would be required in The Euros and the fact Terry and Cahill look to have formed an extremely promising partnership for Chelsea there wasn't really even a decision to be made.

I'm disappointed that it looks as if Richards will be staying home, especially as injury has forced Walker's absence. I thought one of the major bright points of Hodgson's appointment would be that I didn't have to watch Glen Johnson play for England anymore, but it would appear I was mistaken!

Archived