IGNORED

England Squad For The Euros?

Taylor10

Personally, I'd like to see Gary Hooper from Celtic instead of Defoe.

No disrespect but considering the standard of the SPL compared to the Premier League I find that staggering. Defoe has 11 Prem goals from 11 starts, his third highest league tally ever.

Will be very disapointed if Sturridge isnt included. Rooney aside- we dont have any other strikers capable of creating something with a bit of flair or individual brilliance.

I mean seriously...Bobby Zamora?!?!?!?!

Will be very disapointed if Sturridge isnt included. Rooney aside- we dont have any other strikers capable of creating something with a bit of flair or individual brilliance.

I mean seriously...Bobby Zamora?!?!?!?!

This. I was very keen on the appointment of Hodgson but if he's picked a forward line featuring Bobby Zamora and left out Micah Richards and Sturridge, he'll have lost a big chunk of good will from me

Shows how much an effect the lack of good youth coming through and the dominance of foriengn forwards are in the premier league, but surely we can do better than Zamora!.

For me although not exactly a spring chicken I'd rather see Grant Holt given a shot.

If fergie is saying rio can't play 2 games in 4 days then isn't it a waste of space taking him. Already have Rooney sitting first 2 out, so I think it would be just daft having him missing games as well. Which would be 2 of first 4 of we qualify.

Spot on. I don't see him picking Terry and Rio so I think he will go for the fitter of the 2.

Leaked squad being reported by Mirror journo:-

Hart

Carson

Ruddy

Johnson

Jones

Baines

Cole

Terry

Cahill

Lescott

Walcott

Downing

Young

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Gerrard

Barry

Lampard

Parker

Milner

Rooney

Welbeck

Defoe

Carroll

England squad:

Goalkeepers: J Hart, R Green, J Ruddy.

Defenders: L Baines, G Cahill, A Cole, G Johnson, P Jones, J Lescott, J Terry

Midfield: G Barry, S Downing, S Gerrard, F Lampard, J Milner, A Oxlade-Chamberlain, S Parker, T Walcott, A Young.

Forwards: W Rooney (suspended for first two games), A Carroll, J Defoe, D Welbeck.

Standby Players: Jack Butland, Phil Jagielka, Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson and Daniel Sturridge

England squad:

Goalkeepers: J Hart, R Green, J Ruddy.

Defenders: L Baines, G Cahill, A Cole, G Johnson, P Jones, J Lescott, J Terry

Midfield: G Barry, S Downing, S Gerrard, F Lampard, J Milner, A Oxlade-Chamberlain, S Parker, T Walcott, A Young.

Forwards: W Rooney (suspended for first two games), A Carroll, J Defoe, D Welbeck.

No Sturridge...

Not too have Richards or Walker (if not injured) is a bit dissapointing

How Downing can be selected in this squad is beyond me. Why should he deserve to go after scoring NO goals, along with having ZERO assists all season? He's England's most overrated player ever, but since he's one of the few Englishmen with a so-called left foot, he gets called upon every time.

Hodgson has clearly taken gambles with Oxlade-Chamberlain and Ruddy (which I've no complaints with), why not select Adam Johnson ahead of Downing? No one expects us to do anything this year, so why not take a few more gambles on uncapped players?

Rant over now, as otherwise, I'm more than happy with that squad.

Downing... why? Just because he's left footed? Had a laughable season with zero goals and zero assists!

And why no mention of Holt? Not even on the back-up list. Season's 2nd highest Englishman this season.

Why do we never seem to pick players on current form... not historical (or simply assumed) stats?

were ****** then. none of those strikers are Strong enough to play the first 2 games without Rooney. Sturridge defiantly should of gone, along with Adam Johnson in place of downing. also would of taken Richards instead of Jones

I agree with this.

Im really fuming at there ommisions, and the selection of Carrol and Downing.

God the team largely looks shite.

Am also gutted the likes of Walker, Wilshere, Smalling, Rodwell are all injured.

Could of been a young exciting squad going.

Downing... why? Just because he's left footed? Had a laughable season with zero goals and zero assists!

And why no mention of Holt? Not even on the back-up list. Season's 2nd highest Englishman this season.

Why do we never seem to pick players on current form... not historical (or simply assumed) stats?

That's why Carroll has been picked, because of his current form.

WTF is Downing in the squad for Adam Johnson is 10x the player that sap is.

Woolford must have run Downing close for the left side midfield role!

I don't understand Phil Jones on current form. Downing, Milner and Defoe are going to contribute nothing and are incredibly uninspiring picks.

Henderson is better than Carrick is he?...

The other thing that really sticks out is the lack of defenders. 3 proper centre halves + Jones when they always get injured at tournaments is crazy. I'd have given Milner's place to Jagielka or Micah Richards.

DownIng aside I thinks it's the right squad. We're hardly blessed with great talent. I could see an argument for crouch or holt and if it had been me I would have taken crouch instead of Downing.

Archived