IGNORED

England Squad For The Euros?

Taylor10

Im bewildered by some of the selections!

Downing, I think he's been one of Englands worst players this season, offers nothing to that team, except a left foot! Which to be honest, id rather go with out if it meant he was included.

No Crouch, Would of prefered him instead of Carroll. Okay he had a good last month, but the season started last August.

Im happy with Defoe, the only natural goalscorer we have. Tottenhams top scorer and he rarely started. He is class.

Milner, I just don't get. Really hasn't proved anything this season, only offers energy.

Rant over.

Cant believe Woy has picked GlenJohnson over Richards, Downing over Adam Johnson and Carroll over Crouch???

Two braw backs about selecting Crouch. 1) Other international teams know all about him. 2) international referee's have been alerted to Crouch's style of play and he gets too many free-kicks awarded against him. Graham Poll said a while back that whilst on a FIFA course that Crouch was one player that the referee's were told to look out for.

Two advantages about selecting Carroll. 1) He's relatively unknown to international defenders. 2) He's coming into form at the right time, is better than Crouch on the deck and physically far more robust.

Carroll for me every time.

Roy has said he has given the people that got us to the finals the chance to play. Can't say fairer than that, whether we like what has been picked or not, obviously some left out through injury, so some of the squad additions will be more to his taste than others.

Can't really argue with that summerisation, especially as he was not involved with any of the campaign.

Roy has said he has given the people that got us to the finals the chance to play. Can't say fairer than that, whether we like what has been picked or not, obviously some left out through injury, so some of the squad additions will be more to his taste than others.

Can't really argue with that summerisation, especially as he was not involved with any of the campaign.

That's the excuses starting already. It's not my team! Can't believe anyone's fallen for it.

That's the excuses starting already. It's not my team! Can't believe anyone's fallen for it.

No, it's keeping true to the players that got you there. they are not his players, they are no oners players, they don't belong to England.

he is not stupid enough to use that as an excuse at the end of a tournament. That said I think he will have the best excuse of any manager taking over a England side.

I would not expect to see a Hodgson side until the next qualifiers, he hasn;'t had any time or even a game to prepare before picking the side. In this instant, he has pretty much done the right thing as far as I am am concerned.

My Gran has the same number of league assists and goals as Downing this season, it must of been a real tough call for Roy.

Adam Johnson just edged your Gran out for the standby spot!

Overall reasonably happy, I think Carroll gives us a good plan B (better than crouch and is in form despite an overall poor season), don't like Barry and would have preferred maybe a Carrick type player in there, also would prefer Richards to G Johnson and A Johnson instead of Downing, but the bottom line is the players aren't good enough to win the tournament so I don't think changing A for B etc would affect the overall result (barring a minor miracle)...

No matter what squad Roy picked people would moan.

I think the main reason Downing has been chosen is due to him being our best left sided left footed winger, Adam Johnson is left footed but his best position is on the right.

He's picked downing because he has a left foot! Which in that case, can I get a call up?

No matter what squad Roy picked people would moan.

I think the main reason Downing has been chosen is due to him being our best left sided left footed winger, Adam Johnson is left footed but his best position is on the right.

Plus at least Downing starts regularly. Carrol over Crouch everyday. If both players became available, you would sign Carrol over Crouch. Johnson over Micah Richards is the only debatable choice.

Goalkeepers - Joe Hart, Robert Green, John Ruddy.

Defenders - Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Joleon Lescott, John Terry.

Midfielders - Gareth Barry, Stewart Downing, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young.

Strikers - Andy Carroll, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck.

Standby - Jack Butland, Phil Jagielka, Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson, Daniel Sturridge.

I like it...God, just maybe this is the team that brings us glory? :pinch:

Plus at least Downing starts regularly. Carrol over Crouch everyday. If both players became available, you would sign Carrol over Crouch. Johnson over Micah Richards is the only debatable choice.

I'm a Carroll basher, I'll admit it, but only when he's at Liverpool, as an England striker i love him! and tbh, i think hes one of our best strikers....hahaha can't belive i said that and its true, wow says a lot about out strikers, but you watch, talk about a man with a point to prove, and you cant knock hiw work rate, if we play him well he will batter the **** out of center halfs and leave space for roony and Gerrard......mmmm

I'm a Carroll basher, I'll admit it, but only when he's at Liverpool, as an England striker i love him! and tbh, i think hes one of our best strikers....hahaha can't belive i said that and its true, wow says a lot about out strikers, but you watch, talk about a man with a point to prove, and you cant knock hiw work rate, if we play him well he will batter the **** out of center halfs and leave space for roony and Gerrard......mmmm

IF Rooney gets a game!

Woeful. Absolute moron.

Why not 5 strikers? Lummydaze, Rooney out for the first two and he gambles with 3 dodgy in and out of form attackers. How can he not take Crouch?? What an absolute joker.

Downing would struggle to make an impact in the Conference presently. Oxide-Camberlain, what's he doing there?

Johnson is terrible at defending. Yet he leaves Richards at home. Ferdinand, if nothing else, would be an ideal back up for Terry in the experience/steady head department.

Back to the old England ... boring, regimented robots there 'to do a job', stifle the opposition and hope for a freak goal. At least under Pearce the players looked like they played with no fear and freedom to express themselves.

Start making your excuses Woy. You'll be gone in a year, hopefully taking Brooking and the other blazers with you.

Woeful. Absolute moron.

Why not 5 strikers? Lummydaze, Rooney out for the first two and he gambles with 3 dodgy in and out of form attackers. How can he not take Crouch?? What an absolute joker.

Downing would struggle to make an impact in the Conference presently. Oxide-Camberlain, what's he doing there?

Johnson is terrible at defending. Yet he leaves Richards at home. Ferdinand, if nothing else, would be an ideal back up for Terry in the experience/steady head department.

Back to the old England ... boring, regimented robots there 'to do a job', stifle the opposition and hope for a freak goal. At least under Pearce the players looked like they played with no fear and freedom to express themselves.

Start making your excuses Woy. You'll be gone in a year, hopefully taking Brooking and the other blazers with you.

Berk.

Woeful. Absolute moron.

Take it you wanted Harry

Woeful. Absolute moron.

You are comical.

Woeful. Absolute moron.

Do you write for the sun?

Woeful. Absolute moron.

Maybe because that was a friendly against one of the worlds best teams.

Archived