IGNORED

Bristol City V St Johnstone Match Day Thread

class_not_gas

They have had more game time, this is our first. Probably a defeat today.

Very true.

Do I dare to suggest that if we get turned over a couple times on this tour, it's not the end if the world? These teams play their first competitive game this week (St. Johnstone have already played 2) so realistically, they are going to be far fitter and sharper than us.

If you do find yourself getting a little down and upset, take a good look through the pre-season results so far......

COYR's

It will be a good test against st Johnstone. Del made them into a force now in the spl since they came up from the 1st. Steve lomas took over well and added some decent signings this summer. I think st Johnstone could finish second this season because a lot of teams have had to cut their squad in the SPL while st Johnstone have added strength. Their strikers will be a handful. Big Gregory tade is a big lump and good player. And jimmy floyd hasslebaink nephew is playing for them too. He's rapid so will give us a good run around. Think this will be a really good test for us for fitness. Gutted I can't be there. C'mon you reds. Hope all the boys enjoy their trip.

Get in . Football is back Coyr

Not real football. These pre-season games are essentially for fitness and tactical experiments. Its nice to get a result but not that important. Even the team selection dose not mean much at this stage.

Greetings my cider guzzling friends. Just popped in to say hello. Hope it's a half decent game and hope to meet a few of your lads at the Saints club this afternoon. I don't expect many ( if any) of the starting 11 from Thursday nights Euro game to be involved today. If last Saturdays friendly against Cowdenbeath is anything to go by it'll be a mixture of those on the bench on Thursday , some youths and 3 or 4 trialists. But not to worry, it's a fitba match and that's all I am caring about. I hope those who have travelled up enjoy themselves and we will try as much as possible to be excellent hosts.

Cheers.

Ghostie.

Greetings my cider guzzling friends. Just popped in to say hello. Hope it's a half decent game and hope to meet a few of your lads at the Saints club this afternoon. I don't expect many ( if any) of the starting 11 from Thursday nights Euro game to be involved today. If last Saturdays friendly against Cowdenbeath is anything to go by it'll be a mixture of those on the bench on Thursday , some youths and 3 or 4 trialists. But not to worry, it's a fitba match and that's all I am caring about. I hope those who have travelled up enjoy themselves and we will try as much as possible to be excellent hosts.

Cheers.

Ghostie.

Think you may well be suprised at how many have travelled and are staying in Edinburgh.

At a guess 150 or so?

Saints are WEAKENED from last season ! We lost about 13 players and have brought in 4 ! Our budget is at least halfed . we will not finish anywhere near 2nd . We played on thursday night , we will rest players , all points to a city win .

Sorry my info was useless. I thought you had a stronger team.

Are there gonna be any trialists on show? Someone mentioned something about an Ivory Coast player?

I've heard no more information about the ivory coast player, hes definately trained with the squad since we got back from Marbella. I haven't heard if hes travelled to Scotland or not.

I've heard no more information about the ivory coast player, hes definately trained with the squad since we got back from Marbella. I haven't heard if hes travelled to Scotland or not.

Name?

I hope we get a fair reminder that we need to strengthen central defence.

We can not start next season with the same players that let in three goals per game.

Do not worry, Del will sign a CB before the first game of the season.

I havent been given a name or anything, i have no idea whether hes still with us or not, I was kind of hoping it was Max Gradel! but more that likely it will be a defender? Perhaps it's the one that was mentioned, the 1 who left Wigan.

I havent been given a name or anything, i have no idea whether hes still with us or not, I was kind of hoping it was Max Gradel! but more that likely it will be a defender? Perhaps it's the one that was mentioned, the 1 who left Wigan.

Steve Gohouri isn't a bad player and wouldn't mind him at the back. Absolute beast of a man.

It depends if he is an out and out goalscorer or if he's there to support an out and out scorer

(Pitman). 1goal in 4 games isn't bad if it's the latter.

Ofcourse but Del is looking for a goalscorer to partner Stead as Stead will be making more of the assists out of our 2 forwards imo.

That is not a bad shout, although he signed a 4 year contract with St Etienne last season they were relegated and i'm sure he must have an escape clause, but I understand Leeds are hoping to re-sign him.

That is not a bad shout, although he signed a 4 year contract with St Etienne last season they were relegated and i'm sure he must have an escape clause, but I understand Leeds are hoping to re-sign him.

Max Gradel was rumoured to have cost St Ettiene around 4-6M so we would never sign him. Neither will Leeds unless it's on loan.

Archived