IGNORED

Bristol City V St Johnstone Match Day Thread

class_not_gas

• Admin

Hang on, let me get those tissues for you.

Stop crying.

Edit: I have no idea where you get the 20 posts on every topic, There is a new topic on this forum every day I'd expect and I make about 2 to 5 posts a week apart from Saturdays due to working 50+ hours a week.

This forum is crying out for a BS filter.

Well that was interesting. Given Saints only fielded ONE first 11 player from our euro game, I fully expected Saints, from the alledgedly shite backwater and pile of rubbish that is Scottish football, would get humped by Bristol City from the all conquering championship, home of many high quality brazilianesque players.:facepalm: So what did I think?I thought the Robins were rotten and was very dissapointed by them. They do of course, have the valid excuse of this being their first friendly on the new season. Well it showed, big style.

If the championship is indeed the motherlode of quality that has been so often claimed, then this team will struggle all season.I wouldn't worry though all you Robins, as personally, I have never bought into the pish about our football being as bad as some of our neighbours would like us to believe. The gulf that is regularly talked about is simply not there. And this is even though the championship is a financial goldmine.So we can put that one to bed now ehicon_wink.gif

Thought the Saints players out there all did a decent job and fully deserved the victory and I actually enjoyed the game which is unusual for me and friendlies.

Was also great to meet up with all the City fans who came into the Barossa Street club. Smashing bunch of lads (Especially Rod Stewart look alike and a guy called Squeak who I could not understand. (not a word)laugh:icon_laugh.gif

Well that was interesting. Given Saints only fielded ONE first 11 player from our euro game, I fully expected Saints, from the alledgedly shite backwater and pile of rubbish that is Scottish football, would get humped by Bristol City from the all conquering championship, home of many high quality brazilianesque players. :facepalm: So what did I think?I thought the Robins were rotten and was very dissapointed by them. They do of course, have the valid excuse of this being their first friendly on the new season. Well it showed, big style.

If the championship is indeed the motherlode of quality that has been so often claimed, then this team will struggle all season.I wouldn't worry though all you Robins, as personally, I have never bought into the pish about our football being as bad as some of our neighbours would like us to believe. The gulf that is regularly talked about is simply not there. And this is even though the championship is a financial goldmine.So we can put that one to bed now ehicon_wink.gif

Thought the Saints players out there all did a decent job and fully deserved the victory and I actually enjoyed the game which is unusual for me and friendlies.

Was also great to meet up with all the City fans who came into the Barossa Street club. Smashing bunch of lads (Especially Rod Stewart look alike and a guy called Squeak who I could not understand. (not a word)laugh:icon_laugh.gif

Here come the excuses:

1) First Pre-season game

2) 4 or 5 of those players won't start for our first competitive game of the season

3) We are always rotten in pre-season

I never expected us to win but aslong as this has benefited the players with their fitness then it's all a worthy cause.

Here come the excuses:

1) First Pre-season game

2) 4 or 5 of those players won't start for our first competitive game of the season

3) We are always rotten in pre-season

I never expected us to win but aslong as this has benefited the players with their fitness then it's all a worthy cause.

I think you will realise my wee post was aimed at the OTIB posters , who around the time of Dels appointment , ripped the shit out of Scottish football and were keen to stress that it was equivilent in standard to league two.:whistle:

Seriously, when will people get it into their THICK sculls? Pre-season, especially when the team you are playing is miles ahead in their schedule, matters not a jot!!!! Torquay played us off the park last year. It's nothing to write home about!!!

Anyone remember Newcastle (who went on to win promotion by the way) getting tonked 6-1 at Leyton Orient??

Let them have there moment of glory and slate the Championship because it's clearly crap!! Everton drew with Morherwell the other night, does that mean the English prem isn't worth all the hype aswell?

I think you will realise my wee post was aimed at the OTIB posters , who around the time of Dels appointment , ripped the shit out of Scottish football and were keen to stress that it was equivilent in standard to league two. :whistle:

To be fair, we usually get beat by League Two teams in pre season anyway... ;)

Seriously, when will people get it into their THICK sculls? Pre-season, especially when the team you are playing is miles ahead in their schedule, matters not a jot!!!! Torquay played us off the park last year. It's nothing to write home about!!!

Anyone remember Newcastle (who went on to win promotion by the way) getting tonked 6-1 at Leyton Orient??

Let them have there moment of glory and slate the Championship because it's clearly crap!! Everton drew with Morherwell the other night, does that mean the English prem isn't worth all the hype aswell?

Oh you bite far to easily:fish: I never said the Championship was crap,( although you seem to have said that??) :thumbsup:

Scottish football is shit. When did you last have any success at international level? 1990? Not to mention the English. Considering the size of the population and the money in football it's nothing but a disaster.

Well if you wanna go by population, ours is only 5 million odd , so we do alright. Not really wanting to comment on English national fitba team as I am welcome on this board and don't want to spoil that.;)

Anyway, this is off topic..

Well if you wanna go by population, ours is only 5 million odd , so we do alright. Not really wanting to comment on English national fitba team as I am welcome on this board and don't want to spoil that.;)

Anyway, this is off topic..

Seems you are going to have a good catch to take home to the Mrs tonight Jim :)

Oh you bite far to easily:fish: I never said the Championship was crap,( although you seem to have said that??) :thumbsup:

What do you expect with the amount of shite spouted on here?

No need to be a wise ass either, you and I both know what you implied :-)

Well done today on a fabulous win over the mighty Bristol City!!! Go and celebrate the night away!!

Hi Jim,

was great to meet you and a few other of your fans in the MS, Will try to get to some other of your league matches if work/time allows. Enjoyed the match but could tell we were v rusty :laugh:, especially for your 1st goal.

I have no idea where you get the 20 posts on every topic, There is a new topic on this forum every day I'd expect and I make about 2 to 5 posts a week apart from Saturdays due to working 50+ hours a week.

Member since September 2011.

5218 posts.

That's more than a hundred posts a week?

Seems you are going to have a good catch to take home to the Mrs tonight Jim :)

Yes I chose to bite, I have to put up shit like this on a daily basis from Scottish fans - I tend to bite then too :-)

Archived