IGNORED

Hillsborough

Lew-T

How they can blame it on fans was stupid, and how they still haven't admitted the truth is even worse.

Also what annoys me. Is how they use it for a reason to not to allow standing. Terracing didn't kill people, the police cock up did.

Put fans in a pen with seating and overfill it, the same would happen.

It's a very good tv show, on what is a terrible subject.

How they can blame it on fans was stupid, and how they still haven't admitted the truth is even worse.

Also what annoys me. Is how they use it for a reason to not to allow standing. Terracing didn't kill people, the police cock up did.

Put fans in a pen with seating and overfill it, the same would happen.

It's a very good tv show, on what is a terrible subject.

Infact it would probably be more dangerous. Less chance of tripping up in a terracing than a stand full of seats.

Is it tomorrow when all the documents relating to Hillsborough get released?

If so, it's going to be an interesting few days to come.

I have total respect for the families of the deceased who have never given up there fight for justice.

Just a reminder to all football fans,don't buy the sun.

Perhaps they will actually print " The Truth" in the next few days,rather than the lies they printed in 1989.

Is it tomorrow when all the documents relating to Hillsborough get released?

If so, it's going to be an interesting few days to come.

I have total respect for the families of the deceased who have never given up there fight for justice.

Just a reminder to all football fans,don't buy the sun.

Perhaps they will actually print " The Truth" in the next few days,rather than the lies they printed in 1989.

I think it's released Wednesday

It is so scary to see that the leppings lane entrance has hardly changed since that dreadful day. Having seen city at Hillsborough a few times I have never felt comfortable watching a game from this end of the ground.

Nothing but admiration for the dignified way the families have conducted themselves in the face of total injustice.

Shed loads of Liverpool supporters turning up late without tickets jibbing the turnstiles didn't help matters.

Lord taylor stated that there was not an adbormal amount of ticketless fans.

Fans would not of jumped the the turnstiles, they would of just walked/been pushed through, the open gate, which was opened by police and then down the tunnel due to lack of signage, lack of direction.

Get the impression your very uneducated on this.

You actually know this then? You were there and witnessed this did you?

Because your contradicting the evidence given all those years ago.

Or perhaps you read all your thoughts in the sun.

I can believe it though.. Given on what I was told by people who went to Istanbul. The same thing happened there.

I can believe it though.. Given on what I was told by people who went to Istanbul. The same thing happened there.

Which is substantial evidence that the same happened several years previous? Jeez.

This topic absolutely never goes well when brought up on here, there are always a few who spout utter drivel and cause a lot of heated exchanges.

Wednesday will reveal plenty. Hopefully enough to give some kind of justice for the 96.

I wish people would just leave hilsborouhh and move on Ffs

The bradford fire the Helsinki disaster are both just as bad but doesn't get the media headlines it deserves because 1 didn't involve liverpooland the other was caused by Liverpool

The police terracing and fans didn't cause it the fencing round the ground did, if that want there the fans could of over flowed on to the pitch

I wish people would just leave hilsborouhh and move on Ffs

The bradford fire the Helsinki disaster are both just as bad but doesn't get the media headlines it deserves because 1 didn't involve liverpooland the other was caused by Liverpool

The police terracing and fans didn't cause it the fencing round the ground did, if that want there the fans could of over flowed on to the pitch

It won't get left until the families who lost loved ones get the answers they deserve.

It won't get left until the families who lost loved ones get the answers they deserve.

and quite right but it doesn't need to be rammed down everyones throats every 5 minutes,

The families of 9/11 deserve just as many answers so do the london bombing so does the people of the london riots and why the polincing failed,

It doesn't need to be in the media as much as it is but because its the self pitying liverpool fans its gets dragged up every month at least 3 times,

Once the papers are made public I state my life savings on Liverpool fans ether kicking up a big fuss because there are things that they don't want to hear or they won't be happy with whats reliesed,

We all lose somebody and sometimes in tragic circumstances I lost my best friend because 3 doctors missed his cancer but you can't move on if people don't let you,

You actually know this then? You were there and witnessed this did you?

Because your contradicting the evidence given all those years ago.

Or perhaps you read all your thoughts in the sun.

I was

Yes Liverpool fans were pushing and shoving to get in, looknig back, errors on both sides. After all it wasn't the police that were pushing the fans in, fans need to take some culpribility, they won't though, it is easier to blame the entire thing on the police. They made mistakes, fans made mistakes.

The Sun was wrong to write what they did, but there were elements of truth in it.

Anyway it jhas long paswsed, but the Liverpudlian mourning mentality keeps it running and running. The only people that should be interested in it are theose directly affected, nobody else.

I thought we were overdue our bi-yearly Hillsborough argument...

As far as I'm aware, of those currently engaged on this thread, only TRL was actually there so he's the person I choose to believe. I remember it well from school as the dads of a couple of people at school were there, though thankfully all came home safe. Clearly the police made mistakes both on the day and in trying to cover up what happened but to those who feel the Liverpool fans were blameless I ask 1 question: do you really think that SYPD forced a load of orderly, ticketed, sober Liverpool fans through an open gate against their will? I doubt it. Did the police make a series of bad calls for which they should have been punished in relation to the crowd conditions outside Leppings Lane End? More likely.

I was

Yes Liverpool fans were pushing and shoving to get in, looking back, errors on both. After all it wasn't the police that were pushing the fans in, fans need to take some culpribility, they won't though, it is easier to blame the entire thing on the police. They made mistakes, fans made mistakes.

The Sun was wrong to write what they did, but there were elements of truth in it.

Anyway it jhas long paswsed, but the Liverpudlian mourning mentality keeps it running and running. The only people that should be interested in it are theose directly affected, nobody else.

Get ready to duck.

The problem with Hillsborough is that i has taken on a life of it own and people are not allowed to think or say anything that contradicts the families view for fear of being insensitive.

Now, we all know the police made some big mistakes (hopefully they will all come out on Wednesday) BUT if Liverpool fans had not tried forcing there way in late and without tickets it would not of happened either.

Its hard because so many people died and they tended to be the fans that had tickets and were in the ground in good time.

The design of the ground can also be held to blame due to the way if funnelled fans into a tight bottleneck.

Ultimately i just want this to come to an end, for the families to finally get their peace but also as another poster has said because this does seem to get more attention than other equally messed up situations I.E. London bombings.

I was

Yes Liverpool fans were pushing and shoving to get in, looknig back, errors on both sides. After all it wasn't the police that were pushing the fans in, fans need to take some culpribility, they won't though, it is easier to blame the entire thing on the police. They made mistakes, fans made mistakes.

That sums it up perfectly, and as I said in hindsite it the cageing wasn't there then the fans would of overflowed onto the pitch and the loss of life would be a hell of a lot less then it was,

Fans have to share some of the blame and the police also have to share the blame it should never of happened it did its sad and the families effected deserve closeure I'm all fore that, I'm just sick of it being rammed down our throats all the time and liverpool fans sending death threats to anyone who dare question their share of the balme or happens to think thecy could play a game on the same day as the disaster,

As I posted earlier Helsinki and Bradford were both as bad Bradford fans have as much right to be in the spotlight for what happened at their ground but they have moved on and have a deay of reflection on the date it happened but liverpool fans refuse to move on and whole of the country must mourn with them or you get death threats and hate mail,

Which is substantial evidence that the same happened several years previous? Jeez.

This topic absolutely never goes well when brought up on here, there are always a few who spout utter drivel and cause a lot of heated exchanges.

Wednesday will reveal plenty. Hopefully enough to give some kind of justice for the 96.

The same thing happened in Athens two years later.. Ticketless fans turning up rushing the turnstiles.. The scallys were notourious for it in big matches. I wasn't at the game no, id have no reason to be but this it what I was told by people that were there (Hillsbourgh & Istanbul, Athens) and even they hold there hands up sharing SOME not all of the blame with the fans.

That sums it up perfectly, and as I said in hindsite it the cageing wasn't there then the fans would of overflowed onto the pitch and the loss of life would be a hell of a lot less then it was,

Fans have to share some of the blame and the police also have to share the blame it should never of happened it did its sad and the families effected deserve closeure I'm all fore that, I'm just sick of it being rammed down our throats all the time and liverpool fans sending death threats to anyone who dare question their share of the balme or happens to think thecy could play a game on the same day as the disaster,

As I posted earlier Helsinki and Bradford were both as bad Bradford fans have as much right to be in the spotlight for what happened at their ground but they have moved on and have a deay of reflection on the date it happened but liverpool fans refuse to move on and whole of the country must mourn with them or you get death threats and hate mail,

What happened in Helsinki?

Oh dear, as you seem you do not know the difference between Finland and Belguim you'll excuse me if I completely ignore your ramblings about Sheffield, that's in Yorkshire by the way

I was working from memory and got helsinki concfused with Helysel very similar sounding names you point it out I corrected it there is no need to be a **** about it,

Oh dear, as you seem you do not know the difference between Finland and Belguim you'll excuse me if I completely ignore your ramblings about Sheffield, that's in Yorkshire by the way

OTIB overly pedantic post of the day goes to...

Back on topic, I just hope in the coming days and weeks a lot of closure can be made, and the finger pointing can stop. I severly doubt it though.

Archived