IGNORED

Warsaw Tuesday.

Taunton_City

people do tell me that whenever they go to Poland they do think its a fine country to visit, but football wise right now it's not good. the person in charge has actually just been forced out of the FA 2 weeks ago and elections are taking place in November to select a new president of Polish FA, so maybe it will change a little bit for the better (especially the corruption which in Polish football is absolutely disgraceful)

as to the Euros I think it was more to do with other organisations than our FA that it was so successful, but that might just be me being too negative about our FA

Duwing da woa, Polish pilots saved our arses, the free polish were instrumental in giving the RAF much needed manpower, most still live on this free island, let's keep it free ! ! ! ( Free as in being able to spout on this forum )

It is a case of pick a decade.

The English FA have always been piss poor whether its building a stadium on time and on budget or getting tickets into hands of fans at Italia 90.

Now that's a pisser, remember it well, good point....like building the national stadium bottom right of the country...always a crap decision in my opinion

Do we have a definitive statement as to why they didn't?

From BBC website:

"Spokesperson for National Sports Centre, who operate the stadium: "There is a functioning drainage system but with this amount of rain falling continuously no system could get rid of this amount of water.""Roof closure takes 15 mins "but cannot happen in temperatures under zero centigrade, very strong winds or when rainfall is deposited on it.""Staff apparently now on "red alert" to get the pitch ready for tomorrow. General air of embarrassment and bemusement."

So they can't close the roof when it's raining?

No doubt the half-time coffee comes in chocolate cups...

From BBC website:

"Spokesperson for National Sports Centre, who operate the stadium: "There is a functioning drainage system but with this amount of rain falling continuously no system could get rid of this amount of water.""Roof closure takes 15 mins "but cannot happen in temperatures under zero centigrade, very strong winds or when rainfall is deposited on it.""Staff apparently now on "red alert" to get the pitch ready for tomorrow. General air of embarrassment and bemusement."

Sounds like badiff

From BBC website:

This reply is quite apt as it comes from Adrian Chiles girlfriend.

According to Polish media (I have only heard this and not seen it for my self however) "Both teams opted to keep the roof open" and the stadium management cannot close the roof without the players' and non-playing staff's consent.

If that is indeed what the media in Poland are saying, it says a lot.

Now that's a pisser, remember it well, good point....like building the national stadium bottom right of the country...always a crap decision in my opinion

Quite a few fans from oop North were surprised to find that the Milstad was more convenient than Wembley, while the latter was being rebuilt. Mind you, the Olympistad was in s0dding ESSEX!

According to Polish media (I have only heard this and not seen it for my self however) "Both teams opted to keep the roof open" and the stadium management cannot close the roof without the players' and non-playing staff's consent.

Total rowlocks!

in the build up to the game on Polish TV they said England wanted the roof to be closed but we didn't so they didn't close it before the game

in the build up to the game on Polish TV they said England wanted the roof to be closed but we didn't so they didn't close it before the game

Still sounds like rowlocks.

I think we should take revenge by scheduling the return game at the Memorial Swamp ...

Joking aside, i feel there is more to this than meets the eye, local weather forcasts, Englands wishes, etc, etc, dare i say a betting scandal will emerge from this diabolical situation.....in about twenty years time, a total F up all round

and by then we will have beaten England in the group to go to the World Cup and win it by getting no teams from the top 20 in FIFA rankings :yes:

Archived