IGNORED

Warsaw Tuesday.

Taunton_City

Really, what it's his fault that none of the midfield could pass water today?, that Cole looked as though he'd been on the lash all night and bighead Hart made another error.

Does seem bizarre to have not let Baines start , I thought just possibly Cole was being dropped from the marino game because of his conduct against the FA. Baines is on the form of his life and yet still can't replace the replaceable Cole.

agree with the midfield too way too light and too many passing mid fielders , they had one player to pass to bar Milner some of the time. Don't think defoe is more than a impact sub either. More down to our style of play rather than Defoe's fault.

Milner comes in for a lot of stick. I blame Hodgson who despite his constant poor performances still plays him on the wing when he cant beat a man and his natural position is centre mid! It's like when City try and play Skuse on the right mid, 100% effort but little else.

When he took Rooney off for Oxlade Chamberlain i couldn't believe it. One striker up front for the last 20 odd minutes against a team we should be attacking not defending against.

You know nothing. Our best spell followed Rooney coming off.

Rooney is living on borrowed time.

all the city who came to warsaw, doff the hat, especially those who stayed on today.

Three point:

i) england are crap at football

ii) have the best fans in the world

iii) a game got postponed. it's being treated as a national disaster by the Polish, and the English press think it's more headline-making than what happened in Serbia. Sorry, it happens. I remember once flying back for an FA cup game against Notts Co and the game got abandoned at half time. I went for a madras after and had a great time.

4-4-2, with four centre midfielders, involved playing Cleverley and Milner on the wings meaning no width or pace.

Bringing on Welbeck, who shouldn't even be involved in the English set up.

We were just utterly dominated and you need elaboration on how it was Hodgson's tactics that let us down?

A terrible manager and I've said so since the day of his appointment.

OptaJoe@OptaJoe

1 - England have now mustered just one shot on target in four of Roy Hodgson's 11 games in charge. Shy.

So you think the players played ok?

I think you'll find that most observers would suggest that the players performed pretty poorly.

So you think the players played ok?

I think you'll find that most observers would suggest that the players performed pretty poorly.

No, we were dominated as I've said. The tactics were the reasoning behind that though. Playing four centre midfielders in an outdated 4-4-2 formation was always going to lead to Poland dominating the game.

There are so, so many reasons why this is absolute garbage, it would be a waste of everyone's time to list any of them. Try google.

To be fair, he's not terrible just very, very average. Suitable for lower positioned premier league clubs only. Should never have been near the England job.

He's terrible when it comes to managing England.

Again, I wouldn't be the first in the queue to say he's doing a great job, but 11 games out of 11 unbeaten, 2 penalty kicks away from getting past Italy? You only have to look at our striking options to notice how mediocre the English national side is at present. The one thing he's not doing is a terrible job.

Again, I wouldn't be the first in the queue to say he's doing a great job, but 11 games out of 11 unbeaten, 2 penalty kicks away from getting past Italy? You only have to look at our striking options to notice how mediocre the English national side is at present. The one thing he's not doing is a terrible job.

I think he's very lucky to have the record he has, us being dominated in a lot of the games (e.g Italy, Ukraine x2, Poland, France and Sweden). I know a record is a record but I still don't rate Hodgson's tactics and can't see the national team progressing through the use of an outdated 4-4-2 formation.

The striking options are poor but contrary to popular belief, we do have a good amount of promising youngsters emerging at the moment and I don't feel the likes of Wilshere, Sterling, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shelvey Walker, Caulker etc will be able to develop enough under Roy's leadership. I'd love for him to prove me wrong though, I don't hate Roy just deem him to be not good enough.

I'm aware that my last paragraph is comparable to this though! http://news.bbc.co.u...all/2641675.stm

I think he's very lucky to have the record he has, us being dominated in a lot of the games (e.g Italy, Ukraine x2, Poland, France and Sweden). I know a record is a record but I still don't rate Hodgson's tactics and can't see the national team progressing through the use of an outdated 4-4-2 formation.

The striking options are poor but contrary to popular belief, we do have a good amount of promising youngsters emerging at the moment and I don't feel the likes of Wilshere, Sterling, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shelvey Walker, Caulker etc will be able to develop enough under Roy's leadership. I'd love for him to prove me wrong though, I don't hate Roy just deem him to be not good enough.

Roy overhauled the squad for the Italy friendly in August, giving a number of players debuts or debut call-ups - how exactly does that compare unfavourably to past regimes? Shelvey, Sterling, Lallana in the qualifiers... Your reasoning makes no sense.

Being lucky is always an oversimplification over the course of more than one game. We defended like heroes for the most part in Ukraine, John Terry was a tank throughout the tournament, had we defended so stoicly at the World Cup in 2010 perhaps we wouldn't have shipped 4 goals in a single game, rather than 3 in the entire tournament this time around. Our ball retention was poor, but it's been poor for a long time and Roy came out in a number of interviews saying it was something he wasn't happy about.

4-4-2 isn't as outdated as popular belief would have you think, and when we stuck with it for the qualifiers for the last World Cup we played some scintillating football and destroyed most of the teams in the group. Besides, in most of the qualifiers we've played 4-2-3-1, for some reason Rooney gets severe criticism for the way he drops deep, even though he's arguably at his most useful there.

Roy overhauled the squad for the Italy friendly in August, giving a number of players debuts or debut call-ups - how exactly does that compare unfavourably to past regimes? Shelvey, Sterling, Lallana in the qualifiers... Your reasoning makes no sense.

Being lucky is always an oversimplification over the course of more than one game. We defended like heroes for the most part in Ukraine, John Terry was a tank throughout the tournament, had we defended so stoicly at the World Cup in 2010 perhaps we wouldn't have shipped 4 goals in a single game, rather than 3 in the entire tournament this time around. Our ball retention was poor, but it's been poor for a long time and Roy came out in a number of interviews saying it was something he wasn't happy about.

4-4-2 isn't as outdated as popular belief would have you think, and when we stuck with it for the qualifiers for the last World Cup we played some scintillating football and destroyed most of the teams in the group. Besides, in most of the qualifiers we've played 4-2-3-1, for some reason Rooney gets severe criticism for the way he drops deep, even though he's arguably at his most useful there.

He has gave them a few opportunities but the fact remains that in the important line ups, we had a flat 4-4-2 with four central midfielders being used instead of pacy, exciting football on the wing that would have at least allowed us to counter attack... which would also suit Hodgson's style, instead of just sitting back defending and hoofing it forward for 90 minutes.

Should there really be a need for us to defend like heroes against Ukraine? Once again it's all linking back to the outdated 4-4-2 which allows the midfield to be dominated and that's also a large factor behind our lack of success in keeping the ball. It's all well and good Roy saying he isn't happy about it but actions speak louder than words.

This is probably tiresome for others on the forum to read, so it'll be the last post I make in here. You're entitled to your opinion like all, but for me personally, until changes occur, I won't be a fan of Hodgson managing England.

He has gave them a few opportunities but the fact remains that in the important line ups, we had a flat 4-4-2 with four central midfielders being used instead of pacy, exciting football on the wing that would have at least allowed us to counter attack... which would also suit Hodgson's style, instead of just sitting back defending and hoofing it forward for 90 minutes.

He hasn't given them "a few opportunities", in every game since the World Cup, uncapped players have made the squad, and Cleverley, Bertrand, Shelvey, Ruddy, Butland, Livermore and Kelly have made their debuts under his leadership. 7 players in 11 games.

Ashley Young and James Milner are not naturally central midfielders and never have been.

Should there really be a need for us to defend like heroes against Ukraine? Once again it's all linking back to the outdated 4-4-2 which allows the midfield to be dominated and that's also a large factor behind our lack of success in keeping the ball. It's all well and good Roy saying he isn't happy about it but actions speak louder than words.

Against a team buoyed by home support at a tournament in their own country? We didn't perform to standard but we won the game and kept a clean sheet, we've had similar difficulties beating teams like Trinidad & Tobago and Algeria in recent tournaments. Considering all of this comes from your claim that his reign has been "terrible" it's still a ridiculous claim. We took a poor team to the EUROs, most people were able to give the squad some form of praise for coming within a penalty shoot out of a semi-final place, especially after we were expected to be soundly beaten by the French in the opening game. Hodgson is taking his time to get England playing an expansive, confident style of football, but yesterday aside we look organised defensively which is something we haven't had for a fair while.

You'd do well to remember how little time the man has had in the job and that most good teams were built on a solid defence. If we bomb out of the group stages at Rio 2014 come back and say I told you so.

To be fair, he's not terrible just very, very average. Suitable for lower positioned premier league clubs only. Should never have been near the England job.

It doesn't matter who the manager is,we haven't got good enough players to do anything in International football.

It doesn't matter who the manager is,we haven't got good enough players to do anything in International football.

Some good, gifted technical players on the horizon. The worrying thing is the lack of emerging talent up front. Harry Kane is the first name that springs to mind, and that's far from inspiring.

Carrick is a very good player, I don't know where this has suddenly come from.

Did he play yesterday? I saw him walk out but then I assumed he'd nipped out the ground and gone for a drink for the rest of the match.

Milner seems to be everyone's England whipping boy, but he does at least get into dangerous positions. The fact that he does nothing when in them is the problem.

Did he play yesterday? I saw him walk out but then I assumed he'd nipped out the ground and gone for a drink for the rest of the match.

Milner seems to be everyone's England whipping boy, but he does at least get into dangerous positions. The fact that he does nothing when in them is the problem.

No he was out there to give the ball away time and time again.

Archived