IGNORED

Warsaw Tuesday.

Taunton_City

since I have no guarantee our good friend Sepp Blatter will still be the FIFA president by then I'd go for 50 quid just in case, a million pounds will do you for the rest of your life right? ;D

Nice one, but did you ever consider that i want to live forever ? make it £300, the intrerest will do the rest

Do you know why it's a 4pm kick off. ITV have the rights as we know and ITV have a live hour episode of Emmerdale on tomorrow evening 7-8pm.

That's the reason it's 4pm, you couldn't make it up.

So that's why they didn't close the roof! Now, with the 4pm Wednesday KO, the footy fans will stay with ITV to watch the live Emmerdale after the game.

It all makes sense to me now. It's a conspiracy between FIFA and the Polish FA to boost ITV's viewing figures.

Sorry, nurse, is it time for my medication already?

So that's why they didn't close the roof! Now, with the 4pm Wednesday KO, the footy fans will stay with ITV to watch the live Emmerdale after the game.

It all makes sense to me now. It's a conspiracy between FIFA and the Polish FA to boost ITV's viewing figures.

Sorry, nurse, is it time for my medication already?

Your slightly exaggerating!! What I'm saying is that it should be an 8 0 clock kick off ( why wouldn't it be, being a Wednesday?)

Or do you think it's normal for games to kick off at 4pm midweek?

Gutted, kick-off at 4pm UK time. Gonna miss the match due to work.

Absolute Joke.

Or rather a mild inconvenience. What is an absolute joke is the folks who've flown out there only to be screwed over by some incompetent oaf who couldn't press a button without 24 hours' notice.

Your slightly exaggerating!! What I'm saying is that it should be an 8 0 clock kick off ( why wouldn't it be, being a Wednesday?)

Or do you think it's normal for games to kick off at 4pm midweek?

Poland did not want it to be played wed as they have 5 players in club matches on friday; this was the best they could get; i.e. a few hours earlier than what, as you say, would have been a little more normal.

Do you know why it's a 4pm kick off. ITV have the rights as we know and ITV have a live hour episode of Emmerdale on tomorrow evening 7-8pm.

That's the reason it's 4pm, you couldn't make it up.

Surely the ideal for ITV would have been an 8.05 kick off? Big ratings for Emmerdale, straight into the Footy. ITV are massively losing out on advertising revenue from this I imagine

I'm not much one for conspiracy theories, but given that the roof of that stadium was shut throughout the whole of the Euros, it seems slightly odd that it didn't seem to occur to them to shut it ahead of last night. Were they hoping the crappy weather would unsettle England? Or that a greasy surface would suit Poland's passing game? As for them not wanting to play today- nothing to do with Blaszykosky(sp?!) being suspended now and being able to serve said suspension for a meaningless friendly then?!

So you don't think the tv paymasters had a say ;)

they would of had next to no imput, ITV are not the only broadcaster to show this game it would be shown worldwide with various broadcaster buying rights from UEFA, to suggest the game is being played at 4pm (5pm local time) because of emmerdale is frankly moronic,

UEFA the english and the polish FA have the main imput, you also have to take into account policing etc as well ITV would have zero say over poland security arrangments

they would of had next to no imput, ITV are not the only broadcaster to show this game it would be shown worldwide with various broadcaster buying rights from UEFA, to suggest the game is being played at 4pm (5pm local time) because of emmerdale is frankly moronic,

UEFA the english and the polish FA have the main imput, you also have to take into account policing etc as well ITV would have zero say over poland security arrangments

Rubbish, ITV would have called the shots,TV rules football nowadays.

Your telling me that with a pitch flooded, it makes sense to give that pitch 4 hours less time to dry???

No where in Europe would a big International game kick off at 5PM local time.

Emmerdale is an hour long LIVE episode, where millions of pounds would already have been taken in for advertising for Itv.

ITV officials had a panic on.

Did you not see the ItV reporter scurrying around amongst the officials last night.

As for security security arrangements, your having a laugh. All big games are played in the evenings midweek, to change it to 4/5pm will cause more problems for security, not the other way round.

If not, then why was Tuesdays match a 4/5pm kick off!!

Your telling me that with a pitch flooded, it makes sense to give that pitch 4 hours less time to dry???

Emmerdale is an hour long LIVE episode, where millions of pounds would already have been taken in for advertising for Itv.

Did you not see the ItV reporter scurrying around amongst the officials last night.

As for security security arrangements, your having a laugh. All big games are played in the evenings midweek, to change it to 4/5pm will cause more problems for security, not the other way round.

According to the Polish official on TV last night it only takes 30 minutes to dry out once the heating system come on !!

Christ. Anyone who believes ITV were responsible for the new kick off time needs to go and get their head checked out, I've never heard such nonsense.

"There was a difference of opinion between Polish and English officials as to when the match should be played. The Poles wanted to postpone the game until their November friendly date but the English FA referenced FIFA regulations to win the argument and have the match played on Wednesday. The final decision when to stage the game was made by FIFA match delegate Danijel Jost."

Christ! I bet you believe that NASA faked the moon landings and Elvis is still alive...

ITV only have the full qualifying contract because no one else wanted it, they bought the FA Cup and home qualifiers deal for £90 million, over 30% less than what they were paying already - qualifiers are not a big draw. Even if ITV wanted to have the main say on when the qualifier was to be played, if the FA and PZPN were that spineless, considering the game is likely to be shown widely overseas, they're unlikely to be the biggest player player around the decision table.

Can anyone in this England pass the ball?.

Carrick is a waste of space, the other 3 are ok in the opponents half but are woeful at protecting the back 4, marking and picking up runners. This is the sort of game that Gerrard should be grabbing by the scruff of the neck but sadly again for England a few good moments (probably England's very few best moments) but then some woeful passing in dangerous positions, thankfully Poland are little better than us.

Bloody awful performance so far.

Passing is nothing short of shocking, Carrick the main culprit

don't under estamate the effect of the postponement has had on the players,

I haven't watched any so I can't say how poor it is but 1-0 away from home at one of our main rvals in the group will do

Archived