IGNORED

Mayor Election

bs3

I just got this message through via e-mail. Well done Stoney Garnett in Bristol and well done UKIP in Corby - their day will come !!!!!!!......

3.png

UKIP records best ever by-election result

The UK Independence Party took third place in the Corby by-election, with over 14% of the vote, 5,108 votes, well ahead of the Liberal Democrats who lost their deposit.

UKIP Leader Nigel Farage said:

"This is a great result for UKIP. Along with the other results coming in from around the country today - including the 31% we scored in a by-election in Manchester - it confirms that we are now established as the third force in British politics.

"As a Corby resident said on Question Time last night 'UKIP is a breath of fresh air'.

"This is our best by-election result ever. We now move on to the by-elections in Middlesbrough and in Rotherham, where we already have a strong electoral footprint and we expect to do even better still."

Think once they get more publicity people will be able to see that the majority of their membership is somewhat to the right of the Atilla the Hun. Certainly their spokesman on Any Questions last night was a paid up member of the raving right.

I'm not including your good self of course RG.

The reason Red Trousers won is because more NIMBYs turned out to vote than normal people.

They realised how important it was to get their sorry butts off the couch and get out and vote.........they saw the influence they could have on keeping Bristol the biggest backwater City in Britain.

You only have to look at the EP exit poll to see where his vote came from, Redland, Clifton, Lentilville, Henleaze, W-O-T, all NIMBY hotspots.

I really hope he proves me wrong and caters for all sections of the Bristol public.......and that includes BCFC fans and the backing of AV........instead of just supporting lentil eating, sandal wearing Lentilvillians.

BCAGFC

Well Peter Crispin in the comments part of the BEP, pretty much accused Ferguson of being a tory, so I suspect he didn't vote for him.

And those who voted bought it. What does that say about the electorate's grasp of reality in Brizzle? Perhaps they were considering solely NOT to vote for an openly sponsored political candidate but instead the city elects someone who, seemingly, has fewer needs for checks and balances and toeing of any line of thought. I think is mayorship might be peppered with a host of inconsistencies, sound bites and fuzzy policies all for the purposes of trying to ingratiate himself for a second term. Of course, part of the intention of putting this remark out there and perhaps others who mark it down similarly is for 'The Ferguson' to do the precise opposite and govern 'for all of the people' . Vamos a ver as we say in Cuba...... 50 years of waiting mind; i doubt Bristolians will wait longer than 1 to see what he is about if they indeed remember who the hec he is by then.

I can't stand the bloke, but it's no surprise he got in.

The fact that Bristol was the only city in the latest round to approve going down the elected Mayor route showed how fed up people are with the state of local politics. It then stands to reason that with GF being the only realistic Independent candidate, it would be his to lose, as people had already clearly shown by opting for the Mayor vote that they had little faith in local politicians.

To be fair, looking at his policy statement, it all sounds great with all these improvements he's promising to make. The problem is, there's nothing to say where all the money will come from, or how all these goals can be achieved at a time when there are £millions needing to be cut off the Council budget this and subsequent years.

Now he's in he's got to produce the goods, as success isn't achieved with bullshit, but actions and that's what he'll be judged on.

I really hope he succeeds, because if he fails, it's this great City of Bristol and its people that will lose out, so there's a hell of a lot riding on the next 4 years. :fingerscrossed:

The reason Red Trousers won is because more NIMBYs turned out to vote than normal people.

They realised how important it was to get their sorry butts off the couch and get out and vote.........they saw the influence they could have on keeping Bristol the biggest backwater City in Britain.

You only have to look at the EP exit poll to see where his vote came from, Redland, Clifton, Lentilville, Henleaze, W-O-T, all NIMBY hotspots.

I really hope he proves me wrong and caters for all sections of the Bristol public.......and that includes BCFC fans and the backing of AV........instead of just supporting lentil eating, sandal wearing Lentilvillians.

BCAGFC

What's normal ?

It's the Deli guy who likes to think it's Southville.

Has anyone seen that there is now a 'CLIFTON car boot sale' on the Clanage FFS!

It's the Deli guy who likes to think it's Southville.

Has anyone seen that there is now a 'CLIFTON car boot sale' on the Clanage FFS!

And some kind of salon on North Street called CLIFTON BEAUTY SALON or something like that, completely ridiculous in my opinion and says a lot about how people view the area and there blinkered ignorance of what came before them and that BCFC is intrinsically linked into the cultural fabric of the area!!

What ever you say about GF though, you cant argue that he is 'for' implementing community spirit back into areas by the way of encouraging independent local traders into areas along with arts projects etc etc that enrich communties (i.e. the canteen on stokes croft) and give them a sense of identity back rather than being ridden roughshod over by big corporations looking to make a fast buck without giving a **** about people. Dont get me wrong Im not adverse to this but there needs to be a balance which I think GF would be good for.

Like many have said on here, GF isnt against the new stadium, just the other things that may be affected by it. I think he understands that BCFC is part of the fabric of the community so I cant see him going out on a limb to oppose every decision on the matter.

Dont agree with some on here about him being free from party political allegiances, he is/was part of the masons or whatever they're called, and these people will have an effect on him with there lobbying and under the table tactics, and this is where I dont really trust the guy to be completely impartial. If he said this will not affect his judgement on matters, I can say now he would be lying through his back teeth!!

I find it somewhat amusing that on George's first day central government pull another £4m from his budget. I thought the whole point of this system was to give more power to him? Seems they are already making it harder from the off.

I do welcome his first move to remove Sunday parking charges

So now Labour's NEC tell councillors they can't be on the cabinet. National party politics interfering with Bristol's future. I hope people who voted Labour in the past (like me) are going to remember this next time around.

Labour have been a lump of dog shit in Bristol for years, that is why the city's facilities are so pathetic. They have only ever been interested in party politics, crack pot minority costly schemes and never the good of the Bristol public and since the Lib Dems have taken over well it's been a case of 'I used to be indecisive but now i'm not really sure', they couldn't govern a creche?

The trouble is most Labour voters won't give a shit because it's Labour or nothing for most of them, the good of Bristol won't even register because what we haven't had or not going to get we won't miss.

Bristol Council is and has been for more than 20 years a total disgrace and not fit for purpose and keeping Bristol in the dark ages and have almost certainly lost millions in investment.

Labour have been a lump of dog shit in Bristol for years, that is why the city's facilities are so pathetic. They have only ever been interested in party politics, crack pot minority costly schemes and never the good of the Bristol public and since the Lib Dems have taken over well it's been a case of 'I used to be indecisive but now i'm not really sure', they couldn't govern a creche?

The trouble is most Labour voters won't give a shit because it's Labour or nothing for most of them, the good of Bristol won't even register because what we haven't had or not going to get we won't miss.

Bristol Council is and has been for more than 20 years a total disgrace and not fit for purpose and keeping Bristol in the dark ages and have almost certainly lost millions in investment.

Party politics has definitely been hugely damaging in Bristol. The thing is, whilst the Labour councillors are mainly Bristolian, the people who order them about are either hippies who get parachuted in from sandal-under-ryvita or the stalwart trade union muppets in the NEC who are worried about getting contributions to the party coffers.

What we need is to basically ignore parties and national politics at a local level and ruthlessly pursue Bristol's best interests - just like every other large city in the country seems to manage to do.

We're never going to get anything other than a very slender majority and more often have a hung council in Bristol so the sooner we tell the interferers to **** off the better. I didn't vote for Ferguson but I was hoping that the fact an independent beat them would register. Seems it hasn't.

It's a real pity because GF didn't have to give them the chance, if I was him now I wouldn't be leaving any seats empty - I'd fill them with whoever was best for the job and ignore Labour completely.

Party politics has definitely been hugely damaging in Bristol. The thing is, whilst the Labour councillors are mainly Bristolian, the people who order them about are either hippies who get parachuted in from sandal-under-ryvita or the stalwart trade union muppets in the NEC who are worried about getting contributions to the party coffers.

What we need is to basically ignore parties and national politics at a local level and ruthlessly pursue Bristol's best interests - just like every other large city in the country seems to manage to do.

We're never going to get anything other than a very slender majority and more often have a hung council in Bristol so the sooner we tell the interferers to **** off the better. I didn't vote for Ferguson but I was hoping that the fact an independent beat them would register. Seems it hasn't.

It's a real pity because GF didn't have to give them the chance, if I was him now I wouldn't be leaving any seats empty - I'd fill them with whoever was best for the job and ignore Labour completely.

Ain't that the truth, marvelous Marvin has been remarkably quiet over all of this at least Peter Hammond had the guts to do the right thing and resign and my god Ron Stone the new labour leader looks and sounds like a man with a plan and forward thinking. Labour have just proved what bunch of useless self serving childish bad losers they have become, they must have been schooled by another bad loser mr 2 jags.

Labour under red Ed seem as though they are trying very hard to become like labour under Michael Foot and Kinnock totally unelectable.

Archived