IGNORED

Mayor Election

bs3

I'm getting confused with supplementary vote, having looked into it I can only see it further increasing GF's vote

The Supplementary Vote (SV) is a shortened version of the Alternative Vote (AV). Under SV, there are two columns on the ballot paper – one for voters to mark their first choice and one in which to mark a second choice. Voters mark one 'X' in each column, although voters are not required to make a second choice if they do not wish to.

All the first choices are then counted, and if a candidate has a majority, they are elected. If no candidate receives a majority, the top two candidates continue to a second round and all other candidates are eliminated. The second-choice votes of everyone whose first choice has been eliminated are then counted.

Any votes for the remaining candidates are then added to their first-round totals. Whichever candidate has the most votes after these second-preferences have been allocated is declared the winner.

Yep, all the die hard Labour voters will have voted for Rees whether they particularly rate him as an individual or not, but I somehow can't see too many Bristolians putting him down as 2nd choice. You never know though.

They've just announced a recount anyway so we'll have a while to wait yet.

yes he supports the new ground not the new sainsburys thats what tom said

Read the quote again......he supports the Rovers ground and is not looking to stand in the way of the sell to Sainsburys unlike the situation at Ashton where he was against the sell to Sainsburys and fought it all the way

He's a hippy with a healthy self interest. Former Liberal councillor IIRC.

exactly as I see it, he likes to appear with it, whatever it may be at the time, some mention what he's so say done for south Bristol, well I don't see it, south Bristol! Southville maybe, or more to the point is own bank balance.

I think even with 2nd round selections Ferguson will win it by a significant margin.

Yep I expect George will get a lot of Green & LD second votes.. the tory voters will probably be anything but Labour too.

Looks like old Red Trousers has conned the people of Bristol into thinking that he cares about them...........

He has a lead of 5000 going into the 2nd round of voting.....no way will that be overturned.

AV is officially DEAD!!!!. :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

BCAGFC

So, simply speaking, Marvin needs to have got 8,000 more 2nd choice votes than GF.

6'000 roughly, it's going to be very unlikely I'd imagine. As say George will get significant green/LD/Tory votes I expect.

Side note that Tory and LD lost there deposit!

Oh god please not that horrible little man.

Having had personal dealings with I cannot start to describe how much I dislike him.

We can kiss goodbye to any form of new development. This bloke will do a great job as keeping Bristol a backwater.

No mayor will have any say in it. Regardless of what they promise.

Of course they could.

If the mayor of Bristol went to the Sec of State and said we REALLY need AV to regenerate South Bristol, that would aid our case.....just as it did for Falmer.

Looks like he has conned you Tom. :(

BCAGFC

AV is officially DEAD!!!!. :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

BCAGFC

Not sure thats the case.....I dont think he can do anything about Sainsburys (although thats his biggest gripe) and the stadium situation is too far down the legal line for him to have an influence unless he is intending on pulling out all the stops to support AV as Major......unlikely I know

Of course they could.

If the mayor of Bristol went to the Sec of State and said we REALLY need AV to regenerate South Bristol, that would aid our case.....just as it did for Falmer.

Looks like he has conned you Tom. :(

BCAGFC

He's not conned me, it's just the council have said whatever the TVG report states, it'll be rubberstamped. It's already agreed.

If it was that simple then why hasn't Cook who is massively pro AV done the same.

It will be down to the landowners to fight if TVG status is awarded.

Not sure thats the case.....I dont think he can do anything about Sainsburys (although thats his biggest gripe) and the stadium situation is too far down the legal line for him to have an influence unless he is intending on pulling out all the stops to support AV as Major......unlikely I know

That is the key, Red Pantalones doesn't give a **** about AV and he will go out of his way to stop it any way he can........don't forget if AV fails, Sainsburys fails and then he can champion a stadium in Avonmouth (or another site miles away from our home) so he can get his hands on AG where he already has plans in situe.

BCAGFC

He's not conned me, it's just the council have said whatever the TVG report states, it'll be rubberstamped. It's already agreed.

If it was that simple then why hasn't Cook who is massively pro AV done the same.

It will be down to the landowners to fight if TVG status is awarded.

Cook hasn't done it because he has no power, the mayor would have.

If our new mayor was behind AV, it would aid SLs fight for AV, with Red Trousers he has no chance.

BCAGFC

Archived