IGNORED

Mayor Election

bs3

#bristolmayor george ferguson wins, officially 37353 v 31259 after second prefs counted

You missed out your 'jumping with joy' smiley Tom. :P

The absolute nightmare senario has happened.

Red Trousers is going to be a VERY rich man after all this and we get stuck at a delapidated AG for the foreseeable future and possibly lose our financial backer for good. :( :( :( :( :(

BCAGFC

A real snub to the bankrupting ideals of Labour. People saw through the sham of higher wages for public sector workers, and voted for a different course.

Thats 2 mayoral elections they have lost this year.

its a bigger snub to the tories imo, they are the party in power and they've lost alot of todays elections while blaming the media for not doing enough to promoted but gave no funding to it ether,

You missed out your 'jumping with joy' smiley Tom. :P

The absolute nightmare senario has happened.

Red Trousers is going to be a VERY rich man after all this. :(

BCAGFC

I'm not jumping for joy, but I'm not doom and gloom like some on here.

I'll judge him from now on.

I'm not jumping for joy, but I'm not doom and gloom like some on here.

I'll judge him from now on.

No doubt he will be good for some aspects of Bristol but he will totally ignore the massive hole in our sporting facilities......I suspect the arena will be the last item on his agenda as well.

I want Bristol to a world class city in every aspect and you can't get that through saving the greenbelt I'm afraid.

He's a green, lentil eating, sandal wearing, toff NIMBY.

BCAGFC

No doubt he will be good for some aspects of Bristol but he will totally ignore the massive hole in our sporting facilities......I suspect the arena will be the last item on his agenda as well.

I want Bristol to a world class city in every aspect and you can't get that through saving the greenbelt I'm afraid.

BCAGFC

The arena is one of his first promises, on the grounds of where the council failed last time (the old Bath Road dept)

Mind you it was a given that whoever got in would promise it as the money is there from the enterprise park scheme etc.

I'm glad BRT2 is now dead too. Waste of money. Proper light railway system is way forward, not bendy f***king buses.

BCAGFC

theres alot to do to get bristol into the world class status and thats because of the 20 years of neglate by the previous councils, torys labour and Lib Dems,

Thats the reason a mayor has been voted in in the first place,

Lets wait and see what he does and doesn't do before we condem him

theres alot to do to get bristol into the world class status and thats because of the 20 years of neglate by the previous councils, torys labour and Lib Dems,

Thats the reason a mayor has been voted in in the first place,

Lets wait and see what he does and doesn't do before we condem him

It's far longer than that, and it's been very nearly exclusively Labour.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Ferguson lived in Bristol far longer than, for instance, Marvin Rees?

Someone who's chosen to make their home in Bristol for almost 50 years must have the best interests of their adopted City at heart surely.

Well 47 years more like, still would have been nice to have had a born and bred Bristolian as the first ever elected mayor, my point being throughout the protracted AV process the most vociferous 'anti's' have all virtually without exception been non Bristolian and I find that very telling.

It's the beginning of the end. Pedestrianise South Bristol, enforce a maximum walking speed, ban stores that retail anything other than pulses and cous-cous, cease the acceptance of sterling, close pubs, prevent urban development, outlaw sport, sew leather patches onto sweater elbows, replace the number 76 bus with 10 tandem bicycles welded together, object endlessly to all business development that isn't daubing quirky buildings in 25 foot high lettered white-on-black blindingly obvious names.... Bristol what have you done?????

In an entirely hypothetical world, I suppose it means if you're building some highly lucrative eco town houses and need council support for bicycle entry points built over neighbourhood public footpaths, you no longer need to email council planning decision makers hoping to privately harangue them into supporting you, you just pop downstairs and issue an order while casually whistling and brandishing a P45.

Bristol First. He probably got the name from his class of train travel to and from London. Man of the people indeed!

He isn't :gasmask: but seems to be backing their stadiums plans fully whereas he was fully against our Sainsburys plans as he knew full well that no supermarket, meant no stadium.

He has stated that he is against a stadium at AV but would be fully behind one at a new site, which could lead to him getting his grubby paws on AG which he already has detailed plans drawn up.

Don't trust him one bit myself, hopefully he will prove me wrong but I won't hold my breathe.

BCAGFC

He isn't :gasmask: but seems to be backing their stadiums plans fully whereas he was fully against our Sainsburys plans as he knew full well that no supermarket, meant no stadium.

He has stated that he is against a stadium at AV but would be fully behind one at a new site, which could lead to him getting his grubby paws on AG which he already has detailed plans drawn up.

Don't trust him one bit myself, hopefully he will prove me wrong but I won't hold my breathe.

BCAGFC

+1

Archived