IGNORED

Mayor Election

bs3

I just found another estimate from the Telegraph newspaper......

£4,350 per family to bail out Britain's banks !!!!!!!!

Source: http://www.telegraph...ains-banks.html

That's incredible. Just about to watch The Year the Town Hall Shrank, drastic cuts to services, privatisation etc etc, and all to pay for bankers greed. Makes me sick.

So the tomorrow we get the chance to vote for a Mayor . Are you going to vote and who are you voting for .

Me I'm voting Marvin first choice and second vote is going to Stoney.

Excellent shout, Marvin Rees' election pledge is truely outstanding......

Marvin Rees is a former BBC radio reporter and NHS manager. He said: "My vision for Bristol is a world-class city, a great place to live and work, in which people are connected and where we care about each other and our planet. I believe our city's success will be tied to our ability to tackle the poverty and inequality that has undermined Bristol's performance in the past. I will make Bristol a living wage city. Work should pay so that people can live with dignity, spending in our local economy while reducing dependency on benefits. I will build 4,000 homes while strengthening protection for tenants in the private sector, and promoting good landlords. Home security is vital to get our children off to the best start in life. Transport is critical to our future - I will work with providers to make it affordable, better connected and more convenient. I will put families first, helping women to return to the workplace through better childcare. I will build a city arena and back our two football stadiums. I will establish an apprenticeship hub to build the workforce the world wants and make Bristol a zero food waste city whilst tackling food poverty. All that said the mayor cannot do this alone - it will be down to everyone to ensure we are successful."

Ok I am in no way for the guy (I havnt even got a vote as I'm south glos!) n he seems to love himself but why are so many city fans against him?

Is he massively anti stadium? Just wondered if there's something I've missed or is it just 'hes anti stadium so we will hate him' ?

Dont the the guy personally, but as far as i know, or from what i am led to believe he runs with the hares and the hounds, to suit his own agenda....whatever that is on a certain day,......lucre might sum it up better, but thats just me !

Dont the the guy personally, but as far as i know, or from what i am led to believe he runs with the hares and the hounds, to suit his own agenda....whatever that is on a certain day,......lucre might sum it up better, but thats just me !

So he changes his view regularly then? But why does this mean city fans in particular are against him? Maybe city fans in general arnt against him n iv got it wrong...just a significant minority?

So he changes his view regularly then? But why does this mean city fans in particular are against him? Maybe city fans in general arnt against him n iv got it wrong...just a significant minority?

To be blunt i aint got a clue, there seems to be an undercurrent of bad feeling against the guy, but the reasons honestly escape me, as far as i know he was against the sainsbury's redevelopment of the gate, which in turn would threaten the ashton vale project, but that said he is so say in favour of new stadia for both bristol teams, and a new Arena, but yet he sems to want to stop our new stadium on the sainsbury angle, tbh i have had a gut full of all the talk, we need to act, end of.......no to red trousers

do you know if he is tied to any political party and if not where does he stand ie left wing/right wing etc?

Ex Lib/Dem, but jacked it in and went independant and re-invented himself, probably because he thought he'd have a better chance when he ran for Mayor.

Can't help thinking the bloke is a complete tool for a number of reasons, so wouldn't be at all surprised if he becomes Mayor. Let's be honest, Bristol City Councillors have ****ed up most things they're involved in over many years, so it's a pretty fair bet the mayor will run them close in terms of ineptitude.

I used to think Boris Johnson was a total baffoon, but he's actually done a hell of a lot for London and at least seems in touch with the people. I'd love to see Bristol get someone like that, but there really doesn't seem to be anyone likely to come even remotely close among the candidates.

I fear if the red trousered to$$er gets in, the only interests being served will be his own!

He objected to the sale of AG to sainsburys because Lansdown wouldn't sell the land to him at a vastly reduced rate than sainsburys were offering. Lansdown obviously went with the highest bidder because we needed as much money as possible to help pay for the new stadium.

He's out for his own agenda, he's only shut up about being against the stadium because he knew he would be losing lots of votes from those who do want AV to happen. I firmly believe if he gets in (lets hope to god he doesn't) he will do everything he can to stop AV happening.

he's been incorrectly labeled as anti stadium thats why city fans dislike him he's only anti sainsburys and once he was defeated he took it like a man and did moan about it

How can you possibly say he took it like a man?? he got beat, and had no where to go...he had no choice.

He doesnt care about the stadium, he doesnt care about "North Street" like he liked to make out...all he cares about is his own agenda. His agenda was getting hold of the Ashton Gate land for a fraction of the price Sainsburys were prepared to pay

His agenda involved mud slinging and doing his best to paint Lansdown and Bristol City as some kind of uncaring selfish Business juggernaut that did not give to sh*ts about the local community and would steam roll over anyone and everything to get the new stadium.

He is a snidey weasel and I really hope he doesnt get voted in

Thanks dolly.

so it is as simple as he could be anti stadium (with a slim chance he isnt) as to why city fans have an agenda against him although that hardly makes him a 'tosser' according to some.

No, you miss the real point. The fact that many city fans, including myself, dislike the bloke is because he is inherently untrustworthy, and the reason we know this is because of our encounters with him regarding AV. He had a self-interest in the AV development that he did his utmost to avoid making transparent, and even allowed one of his stooges to participate in meetings, effectively as his proxy. It may well be that all of the other candidates for mayor have their own agenda, but with GF we have seen the sort of person he is. Plus, 4 years of seeing those frickin red trousers!

I did my bit and voted for a different candidate to try and stop GF winning, but fear the worst.

Many of the things writen on this forum regarding Ferguson/others is often anything but factualto often and based on stupidity and ignorance.

Most base it on a hatred of his Sainsbury's stance, others on the fact he looks 'a bit odd' and wears red trousers. Having known George for nearly 9 years some of the stuff on here is actually hilarious but everyone is entitled to their viewpoint much like he was on Sainsbury's so each to there own. I made the mistake of posting the exit poll results on twitter last night. One city fan even said they'd move away if he won. The exit poll was so small and from such a small set of stations that it couldn't in anyway be accurate.

Personally I think he'll run Rees close but not close enough. Possibly a second round looms. Out of the two chooses I have to admit I'd rather have George than Rees who will be a puppet controlled from central labour HQ and will spend all this money on new housing and 'living wage' when the mayors first and most important issue really is to sort out the 25-40m cuts required in next 5 years. I don't envy whoever wins dealing with that..

Ok I am in no way for the guy (I havnt even got a vote as I'm south glos!) n he seems to love himself but why are so many city fans against him?

Is he massively anti stadium? Just wondered if there's something I've missed or is it just 'hes anti stadium so we will hate him' ?

I don't like him because he is a Merchant Venturer and a member of the Clifton Club. He is also a posh tit.

Archived