IGNORED

Two More Players In?

JonPikeUK

your chattin like a moron do u actually think reid, edwards bryan could all get us out of this mess with no championship football experience most of them with no competitive football exerence :S we need quality championship players in the neil danns mould thats why i say well done to del and i for one am happy that he has brought in a loan and maby 2 more come saturday !

I don't think you have any right to call anyone a moron after reading your post. Deary me.

your chattin like a moron do u actually think reid, edwards bryan could all get us out of this mess with no championship football experience most of them with no competitive football exerence :S we need quality championship players in the neil danns mould thats why i say well done to del and i for one am happy that he has brought in a loan and maby 2 more come saturday !

No need for the insult mate. I do agree though. I want us to stay up obviously and feel that our best chance of doing so would be with experienced loanees, particularly in the positions we're looking at (CBs). Wouldn't mind seeing those youngsters and Amadi-Holloway (spelling?) making the bench now and again though.

I guess you would have to describe the younger 1st team members as still a work in progress. Caulker was good enough, and certainly was young. So clearly if you are good enough, your old enough. It could be that the club feel a loan to Div 1 or 2 wouldn't really be that beneficial compared to training and reserve outings here.

I know I'm in the minority but these loans do my head in. I would much rather play some of our young players than continue to get in loans.

If we still struggle so be it,but I want Bristol City players playing for us and not players who( in all honesty) probably couldn't give a f@@k about us as a club.

We have to give our young players a chance, otherwise what the point in them.

Just my opinion, I don't expect anyone to agree with me though.

I actually agree with you in theory. Personally I would rather we had addressed our problematic areas in the summer like we did with our left back position. We havent owned our own big centre half since McCombe.....would much rather play players who are Bristol City players.

Not sure I'd rather play thge kids though

I guess you would have to describe the younger 1st team members as still a work in progress. Caulker was good enough, and certainly was young. So clearly if you are good enough, your old enough. It could be that the club feel a loan to Div 1 or 2 wouldn't really be that beneficial compared to training and reserve outings here.

But if there not playing first team football of some kind, how will anyone know there ready. Same as getting loans in dont know if it will work out and we are paying these youngsters wages as well as loanees. Just seems daft to give them long term contracts and not use them.

I know I'm in the minority but these loans do my head in. I would much rather play some of our young players than continue to get in loans.

If we still struggle so be it,but I want Bristol City players playing for us and not players who( in all honesty) probably couldn't give a f@@k about us as a club.

We have to give our young players a chance, otherwise what the point in them.

Just my opinion, I don't expect anyone to agree with me though.

I share a very similar view to this.

The prospect of a relegation battle with a team that has increasing numbers of loan players in it fills me with dread. Obviously Amougou was huge for us last year, but how many unsuccessful loans do you have to go through before you get an Amougou? What happened to working on the training field and attempting to coach the players to play better? Instead, and we are by no means alone in this, whenever you go through a poor run of form you look to what player isn't getting games at their club and hope they can come in and miraculously turn you into a winning team.

Should we sign two more loan players before Saturday I will actually be more pessimistic before the game as three short term loans (who are all unlikely to be that bothered about how our seasons pans out) all making their debuts at a time when we are already playing poorly doesn't fill me with confidence for an improved performance in the slightest.

I share a very similar view to this.

The prospect of a relegation battle with a team that has increasing numbers of loan players in it fills me with dread. Obviously Amougou was huge for us last year, but how many unsuccessful loans do you have to go through before you get an Amougou? What happened to working on the training field and attempting to coach the players to play better? Instead, and we are by no means alone in this, whenever you go through a poor run of form you look to what player isn't getting games at their club and hope they can come in and miraculously turn you into a winning team.

Should we sign two more loan players before Saturday I will actually be more pessimistic before the game as three short term loans (who are all unlikely to be that bothered about how our seasons pans out) all making their debuts at a time when we are already playing poorly doesn't fill me with confidence for an improved performance in the slightest.

That all depends on the attitude of the player. When Stoke got promoted a fews years ago , their side was packed with loanees.

I know it's easier to want to do well for a club near the top rather than the bottom , but if you get the 'right type' , they can also be an assett.

No need for the insult mate. I do agree though. I want us to stay up obviously and feel that our best chance of doing so would be with experienced loanees, particularly in the positions we're looking at (CBs). Wouldn't mind seeing those youngsters and Amadi-Holloway (spelling?) making the bench now and again though.

Holloway cant make the bench when he hasn't played all season due to injury ??

That all depends on the attitude of the player. When Stoke got promoted a fews years ago , their side was packed with loanees.

I know it's easier to want to do well for a club near the top rather than the bottom , but if you get the 'right type' , they can also be an assett.

Thats a fair point and a good example of when extensive use of the loan system has worked, but there are plenty of examples of teams where it hasn't worked.

It also much easier to come into a winning team full of confident players than it is into a team that is losing every week.

Without loan signings at the back end of last season, we would already be in L1 - so they can't be an entirely bad thing!

We need something to freshen up our team, that is clearly struggling badly with lack of confidence at the moment. (some may say it is a lack of ability that they are struggling with! the first few games of the season might suggest otherwise)

If loan signings might just give us that change in fortune, style, options, whatever it might be, then it has to be worth a try, especially if they are of the quality of Danns.

We need help now, before it is too late to recover. This is not the time to try blooding untested youngsters imo.

If we lost our next 10 games and are all but down, then do it. Give them half a season of experience with little pressure, as our fate will be all but determined anyway.

Hopefully though, these incoming loans will mean that we don't carry on this loosing streak for too much longer and they will inspire the change of fortunes that is so desperately needed right now.

can you please explain in laymans terms what this means please

is it me?

I think he means a team can have 10 loans in total and 5 loan players in the starting XI.

Dunno if that's right or not , but I think that's what he means !!!!!

Come again? The only moronic post is yours.

It's my opinion, I know who the moron is!

And Hull did the same I believe

Archived