IGNORED

Pitman On Loan To Bournemouth (Merged)

marcofisher

I thought I read he was still in Del's plans a while back. If he is and Stead leaves at the end of the season I don't see his time here as finished (unless his contract is up).

Taylor, Davies, Baldock and Pitman next season is a possibilty and he could stay on loan until we get an injury or stop scoring

All the best tho Mr Pitman hope to see you back here scoring some day

One of the most natural finishers you'll ever see in a City shirt. Best of luck to him, he'll easily get 20+ in L1. It wouldn't surprise me if he's playing Championship football whilst we're in L1 next year either.

Totally agree. Most natural goal scorer since super Bob IMO.

Good luck to him.

Always on the cards but good luck to him! Hope he starts rattling in the goals! It's a shame really, you can't sign a striker with his finishing ability and not add players who can provide him with the service. I've always said, a Brett Pitman in a side of Tinnion, Bell, Murray and co would be a 20 goal a season man year in year out for this club.

From the opening day of the season when firstly Albert started ahead of him up front and it then took McInnes until stoppage time to bring him on when we needed a goal it was fairly obvious that it would be best for everyone if he moved on ASAP. Then within four days we signed Davied and Baldock to really hammer it home!

Best of luck to him and I hope he does well. Feel we may look back and wonder why we treated him so poorly in a few years.

He's like Marmite.

In the wilderness, comes off the bench, scores, plays the following week & goes missing. In the wilderness, comes off the bench, scores, plays the following week & goes missing. In the wilderness, comes off the bench, scores, plays the following week & goes missing.

Sound familiar?

Sound like a broken record?

Yes he will score goals

Yes he's been given numerous chances

Yes on numerous occasions he has failed to deliver

Yes the Championship is more demanding

Yes we all want him to be successful

Yes he will score a hat full in the less demanding League 1

And (sadly)

Yes that will be for a different club.

Well, good luck to the lad, case of his face not fitting (or rather his style)

A pure finisher without doubt, but perhaps that's not what we needed. Personally, I think with the right players around him he could score bundles - but you'd have to make the bullets for him to shoot.

But I thought he was easily capable of 20 goals at C'ship level so why's he going back to League One??

Well, he scored 13 in 21 starts at this level in a team that created very few chances so yes, 20 championship goals is very likely within his capabilities.

As for his overall ratio of 1 in 4 quoted above, he's only actually made 36 starts for City in two and a half seasons, but when he's started regularly his goal scoring record compares with the best.

I'm sure he's pulled on the Red shirt for the last time, but it will be very interesting to see how his career progresses in the next year or two. My bet is he'll be at Championship level, whatever his options right now after having his career progress thwarted at Ashton Gate through little fault of his own.

From what I've seen of both players I can see him scoring more at Championship level ( under a manager who believes in him, and plays him) than Baldock, though hopefully from City's point of view there is more to Baldock than we've seen so far and he proves me wrong.

Anyway all BCFC fans should wish Pitman well - he's scored some great goals for City and done nothing to deserve the spiteful comments of numerous posters on here.

Not sure if he had an attitude problem which kept him from the first team, but Baldock and Davies are better anyway.

Best of luck to him.

This.

Baldock and Davies, the two players with whom Brett is competing for a place, each bring more to this team than Brett - simple. If Del hadn't signed these two, quality, strikers then maybe letting Brett go would be foolhardy, but he did, so we should be satisfied with that shouldn't we? I bet that if Bournemouth were offered Baldock, Davies or Pitman on loan, Brett would have been 3rd choice.

Its been pretty clear that McInnes has never rated Pitman. He's not been a regular starter under Del and has barely featured this season.The writing was on the wall for Pitman when Baldock and Davies joined City

He'll be gone in January. Its a shame imo that we didn't get to see the best of Pitman..

Is it possible that to get around the FFP wage cap in League one:

Bournemouth offer city a fee for the loan whihc equates to over 70% of his wages for the loan period, and pay 30% of his wages, thus spending (assuming he's on £9k p/w) £3k p/w on his 'wages' but paying £9-10k?

There will be ways around the FFP that clubs will find. If you build strong enough squads, and are a massive gambler, a manager could build a squad sticking two fingers up to FFP and not need to sign anyone during a transfer embargo and still succeed.

Also, good luck to Brett

You didn't answer my question Nogbad - why if 20 goals is well within his capabilities is he going back to League One?

I can't be arsed to check the records but seldom does a striker at this level score more than 20 goals. Brett would be in an elite group of players and would be much more sought after than merely attracting the interest of his former club, playing at a lower level, wouldn't he?

One of the most natural finishers you'll ever see in a City shirt. Best of luck to him, he'll easily get 20+ in L1. It wouldn't surprise me if he's playing Championship football whilst we're in L1 next year either.

Spot on. We didn't have the supply that he needed...

As soon as Eddie Howe went back to start the Bournemouth Revolution (how many straight wins now?!) Pitman was heading there imo.. That's probably why he never signed him at Burnley.

Best of luck to the lad, out to prove a point now! - Cheeky punt at Bournemouth's top scorer, with 18+?

Didn't he turn down Blackpool for us? I'd imagine he's on £10kp/w plus

He'll be on ridiculous wages like all of them, however just because he chose City over Blackpool doesn't necessarily mean City offered him more money.

Ironically he no doubt thought he would start more games here by being higher up the pecking order as opposed to PL Blackpool where there would be a number of strikers in front of him.

Perhaps he realised he was going to be very well paid wherever he went and actually wanted to play football, prove himself in the Championship, and only then look to make the move up, either with City via promotion or by means of an inevitable transfer if he scored well.

As I say the irony of all this is he probably chose City in order to play regular football at a higher level and progress his career gradually. After being consigned to the bench so often, and latterly left out of the squad all together, he'll be very relieved to return to a club where he is appreciated and a manager who clearly has faith in his ability.

If he signs permanently there, it'll be interesting to see where he goes the next time bigger clubs come calling for him at Bournemouth, as they surely will.

Well, he scored 13 in 21 starts at this level in a team that created very few chances so yes, 20 championship goals is very likely within his capabilities.

As for his overall ratio of 1 in 4 quoted above, he's only actually made 36 starts for City in two and a half seasons, but when he's started regularly his goal scoring record compares with the best.

I'm sure he's pulled on the Red shirt for the last time

Anyway all BCFC fans should wish Pitman well - he's scored some great goals for City and done nothing to deserve the spiteful comments of numerous posters on here.

Agree, agree completely.

You didn't answer my question Nogbad - why if 20 goals is well within his capabilities is he going back to League One?

I can't be arsed to check the records but seldom does a striker at this level score more than 20 goals. Brett would be in an elite group of players and would be much more sought after than merely attracting the interest of his former club, playing at a lower level, wouldn't he?

I think I did - scoring 13 in just 21 starts clearly shows that 20 is easily within his reach. You say not many get 20 - you're right - but how many get 13 when starting less than half the games?

I've said many times before he's the best instinctive finisher I've seen at AG since Bob Taylor. He hasn't had the benefit of many tap ins from the meagre chance producing City team he's played in, many of his goals have been memorable efforts.

He's not sought after at the moment because his career has obviously stalled at AG through lack of starts over the past 18 months.

He's something of a forgotten man but high scorers at any level very quickly rebuild their reputation, and get noticed, and if he starts scoring regularly for Bournemouth (almost certain) bigger clubs will very soon show interest again.

You've no doubt seen the great goals he's scored for City - why do you think he couldn't score 20+ in a chance creating team if he played regularly and his confidence was up?

People saying Baldock better player, but he's got the same problem as pitman he's not been given the service.

Baldock seems to be going the same way as pitman sitting on the bench in a team not creating chances and only playing 1 striker.

We need to sign a midfield that creates chances for our forwards and not forwards when we've got no creativity in midfield.

If you think of pitmans wages over last 2 years plus his fee and what we've spent on Baldock and his wages we've must of wasted £4 million. Even last season when we had chance to play him we signed chris wood.

Not sure if he had an attitude problem which kept him from the first team, but Baldock and Davies are better anyway.

Best of luck to him.

Such a sweeping statement and for City's sake I hope you're right!

Davies is an interesting player - scores good quality goals, seems to have a big heart and puts his head in where it hurts.Looks a great signing and we can only hope his injury record improves at AG.

Baldock better than Pitman? Well, we certainly hope so but absolutely no proof either in his career pre City or from what we've seen so far in a City shirt.

He certainly has limitations and weak areas to his game and whether he can go on to justify his fee by being a heavy scorer for City is very much open to question. It very much depends on City's midfield drastically improving the service to the strikers - something Pitman would no doubt have greatly benefited from too.

Baldock has everything to prove imo, and as he has basically replaced Pitman there will inevitably be comparisons between the two going forward.

Archived