IGNORED

Who Do We Want/the Next Manager Should Be? (Merged)

Ciderstreet

Got to be warnock.........only man to get a bigger reception at the gate than GJ in his pomp.

For me, he is like how my Cardiff mate described Scott Murray.

"Hate the guy, never liked him, booed the hell out of him, but deep down you wished you had him in your team"

It's horses for courses right now so one from Cotterill, Colin or Davies for me.

All three are c**ts but its a **** that we need if we want any chance of staying up.

No SOD or Robins.

i'm in agreement with posters that there should be no more Mr nice guys, thank you... they need not apply,

and that was my view before the 'player friendly' McInnes was given the post.

We've suffered the 'soft under-belly' teams of mssrs Millen & Tinnion & and then the Coppell fiasco.

We need a hard-ass who will tell the players what is what and deliver some home truths, and when they can

dispense with the services of those under performing or not contributing enough to the first team squad.

I was going to add this

1) Took Hednesford Town from Blue Sq North up as Champions

2) Took Hednesford Town from Blue Sq Prem to L2

3) Took Coventry up from L1 to CCC in Play offs

4) Finished 10th with Coventry in CCC

5) Currently sat in 5th with Coventry

The Kaiser is up for the challenge of Bristol City.

You have my number Steve and Jon.....

Under my guidance, Southport are the Champions of England and Europe...Tell me, can Mark Robins or Sean O'Driscoll do that? I'll be waiting for the letter Chairman Iforgotyourname.

Someone in the know has told me..

Mark Hughes

Wasnt Mark Bowen Hughes' assistant at Fulham? Something is going on here and it's worrying the hell out of me, bookies don't make someone favourite without lots of money going on (unlikely) or knowing something we don't!

Come on forum, make up your mind, you all know best,

Ha Ha!! That's right: this time last year the forum's favourite was Derek McInnes!!

Article in last Sunday's Observer about Shaun Goater - currently managing in Bermuda, about to pass his final coaching badges and wants to come back to England. Just saying!!

Ha Ha!! That's right: this time last year the forum's favourite was Derek McInnes!!

Article in last Sunday's Observer about Shaun Goater - currently managing in Bermuda, about to pass his final coaching badges and wants to come back to England. Just saying!!

Nobody ever really knows how things will go, remember Man U were on the verge of sacking Fergie once! Managers come and go that's football, everyone wants success

My thoughts.

Billy Davies? No. 80s style disciplinarians have had their day, and we don't want somebody who can only work by spending a load of money on older players who have experience.

GJ? No. He was spiralling the club downhill when he was sacked spending more and more on worse players.

Cotterill? No. Won't fit in with the fans expectations of passing the ball.

Jordan? No, not going to want to manage again.

Robins? Not been at Coventry long enough to move on.

Keane/Hughes/Di Matteo - :laugh:.

Hoddle? Nope. Very dislikable guy who can't actually manage people.

Steve Kean? No. Hasn't shown any ability to manage.

Phil Brown? Unlikely, wouldn't fit the signing policy and is too much of a giant tanned ego.

Coyle? Maybe but probably too close to McInnes. I think I'd like him though.

O'Driscoll? Plays football, works with young players and budgets, available. Not Mr Charisma. Would seem most likely if Blackpool don't nab him.

Tisdale? Possible. Works miracles keeping Exeter in League One and plays football.

Paolo Sousa? Very outside chance maybe. Available (maybe not for long). Plays good football.

Archived