IGNORED

Who Do We Want/the Next Manager Should Be? (Merged)

Ciderstreet

Can't believe the shouts for Warnock, have we all gone completely mental ! he hates us we hate him and he'd have a host of other options - forget it will never happen thankfully

Doesn't hate us. Been quoted as saying he'd love to manage us one day. was a few years admittedly.

Last i heard him mention us was before our last game versus Leeds where he mentioned us always giving him stick. As he did so he was laughing and commented there's always a cracking atmosphere( pffft) at Ashton Gate

ray wilkins

gary megson

george graham

peter reid

greame souness

Do you know what, I've not said it on here as I think people just wouldn't understand, but Ray Wilkins is a hell of a shout. I've been thinking it for a while. I've met him a few times as his mother is in the same old people home as my Grandad here in Verwood Dorset. His football knowledge and contact book is unbelievable (not to mention his experience). The Chelsea fans were FUMING when he got the boot. With that in mind, Ray Wilkins would be my choice. Will it happen....No

Billy Davies for me. Other manager mentioned are too similar to what we've had.

If the board are looking to continue the overhaul of the club from top to bottom, then I wouldn't be surprised if they went down the Director of Football route, leaving the new manager to concentrate solely on the first team and getting us out of this mess. Someone like Ray Wilkins would be perfect for this role.

In the short-term though, I think we need someone nasty to shake things up. If Warnock became available, I'd go for him. Failing that, Joe Jordan might be able to coax something out of the players.

If the board are looking to continue the overhaul of the club from top to bottom, then I wouldn't be surprised if they went down the Director of Football route, leaving the new manager to concentrate solely on the first team and getting us out of this mess. Someone like Ray Wilkins would be perfect for this role.

In the short-term though, I think we need someone nasty to shake things up. If Warnock became available, I'd go for him. Failing that, Joe Jordan might be able to coax something out of the players.

I'm with you mate, Ray Wilkins would be ideal

My thoughts.

Billy Davies? No. 80s style disciplinarians have had their day, and we don't want somebody who can only work by spending a load of money on older players who have experience.

GJ? No. He was spiralling the club downhill when he was sacked spending more and more on worse players.

Cotterill? No. Won't fit in with the fans expectations of passing the ball.

Jordan? No, not going to want to manage again.

Robins? Not been at Coventry long enough to move on.

Keane/Hughes/Di Matteo - :laugh:.

Hoddle? Nope. Very dislikable guy who can't actually manage people.

Steve Kean? No. Hasn't shown any ability to manage.

Phil Brown? Unlikely, wouldn't fit the signing policy and is too much of a giant tanned ego.

Coyle? Maybe but probably too close to McInnes. I think I'd like him though.

O'Driscoll? Plays football, works with young players and budgets, available. Not Mr Charisma. Would seem most likely if Blackpool don't nab him.

Tisdale? Possible. Works miracles keeping Exeter in League One and plays football.

Paolo Sousa? Very outside chance maybe. Available (maybe not for long). Plays good football.

Exeter in league two mate, although they are doing well in third! possibly too big a job for tisdale at this time

If we're looking for nasty, what about the old Crawley manager!

There is a difference between the type of "nasty" we need and the "nasty" bracket that he falls into! Bloke is a crook and I would not support the club in any way if they appointed him.

P.S - for me, whoever comes in needs to be experienced at Championship level to get us out of the sh1t fight we are in at the moment. If Dave Jones wasn't at Wednesday I would say him. IF we could get Colin I think that would be the best possible appointment all round.

I'd go for coyle but if we do get Warnock he'd bring his mates paddy kenny in goal, which we desperately need and Shaun Derry, another that we need to kick a few up the backside. Although he would have to forge their birth certificates to get them through the door.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Allen - I'm not advocating appointing Martin Allen but apart from his stint at Cheltenham, he has to have one of the best managerial records of any manager I've seen. Granted they're all with lower league clubs, Leicester aside, but still pretty impressive!

his first game in charge for the gills was beating us quite comprehensively in the cup this season, we were actually winning games back then.

My thoughts.

Billy Davies? No. 80s style disciplinarians have had their day, and we don't want somebody who can only work by spending a load of money on older players who have experience.

GJ? No. He was spiralling the club downhill when he was sacked spending more and more on worse players.

Cotterill? No. Won't fit in with the fans expectations of passing the ball.

Jordan? No, not going to want to manage again.

Robins? Not been at Coventry long enough to move on.

Keane/Hughes/Di Matteo - :laugh:.

Hoddle? Nope. Very dislikable guy who can't actually manage people.

Steve Kean? No. Hasn't shown any ability to manage.

Phil Brown? Unlikely, wouldn't fit the signing policy and is too much of a giant tanned ego.

Coyle? Maybe but probably too close to McInnes. I think I'd like him though.

O'Driscoll? Plays football, works with young players and budgets, available. Not Mr Charisma. Would seem most likely if Blackpool don't nab him.

Tisdale? Possible. Works miracles keeping Exeter in League One and plays football.

Paolo Sousa? Very outside chance maybe. Available (maybe not for long). Plays good football.

80s disciplinarians have had their day? Sam Allardyce and Alex Ferguson might beg to differ.

Yeah DiMatteo is laughable - he's far too good for us.

Owen Coyle? No thanks. When McInnes joined us, Coyle was singing his praises. Just goes to show he knows sod all

Di Canio all day long for me.

Attractive, attacking football and he'll have an immediate impact with the players which is absolutely crucial if we're going to stay up.

My big worry with O'Driscoll is that he won't have that impact with the players. As much as I like him and his track record, he's a builder & we need a firefighter at the moment otherwise we may as well have stuck with Del.

If we go for Warnock I'd have to have the week off work to sit down and come to terms with it!

So...

1. Di Canio

2. O'Driscoll

Archived