IGNORED

Who Do We Want/the Next Manager Should Be? (Merged)

Ciderstreet

Di Canio??!??!

After just sacking a manager who came in with no experience of manageing at this level, the OP suggests throwing it all on someone with only lower league experience??? I dispair. ISomeone with actual experience of truning this sort of thig around before at this level only please!!!!!!

The only ones I can think of that would fit the bill right now would be...

Sean O Driscoll

Billy Davies

Neil Warnock

Owen Coyle

Heart says Warnock, head says SOD. :laughcont:

Heart says a manager that would keep us up!!!

Warnock has stated that a job in the West County would suit him (but I can't get around the fact he has slated the club in the past)!

Who ever it is he must work with the players that we have got plus be able to pull in better.

For me the new Manager must have:

Championship Experience

Promotion winning experience (any football league)

10+ Years in Management

...Sean O'driscoll for me.

Be careful what you wish for; Pulis & Holloway also fit that description.

Heart says a manager that would keep us up!!!

Warnock has stated that a job in the West County would suit him (but I can't get around the fact he has slated the club in the past)!

Who ever it is he must work with the players that we have got plus be able to pull in better.

When Warnock left Palace, they were struggling at the time and he stated "I do not have the stomach anymore for a relegation fight". He won't come here unless we were atleast 10 places higher up the League.

Looked at the game stats on City OS. No yellow cards and only ONE foul. For a team in our position that shows No fight in the players. The time is not right for a manager who thinks he can play his way out of the mire.( SOD. A BIG NO then) Its time to get a manager who's not afraid to kick some rear ends into touch. Billy Davies. for me. Coyle next,then Warnock. ( I don't like him as a person , BUT, I do respect what he has acheived. Twenty games left to save our Championship status and the clubs Future. :pray:

I think it will be from the two interviewed last time (O'Driscoll and Robins) plus possibly Steve Cotterell, all 3 have managed at this level, only one of them is currently in work (and interestingly has been linked with the Doncaster job) and all 3 are relatively low cost, logical choices.

Forget Billy Davies, even without the bizarre personal life rumours he has a reputation for constantly moaning about not having enough money to spend, Di Canio is simply unstable (and a fascist) and the likes of Tisdale have fallen from favour.

Finally Phil Brown, really? He applied for the Plymouth job! Not a chance.

Sorry to be contentious, SOD appears to passive and uninspiring to me it'll be like having Millen back (albeit with a modicum managerial skill) I don't think it's what we need, we need a tough cookie this time Warnock for me every time.

Exactly this Esmond.

I personally think SOD is a very good manager, and under different circumstances, with the benefit of hindsight, would have been the right man to go for after GJ. But not now.

As you say, it has to be a no nonsense old school manager. Like Ipswich did with big Mick.

I hate Warnock with a passion, but if he were to leave Leeds I would get on my hands and knees to beg him to come here. Either him or Billy Davies.

Archived