IGNORED

Poster Of The Year!

Lew-T

I have a few posters I look out for....

Redcherryberry- seem to have similar opinions to him and often find myself agreeing with a lot of what he says.

Harry- seems to know his stuff!

TRL- similar opinions to me, seems a good bloke and I have had some good chats/debates with him about players etc past and present.

Brizzle Jordan- knows a lot about the game, and another one I share a lot of opinions with! A good lad!

Jordan Tansley- always sit up and take notice of his posts. Controversial at times but I do find myself agreeing with him more often than not!

there are a few more I expect, Beardedred is another good poster.

There's a few I tend to not pay a lot of attention to. Still waiting on an answer from Monkeh as to why he hates Carey as a person so much though!!

Redcherryberry- seem to have similar opinions to him and often find myself agreeing with a lot of what he says.

TRL- similar opinions to me, seems a good bloke and I have had some good chats/debates with him about players etc past and present.

Brizzle Jordan- knows a lot about the game, and another one I share a lot of opinions with! A good lad!

Jordan Tansley- always sit up and take notice of his posts. Controversial at times but I do find myself agreeing with him more often than not!

There's a few I tend to not pay a lot of attention to. Still waiting on an answer from Monkeh as to why he hates Carey as a person so much though!!

Also Lew-T, cracking post mate!

Lots of posters I look out for, for various reasons.

Old Stagers like Rednready - some intriguing insights into a fascinating life amongst his BCFC posts, Arn - same age as me almost to the month, I think, and like REDOXO , who keeps his City passion burning from afar, numerous shared BCFC experiences in the past. Plus Ted of course, a one off true City fanatic and the forum just wouldn't be the same without him. Red Goblin is another long standing and often entertaining maverick.

Convivial stalwarts woodsy, TRL, slartibartfast and glynriley, all of whom have mellowed by varying degrees over the years I suspect. Well, slarti at least who seems to have been present when the very earliest East End incursions were repulsed!

A special mention for Il Raderino who hates Rovers so much he couldn't bear to remain in the same country as them!

Posters I've had fairly strong disagreements with at some stage - GrahamC, Red-Robbo, Portland Bill, proof that you can agree on many things but have a fairly heated exchange on others and still rate them as top posters.

Nibor and Timbo7 who consistently put over calm, well argued, and persuasive posts which are very hard to take issue with (probably mostly not worth trying!)

Then there are top quality younger posters like bearded_red, WellRedPhil, and citypope who often post with a depth, sound reasoning, and maturity that belie their years - the future of the forum is in good hands.

Many others as well, and although any forum is bound to miss previous prolific posters like BB and Edson, I'd say all in all it's in pretty good shape at the moment.

You'll wait a long time then I try to avoid threads on that

My uncle owned and ran the cake shop next to Ashton Gate school in North street for many years, his bread pudding was legendary, during the summer holidays on my short walk from home to ashton park for a game of footie and meet the BCFC players who hadn't earned a full contract which would have kept them on full wages throughout the summer, so many of them had to carry out maintenance on the ground to make up their money, I would call into uncle Joe's for a piece of his bread pudding to keep me going till tea time.

Bedminster used to be a great place for shops. I vaguely remember a second-hand toy shop on North Street? I used to trot down there circa 1970 with my pocket money and buy second hand toys, those were the days. In Ashton Park I also remember all the beautiful elm trees that ended up being condemned with the Dutch elm disease with 'X's painted on them.

Archived