IGNORED

Cardiff City Vs Bristol City Match Thread

pigeon

Your not American by any chance?

No.

Pleasure coming on here and interacting with charming people like you (by the way you seem to recognise yourself quite quickly as a moaner) Tell me what good it does do to carry on like you do. It's the easiest nastiest form of "communication" to be negative. You won't get a prize for showing us how enormous a maoner you can be and it certainly won't help our team, wheres positive thinking can help our team.

Another foot-note :

I'm not little and I bet my dad could beat up your dad

It certainly doesn't do any harm to moan now and again. If you look at my post history I've certainly not always been a "moaner", but that's not to say I haven't had a moan on here (look at the league table for what I might be inspired to do this). Moaning occasionally does not make a moaner. Negativity, conversely, can inspire people to prove you wrong. Positivity on Otib will do nothing. Whereas in the ground it might.

Author foot-note: this forum is poisonous and has been a complete bitch-fest for a long while now.

My big worry today was that we'd get a demoralisingly heavy defeat. The fact we've come away losing only 2-1 despite being pretty poor by all accounts, at least hopefully means the players'll stay positive going into Tuesday.

The thing to me is that the club isn't going to change overnight and we are still going to have the odd diabolical performance because we're a poor team who've been lacking confidence. I can forgive the odd blip (and would rather we had it against teams we weren't expecting too much from in any case) but it's really important we improve and don't let that run on. We need to improve significantly against Palace and we absolutely need to beat Barnsley next Saturday. If we do that, I don't think our performance today will matter. If not then anything else we do might well be too little too late...

Hear hear. Disappointing but not the end of the world and important not to get to negative. 11 other teams have lost at Cardiff and they're not all going to get relegated.

I think there was gap in terms of skill and it shows that if we are to progress as a club we will need to get in some better players but if we can keep up the level of effort and organisation we have been showing then we can still stay in this division.

No

Its the games remaining that will determine our fate.

Foster, Nyatanga, Fontaine and Pearson got to come good sometime !!

I hope so!

we could really use something from the Palace game!

Killkenny and our latest signing showed a bit when they came on and AA will almost certainly start at Palace.

Two huge games which we need Minimum two points from IMO.

However onward to London

No.

It certainly doesn't do any harm to moan now and again. If you look at my post history I've certainly not always been a "moaner", but that's not to say I haven't had a moan on here (look at the league table for what I might be inspired to do this). Moaning occasionally does not make a moaner. Negativity, conversely, can inspire people to prove you wrong. Positivity on Otib will do nothing. Whereas in the ground it might.

Author foot-note: this forum is poisonous and has been a complete bitch-fest for a long while now.

Agree with your last statement but your gratuitous horribleness will not help de-toxify otib. I make a general comment about some City fans revelling in moaning, which over the years I've found to be the case and then you are straight in with a nasty personal comment.

Also you don't have to be mystical to know that positive thought coming from whatever source does work and it's very often the deciding element in the success of a football team if a lot of people at a football club are spreading good rather than bad news.

i'd say moaning and negativity are a major obstacle to the progress of BCFC. Steve Lansdown has obviously had a gutsfull of it.

Agree with your last statement but your gratuitous horribleness will not help de-toxify otib. I make a general comment about some City fans revelling in moaning, which over the years I've found to be the case and then you are straight in with a nasty personal comment.

To be fair my "nasty personal comment" was meant in jest, but that would hardly translate into a textual medium.

Saying I think we will be relegated is not gratuitous horribleness, now that is melodrama.

To be fair my "nasty personal comment" was meant in jest, but that would hardly translate into a textual medium.

Saying I think we will be relegated is not gratuitous horribleness, now that is melodrama.

Okay. This is a very limited medium for expressing the subtleties of language, especially humour.

If we've got SOD as a manager in League 1 I will be delighted because he obviously knows what he is doing.

Lets be friends

Okay. This is a very limited medium for expressing the subtleties of language, especially humour.

If we've got SOD as a manager in League 1 I will be delighted because he obviously knows what he is doing.

Lets be friends

Oh definitely a S'OD team would rip apart League One, I personally don't see the doom and gloom that some people attribute to relegation. Obviously we must do everything we can to avoid, but if 100% is given and we still go down then, so be it. My personal problem is with that percentage being too low, as it has been for most of the season.

Did people actually think we were going to go and dominate the BEST team in this league? Deary me some rubbish on this thread.

We were flattered by todays scoreline... (that own goal might be handy come May though in terms of GD) .

Cardiff this year are a bit special -and they know it- winning mentality and confidence and everything seem easier, things tend to go more right than wrong etc etc... the're on a roll and good luck to 'em...

I dont think we're too far off of coming good, for the most part the squads good enough.... Its that mentality and confidence that just aint there yet, if we can get that buzz going then things will improve rapidly,

To use a well worn phrase round these parts... It'll be good if and when the whole camp collectively manage to Always Believe... if we think we're good enough, believe we're entitled to win, know we're good enough to beat any other team, not just 'on our day' but everytime we step onto the pitch & every move we make on it..

Always Believe and Be Fearless COYR's! :)

Did people actually think we were going to go and dominate the BEST team in this league? Deary me some rubbish on this thread.

You don't get to make up your own argument on others behalf to rubbish - not one person here has said we expected to dominate Cardiff - they are your ridiculous words, and yours alone.

We had spells where we passed the ball and looked able to create something - but far to many long hopeful 50/50 balls with no midfield pushing up to take advantage of the few we did win.

Not sure we expected to get anything today, shame we looked so poor - but we know we are in a rebuilding phase, and winning our home games is what matters atm.

Best we can do is looking forward. Our ambition should be to play bigger teams off the park on less.money. Playing football. Instead we get shagged - year after year - by lower league teams - on 1/3 of the sallary. Something is basically wrong. Since 30 years. Who cares. We are "Bristol". Shag us as much as you like. We always believe.

Just noticed Wes Burns was on the bench even though I was in the same night club as him last night.

Isn't that breach of club discipline as it's less than 24 hours before a game? Made me sick how he got into a brand new Volkswaagen worth around 25k.

Ok so you now have had 3 hours to answer the question which nightclub !

So now put up or apologise

Wes drives a vauxhall corsa and earns £80 pounds a week

If your looking for examples of rich footballers making you sick, look elsewhere mate

Ps his flat mate drives a volkswaggon, you didn't mention who was driving did you, that might have spoilt your story

Its people like you that make me sick not footballers

Ps wes was in san carlo last night and home by 10, not that he has to in anyway justify himself to a tosser like you

If your looking for examples of rich footballers making you sick, look elsewhere mate

Ps his flat mate drives a volkswaggon, you didn't mention who was driving did you, that might have spoilt your story

Ps wes was in san carlo last night and home by 10, not that he has to in anyway justify himself to a tosser like you

He answered at 2.10 which is ages ago -

So how about you apologise for trying to make something out of nothing - due to your own inability to read !

He answered at 2.10 which is ages ago -

So how about you apologise for trying to make something out of nothing - due to your own inability to read !

Apologies given for missing the brief response below.

As for making something out of nothing, you have to be joking

A second year scholar earning peanuts is accused of driving an expensive car and being in a nightclub

Neither is true, so who should really be apologising

Me for missing a response ! Obviously

Pathetic

What club out of interest?

Pranjs or however you spell it on Corn St.

Ah yes, of course. He is a tosser for expecting a professional footballer representing the club he supports not to be in a night club on the eve of a massive derby game for us.

Are you Wes Burns personal minder? If he was in a nightclub who cares if he was home by 10? Who cares if he was drinking water? More to the point what the hell was he doing in a nightclub?? To me that shows a complete lack of professionalism interest and hunger to be the very best. Let alone complete lack of focus on what was a massively important game for us.

As long as it's cool with you though then that's fine. I guess any fan who assumes a player might actually care or want to prepare properly for a game is a tosser then.

Ah yes, of course. He is a tosser for expecting a professional footballer representing the club he supports not to be in a night club on the eve of a massive derby game for us.

Are you Wes Burns personal minder? If he was in a nightclub who cares if he was home by 10? Who cares if he was drinking water? More to the point what the hell was he doing in a nightclub?? To me that shows a complete lack of professionalism interest and hunger to be the very best. Let alone complete lack of focus on what was a massively important game for us.

As long as it's cool with you though then that's fine. I guess any fan who assumes a player might actually care or want to prepare properly for a game is a tosser then.

Have you not worked out who he is yet ?

A second year scholar earning peanuts is accused of driving an expensive car and being in a nightclub

Pathetic

Well to be fair he said getting into a car, nowt about driving or owning it. He could be feeling sick because he would like to own a brand new car. So you have made a load of assumptions and laid into him. Also he said he saw him in a club and named it. He was questioning if that was allowed 24 hours before a game, he has not mentioned drinking or anything like that.

Pathetic

Everything said is conjecture - no one has any more reason to believe what you said anymore than what Jordan said - the only fact we as forum readers know is, that you demanded an apology from someone for not doing doing something that he had in fact done.

Anyway maybe the thread can move on - nothing to be gained from talking about one of our youngsters pay / habits

Pretty certain he's Wes' father.

Also, not sure I agree with you if the following things are true a) he wasn't drinking, b) he wasn't out too late. I don't really see the difference between being out sober and going early and staying up late to watch a film/play FIFA, etc.

I agree it doesn't appear professional, but he's an adult and can spend his free time however he pleases and as far as I can see he hasn't done anything that could harm the club, the player or his ability to perform!

Feels odd to disagree, Tayls.

Anyway, time to get a bit drunk :)

Pretty certain he's Wes' father.

Also, not sure I agree with you if the following things are true a) he wasn't drinking, b) he wasn't out too late. I don't really see the difference between being out sober and going early and staying up late to watch a film/play FIFA, etc.

I agree it doesn't appear professional, but he's an adult and can spend his free time however he pleases and as far as I can see he hasn't done anything that could harm the club, the player or his ability to perform!

Feels odd to disagree, Tayls.

Anyway, time to get a bit drunk :)

Glad I'm not the only one !

Archived