IGNORED

Mrs Thatcher Dead

glynriley

Just got home, and was greeted with the news "Guess what? Ding, dong, the wicked witch is dead." My first guess was Thatcher. Not someone I mourn the loss of.

Big difference not mourning and partying.

Biggest surprise Nibor. Used to respect, even though disagreed with some things he said.

Now well what can you say. Party because someone died that he held different views to. Same goes for others that said it.

Utterly moronic and completely sick.

Big difference not mourning and partying.

Biggest surprise Nibor. Used to respect, even though disagreed with some things he said.

Now well what can you say. Party because someone died that he held different views to. Same goes for others that said it.

Utterly moronic and completely sick.

No sense of humour

As far as I'm aware my mother hasn't screwed anyone over on this forum in order for her death to be greeted with such divided opinion

My father died of a heart attack at 51, if I was offended every time I've heard 'I nearly had a heart attack' since that day then I'd probably need to grow a set

I'm not rejoicing in her death, but I won't be shedding any tears. As long as that's ok with everyone else on here? No? Ah well........

Not in my book. The Belgrano was a serious threat and deliberately sailing in and out of the defensive zone around the islands. Posturing and possessing a real danger to British aircraft and ships. Sinking her sent a very loud 'don't mess with us' message to Galtieri and his Junta and the effect on the Argentinian public was hugely demoralising and a major part of regaining the islands.

Presumably your book is the Conservative Party Manifesto of 1983. Diana Gould faced up to her on television and found her out for the liar she was. If the sinking of the Belgrano was so honorable, why did Thatcher need to lie about it?

As far as I'm aware my mother hasn't screwed anyone over on this forum in order for her death to be greeted with such divided opinion

My father died of a heart attack at 51, if I was offended every time I've heard 'I nearly had a heart attack' since that day then I'd probably need to grow a set

I'm not rejoicing in her death, but I won't be shedding any tears. As long as that's ok with everyone else on here? No? Ah well........

Perfectly fine my friend, I and several others just find some of the posts by so called well known 'humanitarians' on this forum about this matter a little rich.

How much is the fancy funeral going to cost then. More taxpayers money on a woman who took it all from the working class, it's all about political and socio-economic status but i can't see how she should be so reveered in death as she was always the boogeyman of british politics and created the divide we now find ourselves in.

How much is the fancy funeral going to cost then. More taxpayers money on a woman who took it all from the working class, it's all about political and socio-economic status but i can't see how she should be so reveered in death as she was always the boogeyman of british politics and created the divide we now find ourselves in.

and new labour widened.

Presumably your book is the Conservative Party Manifesto of 1983. Diana Gould faced up to her on television and found her out for the liar she was. If the sinking of the Belgrano was so honorable, why did Thatcher need to lie about it?

Because it was a cruise ship full of disadvantaged Argentinian orphans?

Why let them invade in the first place,they threatened to invade in the seventies and we sent one royal navy ship to patrol the area and they backed down.

A stronger Naval presence down there would certainly have prevented what happened, not least by strengthening Lord Carrington's hand in the talks he was involved in with the Argentinian junta at the time.

The 1981 Defence Review intended that the Antartic Survey vessel HMS Endurance (our only ship based in Port Stanley) be withdrawn from service despite clear warnings that this would embolden Galtieri in his invasion plans.

In the event Galtieri didn't even wait for its recall and went into South Georgia anyway and, in response, Thatcher sent the Task Force that won her the next election.

How many lives sacrificed to political ambition?

Perfectly fine my friend, I and several others just find some of the posts by so called well known 'humanitarians' on this forum about this matter a little rich.

To be expected Esmond - it's the world we live in nowadays

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and lets be honest if we can fall out about City, who we all care about, then we've got no chance of being mates and agreeing on politics!

Will there be a state funeral?

You can bank on it. The state and all politicians since love her. In fact I'd say all politics since had been a continuation of Maggie's spiteful policies.

How anyone can look back and admire what she did is beyond me. Poll Tax, destruction of communities/individual's lives and the privatisation of utilities have all been reprehensible in my opinion.

Each to their own politically wise etc, but what will piss me off will be the uneven media coverage glorifying in her wonderful achievements, which we can expect for the next month or so.

Why did Blair lie about WMD in Iraq? a country he claims is now a safer place, where in an average week more people than were killed on the Belgrano are being murdered.

I believe it has been decided fairly recently that there will be.

You can bank on it.

She was granted one: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1034634/Lady-Thatcher-honoured-State-funeral.html

But at her request, she will have a ceremonial one - "She will not have a state funeral but will be accorded the same status as Princess Diana and the Queen Mother." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22067155

Cheering for an old lady's death is down right sick. No other way to put it!

She did many wrongs but also many rights, but being PM for that many years, that's bound to happen. After all we are all human. RIP Maggie T

I don't think anyone is reveering her... Personally I have no Political positive or negative views on her. I just think respect should be shown. She was after all elected in, by a majority vote in this Country by 'the people'... the longest serving British Prime Minister.

Whether we agree with her deeds or views...she was no Hitler or Hussain. The very working class people who went to war during WW2 for our freedom would show respect... something this Country has lost. A person of her character and strength is missing big time in British Politics. We wouldn't be in the mess we are now for sure.

Archived