IGNORED

Retained List

Bcfc24

As barrs court mentioned on another thread, I have never disliked a squad of city players like this before...

The thought of Kilkenny, Pearson and Fontaine lording it up in league 1 fills me with rage.

Ain't that the point, we talk about clear outs but there'll always be a rump of dross here. Remember we all thought del had clear out, getting shot of hunt, Stewart etc last year....

You are going to be upset of you think any player under contract apart from albert are going to leave

No one will want to buy that dross and even if we offer them for free no one will match their bloated contracts,

We are stuck with them until their over bloated contracts expire and the is nothing sod or any of the new Board can do about that and you can thank sexton Millen and mcinnes for that

You are going to be upset of you think any player under contract apart from albert are going to leave

No one will want to buy that dross and even if we offer them for free no one will match their bloated contracts,

We are stuck with them until their over bloated contracts expire and the is nothing sod or any of the new Board can do about that and you can thank sexton Millen and mcinnes for that

Couldn't agree more.

I would love the likes of Kilkenny, Pearson, Fontaine, J Wilson, Foster etc to be moved on but surely there is no club stupid enough to actually pay a fee for those clowns?

Couldn't agree more.

I would love the likes of Kilkenny, Pearson, Fontaine, J Wilson, Foster etc to be moved on but surely there is no club stupid enough to actually pay a fee for those clowns?

Yeah the sad truth is if you lined up the out of contract players vs. the ones contracted.... Well the OOC one are probably better, at least equally average!

If we're stuck with "killa" Pearson kelly and Reid as our central midfielders then god help us. Not a single tackle will be made! I think Marv is still under contract, at least he can win a ball or two.

There you have it, the problem in a nutshell, 5 players under contract, noone else will want them, we won't be able to afford more - so that's your exciting, improved, midfield for next year.

The only way forward is, surely, to pay off the likes of Killkenny and Pearson (hopefully that doesn't count as wages in the new rule book).

I think Heaton, Skuse, Nyatanga will be offered new contracts. Heaton will accept, Skuse will bugger off and Nyatanga will take a while to decide and then finally accept.

No one will be transfer listed with the exception of Adomah if he doesn't want to pen another few years.

Yeah the sad truth is if you lined up the out of contract players vs. the ones contracted.... Well the OOC one are probably better, at least equally average!

If we're stuck with "killa" Pearson kelly and Reid as our central midfielders then god help us. Not a single tackle will be made! I think Marv is still under contract, at least he can win a ball or two.

There you have it, the problem in a nutshell, 5 players under contract, noone else will want them, we won't be able to afford more - so that's your exciting, improved, midfield for next year.

The only way forward is, surely, to pay off the likes of Killkenny and Pearson (hopefully that doesn't count as wages in the new rule book).

Yeah I think there are more OCC players that we would like to keep than in contract.

Thankfully most are not contracted beyond 2014.

I think Heaton, Skuse, Nyatanga will be offered new contracts. Heaton will accept, Skuse will bugger off and Nyatanga will take a while to decide and then finally accept.

No one will be transfer listed with the exception of Adomah if he doesn't want to pen another few years.

why transfer list adomah? if he wants to leave, which he should, he should amke a transfer request himself, otherwise city have to pay up the rest of his contract

why transfer list adomah? if he wants to leave, which he should, he should amke a transfer request himself, otherwise city have to pay up the rest of his contract

Aye, anyway we will not need to transfer list him he is out most sellable assist and will attract plenty of interest as will Davies who can score at championship level as will Fontaine who has a future role in the circus as a

Clown

Davies, Adomah, Fontaine, Pearson, Kilkenny, Baldock, Foster, Eliott

7 players I never want to see in a City shirt again, will take any offers for any of them and personally the sooner they are moved on the better

7 players I never want to see in a City shirt again, will take any offers for any of them and personally the sooner they are moved on the better

You sound like you want these out ASAP. Albert who has been marvelous these last few seasons and without him would have been down 2 seasons ago. I agree he should go but only for an really good fee.

You want another Nicky Maynard situation do you? If he signs a new contract then great, if not - transfer list him or we'll end up with nothing.

You want another Nicky Maynard situation do you? If he signs a new contract then great, if not - transfer list him or we'll end up with nothing.

Transfer listing need to be an aggressive thing. You just call in Albert and thank him for every thing he has done, but that his career would benefit him leaving and we need the money. He will say thank you for the time at the club, and talk o his agent to engineer a move.

I'm pleased to see you have wasted no time adding Reid to the hate list!

No pressure then Sean - you have five weeks from the first of July to find clubs willing to match or better the wages of your eight highest-paid contracted players - and then sign eight better players to replace them and another eight to replace the out-of-contract players by offering less than half the wages and with only one incoming transfer fee to spend. Just to make it interesting the SCMP will mean that you cannot register the replacement players until the outgoing players have been registered elsewhere and if season ticket sales are poor you may not be able to register any new players at all.

Finally, if you can create a winning team from the sixteen incoming free transfers by the first Saturday in August you can keep your job until Christmas.

but don't panic - no-one is expecting you to beat Newport County in the first round of the League Cup

Based on what sod has said about the OOC players, he wants to keep five of them. So 7 will definately be released, and out of the 5, I can only see nyatanga and Heaton signing. Skuse, stead and gerken will leave. That's now 10 that will leave.

This forms the basis of the retained list if anyone has a list of the OOC players.

With these 10 players gone, it will bring our wages spent within the budget limit with room for a couple more to come in.

With the sale of Albert and Davies thrown in to the mix, that will allow for even more wages and money to be spent. Until they are sold however, sod is willing to keep them for the next campaign

Transfer listing need to be an aggressive thing. You just call in Albert and thank him for every thing he has done, but that his career would benefit him leaving and we need the money. He will say thank you for the time at the club, and talk o his agent to engineer a move.

I assume you mean "ruthless" or "proactive" rather than "aggressive"?

The truth is that both retained lists and transfer lists have lost their significance in recent years as the players themselves have gained greater control post-Bosman

There is really nothing to be gained from publicly stating that all of our players are available to anyone who can match or better their wages and that with the exception of Albert, Greg and Sammy a nominal transfer fee will do the trick. Like most of us on here the entire football market will well be aware that this is the case anyway and the cherry-picking will commence.

Although it seems that many on here would like SO'D to say publicly that only three or four of them feature in his plans - this will not provide any great assistance in getting rid and will simply create an additional motivational challenge come August and provide another stick for supporters to beat the club with when player turnover fails to reach the completely unrealistic level contended for.

Only a fool would publicly devalue an owned "asset" which he/she is seeking to dispose of - so Sean why are you looking to sell your house/car? - oh because it's a shithole/heap, why do you think?

I agree with SoD when he said that the retained list is all of those players still under contract and there is no point in telling someone they are surplus to requirements because then they just don't do anything.

Based on what sod has said about the OOC players, he wants to keep five of them. So 7 will definately be released, and out of the 5, I can only see nyatanga and Heaton signing. Skuse, stead and gerken will leave. That's now 10 that will leave.

This forms the basis of the retained list if anyone has a list of the OOC players.

With these 10 players gone, it will bring our wages spent within the budget limit with room for a couple more to come in.

With the sale of Albert and Davies thrown in to the mix, that will allow for even more wages and money to be spent. Until they are sold however, sod is willing to keep them for the next campaign

Again absolutely no need to publish any lists

Some of the 12 will know already there is something on offer if all else fails - others will know there is not. The football market knows that all 12 are available on a free - what more does anyone need to know?

I can see Gerkin signing (if offered and Heaton does not sign) because he is unlikely to be offered better and is (I assume) settled in the area

I think Heaton is less likely to sign because better alternatives are more likely. I believe Nyatanga will have a number of options involving a cut from current wages but a lot more than we will be able to offer.

I'm pleased to see you have wasted no time adding Reid to the hate list!

I haven't added Reid to a "hate list". Try re-reading without some strange agenda.

I've listed our contracted central midfielders and said they won't win a tackle. If we end up playing any combination of Reid Kilkenny Kelly and Pearson in a 2 man midfield we will be over run. That doesn't mean any of them are bad players but you need someone who can win a ball (unless we are soo much better than L1 that we will never lose the ball!).

That's why I also mentioned Elliott, whether people like him or not, as he's contracted, he's a dead-cert starter for next season (unless a Champ club comes in for him, in which case he'll need replacing).

I haven't added Reid to a "hate list". Try re-reading without some strange agenda.

I've listed our contracted central midfielders and said they won't win a tackle. If we end up playing any combination of Reid Kilkenny Kelly and Pearson in a 2 man midfield we will be over run. That doesn't mean any of them are bad players but you need someone who can win a ball (unless we are soo much better than L1 that we will never lose the ball!).

That's why I also mentioned Elliott, whether people like him or not, as he's contracted, he's a dead-cert starter for next season (unless a Champ club comes in for him, in which case he'll need replacing).

Very pleased to hear it - no strange agendas here - perhaps I just read too much from the context rather than the literal - if so I apologise.

I would hope that Kilkenny, Kelly and Pearson could all do a decent job in League 1 but it is not much more than hope based on evidence to date. A much fiiter Marvin than we have seen for much of this season could be vital.

no, but i suspect we'll get a number of offers for albert either way

everyone knows he's available. people know our situation, financially and with relegation. if we transfer list him, we have to pay up the rest of his contract. if we wait for offers, then we can wait til he's found something he likes, then tell him he can go if he submits a transfer request and thus waives his right to the rest of his contract payment

its simple financial sense to put the onus on the player, in a case where there will be interest either way

Archived