IGNORED

Retained List

Bcfc24

no, but i suspect we'll get a number of offers for albert either way

everyone knows he's available. people know our situation, financially and with relegation. if we transfer list him, we have to pay up the rest of his contract. if we wait for offers, then we can wait til he's found something he likes, then tell him he can go if he submits a transfer request and thus waives his right to the rest of his contract payment

its simple financial sense to put the onus on the player, in a case where there will be interest either way

Very well. I still think we should at least offer him a new contract and see what he wants to do.

We keep on getting threads on the retained list and then someone points out that so and so is actually still under contract.

I know we've had this over and over again, but there always seems to be some confusion.

Can anyone give an absolutely definitive list of all those players out of contract? :dunno:

We keep on getting threads on the retained list and then someone points out that so and so is actually still under contract.

I know we've had this over and over again, but there always seems to be some confusion.

Can anyone give an absolutely definitive list of all those players out of contract? :dunno:

I can't say it is definitive but believe it to be all 3 keepers, Heaton, Gerken, Lewis Carey plus Mark Wilson, Louis Carey, Nyatanga, Bates, Skuse, Howard, Stead, Amadi-Holloway plus youngsters Battersby and King.

I also haven't seen anything yet about Toby Ajala signing a deal, he was one of six who were offered 6 month contract to bolster the U21s.

I can't say it is definitive but believe it to be all 3 keepers, Heaton, Gerken, Lewis Carey plus Mark Wilson, Louis Carey, Nyatanga, Bates, Skuse, Howard, Stead, Amadi-Holloway plus youngsters Battersby and King.

I also haven't seen anything yet about Toby Ajala signing a deal, he was one of six who were offered 6 month contract to bolster the U21s.

Thanks for the addition of the 2 youngsters Graham.

Do you reckon there's any future for Battersby and King?

Ooc

Gerken

Heaton

L Carey

L Carey

Nyatanga

Bates

M Wilson

Amadi-Holloway

Skuse

Howard

Stead

And despite some confusion Elliott does have another year on his

So two of the worst players will still be here: Fontaine, Elliott ...deep ****** joy.

Thanks for the addition of the 2 youngsters Graham.

Do you reckon there's any future for Battersby and King?

Doubt it.

Both are full backs, Battersby's a 20 year old (ex- Bolton) right back and King an Aussie left back (19, I think) who we got from Stoke, though we did give midfielder Luke Dobie a contract for next season and he hasn't featured with the first team at all, so we'll see.

If that is the OOC list then my prediction - based on SOD's comments - and recent team selections is:

Gerken will be Released
Heaton will be made an offer and will accept
L Carey will be Released
L Carey will be released
Nyatanga will be made an offer and will accept
Bates will be released
M Wilson will be released
Amadi-Holloway will be released
Skuse will be made an offer but will move on
Howard will be released
Stead will be made an offer but will move on

SOD has already said that all the contracted players will be "retained" as there is no point transfer listing anybody under contract as he won't then get anything from the player - as a realist SOD will work with all the contracted players until someone puts in a bid .

Giving a contracted squad of:

GK Heaton

DEF Moloney Cunningham Wilson J Fontaine Nyatanga Foster

MID Elliott Reid Kelly Kilkenny Bryan Pearson Albert Anderson

FWD Burns Taylor Baldock Davies

Of those 19 offers MAY come in for Albert (almost certainly) and Baldock (possibly).

That will leave 17/18 plus whoever SOD can sign (4 or 5 to come in ??)

A lot will be disappointed there isn't a mass clearout but contracts are contracts and what we want and what we CAN do are different.

Personally I don't think anyone will offer cash for Pearson Kilkenny Foster Wilson Fontaine (the ones most fans want to go) as there will be so many released players from the NPC & L1 available for nothing due to the FFP & Salary Cap.

I don't know if people realise how long and drawn out contract negotiations are. I must admit I used to think they stated around the end of the season for players we wanted to keep, or once we knew what our league status would be at least. I know for a fact that one player has had a contract offered back in August/September, ie firstly by Del then by SoD.

I guess there are other players in this situation too. I also think that it has been a long time to think things over and if a deal was likely to happen it would have been signed by now, therefore at least one player has made up his mind and has said his goodbyes.

I don't know if people realise how long and drawn out contract negotiations are. I must admit I used to think they stated around the end of the season for players we wanted to keep, or once we knew what our league status would be at least. I know for a fact that one player has had a contract offered back in August/September, ie firstly by Del then by SoD.

I guess there are other players in this situation too. I also think that it has been a long time to think things over and if a deal was likely to happen it would have been signed by now, therefore at least one player has made up his mind and has said his goodbyes.

Come on RedM, you can tell us who.

Great post Code Red, I agree with 99% of it.

My only differences being that I think Davies will go but Baldock will stay and that Nyatanga will turn his contract offer down.

As for the player who has said his goodbyes I think that's pretty obvious, really.

I'm interested to see where he plays next. I just wanted people to realise when they say offer player x a contract that the club possibly have, months ago. Players have been approached by other clubs, and some have quite a choice of where to play next.

Therefore if our OOC players are considering deals from other clubs then I would hope our rebuilding is well under way and we have made offers to new players too.

Drove back up the M1 yesterday I believe.

I'm rubbish with motorways, so I googled it and saw it goes to Leeds. Sorry to tell you this, but it's not Kilkenny I know about !!!

Damn, damn, damn.

You can always hope Steady gave him a lift. :)

Looking at the hugs and embraces between o'kelly and adomah at the end of the game saturday,

The deal on adomah looks a done deal to me, they were definitely saying their goodbyes.

Did anybody else see this ?

Plus he really laboured his goodbye to the fans

Looking at the hugs and embraces between o'kelly and adomah at the end of the game saturday,

The deal on adomah looks a done deal to me, they were definitely saying their goodbyes.

Did anybody else see this ?

Plus he really laboured his goodbye to the fans

Good, we will need the Adomah money to rebuild.

am I the only one who could not give two tosses about any player leaving City?

Adomah, Stead, Skuse...not fussed about any of them. Stead was decent since S'OD took over, but people seem to forget how sh*te he was before Christmas. Adomah, still treated like a kid with potential....not a man who is 25 and played 126 games in the Championship.

With Albert, I cant make up my mind whether he will flourish at a club with better coaches, or whether he is destined to have a career where he will have one dynamite game, followed by 6 where he looks like a headless chicken.

Either way, as I said, not bothered if any of them leave as I dont believe there is one player this season aside from Heaton, who has done anything that makes them worthy of playing for us again

Albert's a wonderful player and an entertainer, his goals and assists speak for themselves. He doesn't look out of place in international football so it seems likely he will thrive with better players around him. He'll go of course, and visits to AG will be the poorer for that.

Generally though I agree with you, it is very hard to have any favourites amongst this lot although Cunningham, Moloney and Kelly have all done well and are players we can build a new team around.

My disappointment will be if City fail to take the opportunity to get rid of all the out of contract players who need to leave - Louis Carey for example sounded chipper in his interviews last week and gave every impression he fully expects a new contract. Nothing personal to Louis, but I very much hope he'll be disappointed and the axing of the out of contract players will be thorough, decisive and cold blooded.

"@jonstead9

Driving up the M1 there are plenty of very happy #bradfordcity fans travelling home

"

Doesn't mean the fella is off though, does it! He's going back up to see the family, before going on a lovely holiday I suspect - lucky bloke!

I'm sure that Stead has been offered a new deal, he'll have the usual 30 days to consider (and get other offers no doubt), then we'll find out for sure

Stead moved house 3 weeks ago (oop north) didn't he?

Or was I hearing things...

He may have moved house recently but he's kept a property up north the whole time he's been at city- on the moors between Barnsley and Holmfirth. I agree he'll go though; he'll get no where near as much money from us and if he's taking a pay cut anyway he'll get an offer in the Championship. Good luck to him, but I think it's better for both parties now if he moves on

Archived