IGNORED

Retained List

Bcfc24

i know James Wilson is on £6000 a week,

Cheltenham were interested in taking him on loan but his wages were just to high

You know he is on £6k a week?

How does a player of that standing manage to command that kind of salary. I was thinking more like £1k tops. He's barely kicked a ball in anger anywhere, surely you meant £600 a week?

How does a player of that standing manage to command that kind of salary. I was thinking more like £1k tops. He's barely kicked a ball in anger anywhere, surely you meant £600 a week?

I'm not going to say how I know but he was definitely on £4k two years ago.

Thing is, a signing like this allows us to put more money into the rebuild as we don't have to find a more expensive cover player. It means that instead of two right sided centre halves we need one and can conceivably afford more as a result.

This is true.

A sensible, cost-effective bit of business IMHO.

Pretty sure that's the first time I've said that about City... long may it continue!!!

I'm not going to say how I know but he was definitely on £4k two years ago.

Bloody hell! He will have been paid a million pounds by the time his 5 yr deal is up, and people complain about Carey and wonder how we are so financially knackered.

How much per game will that work out? 50k!??!?

Screech,

I have no knowledge about Wilson's salary, but unfortunately it would not surprise me if it were true. If we had sight of the actual wages of our squadI I suspect that we would be dumfounded and then little surprised that the club has got into the financial position is has.

Even though we will suffer as a result of ffp implications in league 1, I hope one positive from it all is that the club grow some balls when negotiating with players and agent because they now have no option. If all clubs do the same, then we might at least see some sanity return to players wages. Till now I think the board attended the Tim Nice but Dim school of negotiating

I have no problem with good players earning good wages. the problem seems to have been that average and poor players are paid good wages, but rarely earn them.

osted 42 minutes ago

dziekanowski, on 08 May 2013 - 3:40 PM, said:snapback.png

i know James Wilson is on £6000 a week,

Cheltenham were interested in taking him on loan but his wages were just to high

Even though you've said you 'know', I still don't believe it, and nothing but his wage slip could convince me, that is ludicrously over estimated imo.

The reason i know is i'm good friends with a local non league who used to play for Cheltenham and still speaks to the management on a regular basis. - only going by what i was told

Dean Gerken, £5,750

Lewis Carey, £850 (positive it's correct)

Mark Wilson, £4,500

Matt Bates, £12,000

Brian Howard, £2,500 (positive it's correct)

Cole Skuse, £16,000

Jon Stead. £17,000

I know Brett Pitman was on £8,000.

Sam Baldock is on 16,000 and Marvin is on a staggering £11,000 p/w.

Baldock is not of 16k a week mcinnes and the board have both said that the new players who came in this season were not on as much as the ones here

Also add to that the massive relegation reduction clauses they have I would think starting next season both he and Elliot will be on 5k a week

osted 42 minutes ago

dziekanowski, on 08 May 2013 - 3:40 PM, said:snapback.png

Even though you've said you 'know', I still don't believe it, and nothing but his wage slip could convince me, that is ludicrously over estimated imo.

The reason i know is i'm good friends with a local non league who used to play for Cheltenham and still speaks to the management on a regular basis. - only going by what i was told

I wasn't knocking you personally, and apologies if it came across that way, I'm just saying that I wouldn't believe that unless it was proven to me, because it seems like far too much, as I also don't believe that he was on 4K two years ago as someone else has suggested, simply because it doesn't sound right. Maybe the information you and others have recieved is the persons income, sponsors, bonuses etc included, I find it difficult to accept that that would be their basic salary.

Baldock is not of 16k a week mcinnes and the board have both said that the new players who came in this season were not on as much as the ones here

Also add to that the massive relegation reduction clauses they have I would think starting next season both he and Elliot will be on 5k a week

You moan at people saying their facts are wrong, then make up one yourself.

I promise you Marvin Elliot will not be on 5k next season.

I wasn't knocking you personally, and apologies if it came across that way, I'm just saying that I wouldn't believe that unless it was proven to me, because it seems like far too much, as I also don't believe that he was on 4K two years ago as someone else has suggested, simply because it doesn't sound right. Maybe the information you and others have recieved is the persons income, sponsors, bonuses etc included, I find it difficult to accept that that would be their basic salary.

I know another one of the other players from our academy was on that much before they left without being a first team regular. I'd have thought it was true imo.

I have no reason to believe the numbers quoted on this thread are correct but we did manage to burn £17M on wages in 2011-12 which suggests that >£10K/week was the norm rather than the exception among first-team regulars!

The Baldock figure is somewhat higher than we might have hoped but still certainly lower than Stead, Maynard and James and quite possibly lower than Stewart and Hunt - therefore DMcI could rightly claim as he did.

Given that Marvin has been a first-team regular since his arrival in 2008 there is no reason to be surprised that his salary increased in line with Skuse and hence £11K/wk, although staggering, is believable.

None of us know what reductions are in place for relegation. On one hand they must be significant if Sean's 88% is to be believed but on the other hand I find it hard to believe any established Championship player would have agreed to more than 25%. In any event we can be pretty sure that if Baldock and Elliott started at £16K and £11K their 3rd division rate will be well in excess of £5K - probably more like £12K and £8K I would have thought. The thing is if they are still here in August we will need them to earn it next season!

Forgive me if this has been said already but I wouldn't let Carey (and Heaton) near our team ever again after what I saw them do at Charlton on saturday.

Bobby Reid has just got one back and we are starting to get within reach of an equaliser.

Prat Heaton rolls the ball out to Carey when he shouldn't have.

Prat Carey doesn't know what to do so he tries to pass back to Heaton and misjudges the weight of the pass. As a result Charlton get their third and we are sunk again.

Did Burt see the video of the game? If he did and has still put Carey and Heaton forward for the list, then there's a massive question mark over him.

None of us know what reductions are in place for relegation. On one hand they must be significant if Sean's 88% is to be believed but on the other hand I find it hard to believe any established Championship player would have agreed to more than 25%. In any event we can be pretty sure that if Baldock and Elliott started at £16K and £11K their 3rd division rate will be well in excess of £5K - probably more like £12K and £8K I would have thought. The thing is if they are still here in August we will need them to earn it next season!

The reductions are comfortably more than 25% so say...

I thought the club confirmed the reductions in contracts with relegation clauses were around 50%?

Can't remember whether it was S'OD on the radio interview or Jon Landsdown.

Forgive me if this has been said already but I wouldn't let Carey (and Heaton) near our team ever again after what I saw them do at Charlton on saturday.

Bobby Reid has just got one back and we are starting to get within reach of an equaliser.

Prat Heaton rolls the ball out to Carey when he shouldn't have.

Prat Carey doesn't know what to do so he tries to pass back to Heaton and misjudges the weight of the pass. As a result Charlton get their third and we are sunk again.

Did Burt see the video of the game? If he did and has still put Carey and Heaton forward for the list, then there's a massive question mark over him.

Yeah you're right. Anyone responsible for us conceding a goal should not be retained. While we are at it anyone who misses a sitter should be transfer listed or sacked or maybe put in stocks in the centre circle.

I don't buy this idea that Nyatanga improved. He didn't really. He still looked like a rabbit in headlights on the ball, he still lost his marker too often and got left for dead and manhandled, and he was part of the worst defence in the division by a country mile. All the things Derby fans told us really. The only saving grace for Nyatanga was that at times Fontaine looked worse. As much as I like S. O'D I think he has this one wrong and he isn't going to suddenly turn a poor player with several hundred games under his belt into a useful one.

Here's a prediction for you: I think Nyatanga will continue to be poor next season, and we will regret offering him and Carey (through lack of availability) an extension instead of putting the resources into bringing in two centre halves of higher quality. I'd bet on Fontaine being a whole lot better next time around as well.

My worry is S'OD's love in with Kilkenny. The guy only knows how to pass it sides ways or back. Loses the ball in vital areas many times a game. And S'OD comes off the field singing his praises..

If he is going to build his team around KilKenny I think we are in for a midtable finish.

What Kilkenny actually does is, keeps the ball.

Shame we haven't got a few more that can do that.

Nyatanga has been part of a struggling defence since he's been here.

In each of his 4 seasons, he's started 33 games, 20 games, 30 games and 19 games.

In 102 starts for us, I've not been convinced, and I would like to hear from anyone who has?

For some reason people are claiming he's been our best defender recently - when in fact that is no great shakes.

Since SOD arrived, Nyatanga has started in 4 victories, 4 draws and 8 defeats, conceding 23 goals.

Yes, he was part of the team that managed to convince us all they were going to put a fight in to stay up, but now I think we all know that 9 game spell was simply down to the usual new manager bounce effect. No-one will convince me that Nyatanga has played well in any more than 10 or so of his 102 starts with this club. For me, he doesn't deserve a new deal to be offered - he is one of the players we really should have taken the opportunity to move on.

As for Carey, well I must admit to being shocked by this one too. Did anyone actually see how slow he was v Charlton. Sorry, but he's had it, and we shouldn't be showing any sentiment, he should be gone. I don't think it's relevant that he's only going to be on £850 per week. With Nyatanga probably being offered anything up to £3k per week or maybe more, you could easily replace these 2 with 2 young defenders with potential from lower leagues, probably costing no more than about £1.5k each per week (i.e. less that the total spend on these 2).

This is a waste of £850 per week and a waste of a squad place.

Don't get me wrong, Carey has served BCFC well, but it ought to be time to move on - there is no time like the present.

As for Nyatanga, again, I challenge anyone to tell me that they've been convinced about the bloke over his 4 seasons with us. I've never heard a good word to say about him on here until it was leaked last week that we might offer him a deal, then all of a sudden he's everyone's favourite!!

Archived