IGNORED

Best Keeper You Have Seen Play For City?

Taylor10

Has to be Jan Moller. A Man Mountain.

Mike Gibson behind him. I was only young when he was number one,

Also remember Mark Prudhoe, who came on loan from Carlisle I think(?). Seemed to bring the ball out almost to the half way line before chipping up field.

Probably memories playing tricks with my mind.

Len Bond was another Keeper who could've played more games than he did. Wasn't he third choice behind Cashley and Shaw?

I'm not talking the best ever here, but we have had 2 England international keepers (that I can think of) one is the obvious, David James. The other only ever played one game, was outstanding and it was potentially the defining result for our destiny that season and I was there. Great weekend....! Name that man...... It's not a hard one.

Jan Moller, without a shadow of a doubt. I've never seen anyone as dominant in goal for city. Tall, agile, good with crosses and shot stopping. Don't remember about distribution so much as we only had Harford as a release for him. I remember him once saving a one on one situation and chasing down the striker while on his hands and knees while making about four stops from the edge of the box to the goal line.

Thought about this all day, Moller for me, too.

john ruddy bar bs3

do I win a tenner?

No, just the smug satisfaction of being correct. I assume you were also there..? Opponents, score and scorers.....?

And will be interesting to see if you have one outstanding memory of that game. I do, it's rarely mentioned, but it was so good that I felt compelled to ring in a radio phone in after the game to tell people about it.....? I've never seen a replay though, so would love too, to see if it was as good as I remember. Do you know what I'm talking about.....?

No, just the smug satisfaction of being correct. I assume you were also there..? Opponents, score and scorers.....?

And will be interesting to see if you have one outstanding memory of that game. I do, it's rarely mentioned, but it was so good that I felt compelled to ring in a radio phone in after the game to tell people about it.....? I've never seen a replay though, so would love too, to see if it was as good as I remember. Do you know what I'm talking about.....?

Carlisle United away, we won 3-1, McCombe, Showumni and Orr, would you one abiding memory of the game be McCombe's sliding tackle in the second half?

Carlisle United away, we won 3-1, McCombe, Showumni and Orr, would you one abiding memory of the game be McCombe's sliding tackle in the second half?

Correct on all counts! Have you ever seen a reply of "that tackle"? Was it as good as I saw it and remember it..?

I always think Bobby Moore Vs Pele, but better..!

Correct on all counts! Have you ever seen a reply of "that tackle"? Was it as good as I saw it and remember it..?

I always think Bobby Moore Vs Pele, but better..!

It's on the And Now You're Gonna Believe Us DVD, it was superb. That was one of the best away days I've ever had, and the longest!

It's on the And Now You're Gonna Believe Us DVD, it was superb. That was one of the best away days I've ever had, and the longest!

Oh right, great! I've never seen it. It will be worth buying it just for that few seconds of defensive masterclass.

See you up there again next season then mate...!

For me it's Basso. Our defence was best with him in goal due to the fact they were confident in his ability! Remember he was voted the best goalkeeper outside the premier league as well by 442 magazine! The man had everything and when he left I was actually upset! Gerken was quite good as well to be fair! Didn't ever do much wrong! I'd have Tom Heaton up near the top but he let in too many goals for my liking, poor defence or no poor defence, he still let in too many!

has to be gibo for me.would never be a keeper today,far to small.

can you imagine the keepers now playing without gloves on! they would have a panic attack!

moller was great,and then welchy. never a big fan of cashley,prefered john shaw.

gibson jumping to touch the crossbar(he could just reach!) in front of the east end before every game,well i can still see him now!

Archived