IGNORED

Best Keeper You Have Seen Play For City?

Taylor10

Also Ronnie Sinclair!

Played about 40 games for us over 3 seasons and was sold for about 20k to stoke I think.

Have people been on the sherry today!

Aye. But he gets credit for the season we went up. And more importantly one of the best names we ever had play for us.

Ronald Mcdonald Sinclair. I shit you not! :)

Basso for me, as much for the seasons as Southvillekiddy stated.

He was bit of a character too with his over flamboyant saves.

We won't see the likes of him again for a while.

I like the way he turned up in the uk with nothing, bumming around late in his career trying to get a break.

Takes a certain amount of balls at that age. Will always have good memories of Basso. A character. And a defence organiser we have not replaced.

Basso made to many howlers for me and IMO not in the same class as Mercer.

Not a popular view I know!!

The games I did get to see during his time, he always seemed to make an expensive mistake.

I can see why his personality and acrobatics made him a favourite with the fans though,

I was also was too young to see Moller. Did he play in the European cup final for Malmo against Forest?

Best keeper for me all round was probably Basso. The best individual performance was from Keith Welch away at Sunderland and the stadium of light in a 1-1 draw. Sunderland were romping the league at the time and he kept the score down with some stunning saves. Soren Anderson scored a late equaliser.

Yes moller playd for malmo. Definatly the best iv seen for us. I liked bass. He was great with the crowd and epitomised the spirit the team +the club had at the time. No doubting his ability but he had glaring errors in him +I also felt that he made some of his saves look more difficult than they were. He's up their but I think that most people who saw them both play for us will say that moller was the better keeper!

Jan Moller, without a shadow of a doubt. I've never seen anyone as dominant in goal for city. Tall, agile, good with crosses and shot stopping. Don't remember about distribution so much as we only had Harford as a release for him. I remember him once saving a one on one situation and chasing down the striker while on his hands and knees while making about four stops from the edge of the box to the goal line.

On the flip side how about rubbish keepers who playd for city? I'm struggling on that. Some might say hooper but that would be harsh as he only playd a couple of times +went on to have a decent career!

Gerken is the worst I've seen, even worse than Sinclair

Archived