IGNORED

Best Keeper You Have Seen Play For City?

Taylor10

We have had many fine goalkeepers over the years, and most of them mentioned. But if I had to pick one it would be Mike Gibson. I always remember one save against Frank Worthington. The ball was curling and flying into the top left corner, when somehow Mike jumped higher than his 5' 10'', stretched out and pushed the ball out for a corner, wonder save.

Just to show my age what about Bob Anderson and Tony Cook.

We have had many fine goalkeepers over the years, and most of them mentioned. But if I had to pick one it would be Mike Gibson. I always remember one save against Frank Worthington. The ball was curling and flying into the top left corner, when somehow Mike jumped higher than his 5' 10'', stretched out and pushed the ball out for a corner, wonder save.

Just to show my age what about Bob Anderson and Tony Cook.

frankie worthinton produced the best bit of skill i ever seen down the gate.

playing for leiester, a throw in level with our penelty area,he took the ball on his chest around his marker,lob volleyed the ball over gary collier,then did the same to norman hunter.he was now edge of the box central.the ball hasent touched the deck from the throw in,he then volleyed the ball over john shaw,

it hit the bar,shaw turned and caught the rebound.

dont make players like him anymore!

frankie worthinton produced the best bit of skill i ever seen down the gate.

playing for leiester, a throw in level with our penelty area,he took the ball on his chest around his marker,lob volleyed the ball over gary collier,then did the same to norman hunter.he was now edge of the box central.the ball hasent touched the deck from the throw in,he then volleyed the ball over john shaw,

it hit the bar,shaw turned and caught the rebound.

dont make players like him anymore!

Shot off target then. What a waste of time. They should have lumped the throw in straight into the box in the first place ala stoke..! ;)

Archived