IGNORED

Jet & Scott Wagstaff Signing Today

eric04

Why do I get the feeling something else is going to happen as well today? Another bid for Albert. A bid for Baldock. A central midfielder going.

if we are signing a right sided midfielder then Albert if off,

If we were signing an out and out striker then Baldock will be off,

Just remember the Baldock rumours started on here with people putting two and two together there is nothing too them

Anderson and Wagstaff seem to be more similar than Adomah and 'Waggy'.

He may not have the pace but he's a good signing for league one; someone to offer assists and chip in with a few goals too.

We wouldn't sign another winger as a replacement for Albert with him still being at the club.

Also, pleased if the JET deal goes through as well. Perhaps inconsistent but we need flair and skill in our team. Not the same player but Noble had a bit of flair about him and look how Elliott played when alongside him? Hopefully it could rejuvenate Marv.

Pretty sure JET did play on the right when Ipswich played us on the opening day a couple of seasons ago. However he didnt really look to comfortable or interested from what I remember. Still contributed in a 3-0 win, which we pretty much handed to them.

He can play on the wing as he has a lot of ability.

He is by no means a natural winger though. He will most likely play at the top of a midfield 3 or just off the striker in a bit of a free role, allowing him the time to get on the ball and create

I would be happy with this against Bradford:

.......................Fielding

Maloney.... Flint.... Williams... Cunningham

........................Wynter.............................

.....Wagstaff.......................Wood.............

..........................JET................................

................Davies......Baldock..................

Don't think wood will be signing for us if SoD's comments are anything to go by

Young attacking players, we want creativity, he brings in creativity!!

We want a commanding CB, he brings in a commanding CB!

Burt, you are a dream.

It really shows that the 'team' isn't just the players on the pitch doesn't it.

We would get ripped apart, can't expect a young unknown DM to do all the defensive work In midfield alone !!

Talking teams I would be very happy with this:

Fielding

Maloney Flint Fontaine Cunningham

Wagstaff Kelly Wynter JET

Baldock Davies

Obviously a very narrow midfield as Wagstaff and JET are wide midfielders not wingers.

Also I'm picking Fontaine due to experience and hoping he gets the form from 2 years ago!

Who is Murambadoro? says we have signed him as well? development squad youngster?

Yes, Ignore this - Seems to be some kind of mess up - Hopefully the moderator of that site will remove it soon :D

--- Back on topic - JET and Wagstaff both fit the bill of what SO'd is after, and I think will improve our midfield and attacking potential. Roll on 5/6 pm when they are probably going to be announced.

Whats been said?

From BP, with comments attributed to SOD.....

"Meanwhile, it appears unlikely City will offer Martin Woods a contract and his trial is expected to come to an end in this week.

A free agent after being released by Doncaster Rovers at the end of last season, the 27-year-old midfielder joined up with City for pre-season training on June 27 and featured in friendly fixtures against Ashton & Backwell United and Clevedon Town.

Although Woods scored in a 2-1 defeat against Clevedon Town at the Hand Stadium on Saturday, O'Driscoll is in no position to offer attractive wages to a player who is 27 and arguably no better than others already on the books.

He said: "Martin has other options and I've advised him to explore those fully.

"I know what I need to know about him as a player and the only question mark is over his fitness.

"It is possible we may be in a position to offer him something, but he will probably only be with us for another few days.""

From BP, with comments attributed to SOD.....

"Meanwhile, it appears unlikely City will offer Martin Woods a contract and his trial is expected to come to an end in this week.

A free agent after being released by Doncaster Rovers at the end of last season, the 27-year-old midfielder joined up with City for pre-season training on June 27 and featured in friendly fixtures against Ashton & Backwell United and Clevedon Town.

Although Woods scored in a 2-1 defeat against Clevedon Town at the Hand Stadium on Saturday, O'Driscoll is in no position to offer attractive wages to a player who is 27 and arguably no better than others already on the books.

He said: "Martin has other options and I've advised him to explore those fully.

"I know what I need to know about him as a player and the only question mark is over his fitness.

"It is possible we may be in a position to offer him something, but he will probably only be with us for another few days.""

Cheers mate,

Must say he did look a class above on Saturday although was obviously playing alongside our "u 21's"

Spent some time on the Ipswich forums this morning getting some general info on JET. Appears he's undoubtedly a talented player who dosnt possess bags of pace or amazing shooting ability, but is very skillful on the ball and very good at spotting 5-20 yard killer passes. Main concern was many couldnt suggest his best position and he wasnt the hard working player, although some said he did improve on this in the last 6months and started showing signs of promise when he had small run in the team.

Why do I feel like we are signing Trundle Mk2?? And is that a bad thing with SOD in charge......

Archived