IGNORED

Marlon Pack

forbespm

He certainly sounds keen to sign. SO'D threw in a bit of caution and mentioned other alternatives. Cant think of many of a similar age, with similar promise having played 170 games that would be on a free. Maybe a bit of kidology with MP's agent perhaps?

100% kidology. Don't want to look too keen when we make that call to Cheltenham.

MP took his time to settle in 1st half but grew as game went on.... like his style ...very smooth on the ball and an eye for the 1st time pass...was fulcrum for several triangular passing moves in the second half...as SOD said he fitted in very nicely thank you very much...

Two concerns,,,,,,,,

1,who is the ball winning tough tackler in midfield without Kelly ?..... it aint Killa or Pack....not their style

2. STRIKERS .........yes they will score of course but they need feeding with crosses and balls in the channels something which let us down a lot today .. they do not seem the type to make a goal from nothing when backs aganst wall for example......

Very pleased with defence though and lets face it still all work in progress

Connor Henderson was seen out in Bristol with Jordan wynter in week maybe he's been on trial here to?

He certainly sounds keen to sign. SO'D threw in a bit of caution and mentioned other alternatives. Cant think of many of a similar age, with similar promise having played 170 games that would be on a free. Maybe a bit of kidology with MP's agent perhaps?

MP took his time to settle in 1st half but grew as game went on.... like his style ...very smooth on the ball and an eye for the 1st time pass...was fulcrum for several triangular passing moves in the second half...as SOD said he fitted in very nicely thank you very much...

Two concerns,,,,,,,,

1,who is the ball winning tough tackler in midfield without Kelly ?..... it aint Killa or Pack....not their style

2. STRIKERS .........yes they will score of course but they need feeding with crosses and balls in the channels something which let us down a lot today .. they do not seem the type to make a goal from nothing when backs aganst wall for example......

Very pleased with defence though and lets face it still all work in progress

Jordan Wynter is the ball winner and will sit in front of the back 4

A fully fit marve will be very useful in lge 1 IMO.

Not unless he has an intelligent midfielder along side him like Skuse who did much of the picking up the pieces from Elliot's bruising but unsophisticated style of play. Without such player Elliot won't be able to play the ODriscoll way. He doesn't have quality or vision to play passing football.

Not unless he has an intelligent midfielder along side him like Skuse who did much of the picking up the pieces from Elliot's bruising but unsophisticated style of play. Without such player Elliot won't be able to play the ODriscoll way. He doesn't have quality or vision to play passing football.

Pack, Kelly, Killkenny, Reid any of those do it for that intelligent midfielder to partner Marv?

Well, just back from Bournemouth and I was incredibly pleased with what I saw.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread (prior to it being turned into a race argument!), I've been a long time admirer of Marlon Pack's ability and have championed him on here several times. Hopefully those who were there today who hadn't seen him play in the flesh before will have witnessed a little bit of what I (and others) have been talking about.

As noted by others already, he kinda cruised his way through the game in his usual unflustered manner, keeping the ball moving, retaining possession well, playing simple balls as well as forcing the play too. He got into his own box to help out and threatened in the opposition box numerous times too, and was unlucky not to be on the scoresheet when Baldocks cut back didn't quite make it's way to him to slot into an empty net. He closed down players, put in some tackles and generally had a very sound all round game.

Essentially as a 'triallist' I personally don't think he could have done much more to impress.

He's 22 years old, incredibly keen to join us, won't break the bank in terms of both fee and wages, no additional cost of having to put him up in a hotel for months while he relocates as he's already local, and is someone who can make a very good name for himself at this club. He's level headed, keen to learn and has a number of years of development still ahead of him. For me it's a no brainer (but then I would say that I suppose).

I know we need another striker and clearly the budget will dictate, but in terms of the Salary Cap, our turnover has been bolstered this week with money coming in for Davies, as well as the saving on his much larger salary. So I'd guess that there should still be plenty left over from the Davies exit to bring in Pack + another striker. Here's hoping anyway.

Not that it matters if MP is black, of course it doesn't. When I first heard his name that's just how I pictured him and seeing the photo posted I was like.. 'Well that was a pretty bad shout but never mind'. Talk about trying to make a big drama out of nothing. As posted before if I said my Bristolian pal 'Jon Van Keef' was coming out for a beer, 9/10 you'd assume he was Dutch. Mountains and Molehills etc

Not that it matters if MP is black, of course it doesn't. When I first heard his name that's just how I pictured him and seeing the photo posted I was like.. 'Well that was a pretty bad shout but never mind'. Talk about trying to make a big drama out of nothing. As posted before if I said my Bristolian pal 'Jon Van Keef' was coming out for a beer, 9/10 you'd assume he was Dutch. Mountains and Molehills etc

He is Dutch though right?

As I mentioned earlier in this thread (prior to it being turned into a race argument!), I've been a long time admirer of Marlon Pack's ability and have championed him on here several times. Hopefully those who were there today who hadn't seen him play in the flesh before will have witnessed a little bit of what I (and others) have been talking about.

As noted by others already, he kinda cruised his way through the game in his usual unflustered manner, keeping the ball moving, retaining possession well, playing simple balls as well as forcing the play too. He got into his own box to help out and threatened in the opposition box numerous times too, and was unlucky not to be on the scoresheet when Baldocks cut back didn't quite make it's way to him to slot into an empty net. He closed down players, put in some tackles and generally had a very sound all round game.

Essentially as a 'triallist' I personally don't think he could have done much more to impress.

He's 22 years old, incredibly keen to join us, won't break the bank in terms of both fee and wages, no additional cost of having to put him up in a hotel for months while he relocates as he's already local, and is someone who can make a very good name for himself at this club. He's level headed, keen to learn and has a number of years of development still ahead of him. For me it's a no brainer (but then I would say that I suppose).

I know we need another striker and clearly the budget will dictate, but in terms of the Salary Cap, our turnover has been bolstered this week with money coming in for Davies, as well as the saving on his much larger salary. So I'd guess that there should still be plenty left over from the Davies exit to bring in Pack + another striker. Here's hoping anyway.

Thanks for this eyewitness report, Harry. He sounds just the sort of player we need.

I hadn't seen him in the flesh untill yesterday but I would pretty much agree with everything you put there. On that performance I would be very happy with signing him, I thought he was our best player. Like you said for me it's a no brainer.

Archived