IGNORED

Season Ticket Deliveries

Redrobbin

Fascinating! My home address on the site is at least six years out of date. Mind you, I don't expect that the previous service providers were too scrupulous in passing on the customer data to the new provider. Total shambles :(

Instead of one appointed by the board. I would like to see one nominated + voted on by the fans. ( s/t holders.supporters club + trust members) perhaps such a person could be trusted to independently represent the fans. in that case it might be worth me having a drink with him!

Oh I totally understand his role Jordan. his role is to have no independence of thought for himself. but simply to be a yes man. to try to put the boards policy's over to the fans. In short a yes man. a spin doctor! I wssould like to see a new type of liaison officer. in

He shouldn't waste his time with you.

Instead of one appointed by the board. I would like to see one nominated + voted on by the fans. ( s/t holders.supporters club + trust members) perhaps such a person could be trusted to independently represent the fans. in that case it might be worth me having a drink with him!

Even if Dave L was voted in?

I think you have just proved you don't understand the fan liaison role.

I suppose if you were given the job of Fans' Liaison Officer, would you just make it up as you went along? He has to communicate what the club says to the fans whilst relaying what the supporters feel too.

Dave L is not a shop steward or union leader, he is employed by the club - not the fans

I suppose if you were given the job of Fans' Liaison Officer, would you just make it up as you went along? He has to communicate what the club says to the fans whilst relaying what the supporters feel too.

Dave L is not a shop steward or union leader, he is employed by the club - not the fans

I think the issue is the apostrophe in the title "Fans' Liaison Officer". This means the Liaison Officer belonging to the Fans. Whereas, as you point out, Dave L is really the Club's Liaison Officer. It's a minor point but it did confuse me when I first saw the title. I thought Dave would be representing fans' views to the club but it turns out to be the opposite. I'm sure Dave does pick up views and concerns from fans and pass them back to the club. However, as you also point out, he is employed by the club, so that necessarily introduces a filter since it would take a very strong and confident person to point out to their employer that they couldn't organise a "friendly in a brewery".

Exactly he is employed by the club not the fans.,thus he aalways takes the clubs line. I think a liaison between the club and fans should be voted on and paid for by the fans. What winds me up about the bloke. is his total lack of independence or his own point of view. for instance a few weeks ago someone approached him on here about a friendly with Wilhelm. his answer was not a reply. but a put down. and a rude + condescending one at that! If the reasons Dave l gave for us not playing Willem were his genuine feelings I could live with that! Not necessarily agree but everyone is entitled to their opinions. But lo + behold. now the boards opinion on a friendly with Wilhelm has softened so have DL.s he he is now in favour of the ides in fact miraculously his opinion has changed in line with the, boards. Anybody who comes on Herr who actually knows me will I hope vouch for the fact that Iam not afraid to say what I have to say to peoples faces. And have no problem with people doing the same to me. believe me I certainly am not afraid to meet DL but what is the point? He.l give me the club line on any given subject. I'll give him my point of view. he'll schmooze m e meeting will end. nothing will come of anything we discussed. waste of time !

Exactly he is employed by the club not the fans.,thus he aalways takes the clubs line. I think a liaison between the club and fans should be voted on and paid for by the fans. What winds me up about the bloke. is his total lack of independence or his own point of view. for instance a few weeks ago someone approached him on here about a friendly with Wilhelm. his answer was not a reply. but a put down. and a rude + condescending one at that! If the reasons Dave l gave for us not playing Willem were his genuine feelings I could live with that! Not necessarily agree but everyone is entitled to their opinions. But lo + behold. now the boards opinion on a friendly with Wilhelm has softened so have DL.s he he is now in favour of the ides in fact miraculously his opinion has changed in line with the, boards. Anybody who comes on Herr who actually knows me will I hope vouch for the fact that Iam not afraid to say what I have to say to peoples faces. And have no problem with people doing the same to me. believe me I certainly am not afraid to meet DL but what is the point? He.l give me the club line on any given subject. I'll give him my point of view. he'll schmooze m e meeting will end. nothing will come of anything we discussed. waste of time !

Pretty sure who we play in Friendly games has nothing to do with Dave!

I think the issue is the apostrophe in the title "Fans' Liaison Officer". This means the Liaison Officer belonging to the Fans. Whereas, as you point out, Dave L is really the Club's Liaison Officer. It's a minor point but it did confuse me when I first saw the title. I thought Dave would be representing fans' views to the club but it turns out to be the opposite. I'm sure Dave does pick up views and concerns from fans and pass them back to the club. However, as you also point out, he is employed by the club, so that necessarily introduces a filter since it would take a very strong and confident person to point out to their employer that they couldn't organise a "friendly in a brewery".

We have quite a few posts pointing out grammatical errors. Many are a bit pointless but this one makes a valid point.

Dave L is employed by the club and his job is to act as a link between the club and the fans. Part of this involves presenting / explaining the club’s views to the fans, but I also feel that he does take heed of opinions expressed on the forum and feed them back to the club. A lot of people seem to forget that even when he passes on the fans concerns he has no control over whether the club actually does anything with them. Often if nothing happens, he’s the person who gets the blame!

timothy bird, on 26 Jul 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Al first glance this sounds like a good idea, but would it work in practice? The logistics would be horrendous. We’ve already got the Fans Parliament which gives fans the opportunity to pass on concerns etc to Dave L. Why do we need another level of bureaucracy?

Also, if anyone has anything to say they can contact Dave L directly. I did a couple of years ago and got a very good, speedy, response.

IMO he’s doing a good job

Exactly this and this is what I think Tim is trying to point out. To be fair though, I don't blame Dave L in the slightest though as he is ultimately doing his job (although, as you say, he should be the Clubs Liaison Officer, not 'Fans Liason Officer' )

My issue with the set up is, the club put Dave L in a position where the fans take it out on him instead of the club - Now, don't get me wrong, the club is intelligent to have thought this through, it is better to have Dave L as almost a shield so it is on his shoulders rather then the clubs. If I was Bristol City, I would do the exact same as it gives me a easier job and puts the pressure on someone else - I just wish he shows some independence at times rather then be a voice for Bristol City.

Exactly green man. DL is being used by the club as a sop to take fans frustrations away from the board. as others have said he has no power. no authority. he's just a powerless front man for a board who are very cleverly con king ppl into believing that their listening to fans. while the reality is that they listen when it suits them. and the rest ofthe time do exactly what they want. DL is their mouth piece + errand boy.

Exactly this and this is what I think Tim is trying to point out. To be fair though, I don't blame Dave L in the slightest though as he is ultimately doing his job (although, as you say, he should be the Clubs Liaison Officer, not 'Fans Liason Officer' )

My issue with the set up is, the club put Dave L in a position where the fans take it out on him instead of the club - Now, don't get me wrong, the club is intelligent to have thought this through, it is better to have Dave L as almost a shield so it is on his shoulders rather then the clubs. If I was Bristol City, I would do the exact same as it gives me a easier job and puts the pressure on someone else - I just wish he shows some independence at times rather then be a voice for Bristol City.

Seeing as Tim has eloquently (chortle) displayed he cannot grasp anything at all i'll try my hand with you.

I dont understand the wish for independence, He has absolutely no power, so if he starts being independent he will just look silly. His job is to listen to us, judge what the majority of fans feel and relay that to the bigwigs. Its up to them whether they act on his recomendations and then it becomes DL's job to relay the clubs policy.

Seeing as Tim has eloquently (chortle) displayed he cannot grasp anything at all i'll try my hand with you.

I dont understand the wish for independence, He has absolutely no power, so if he starts being independent he will just look silly. His job is to listen to us, judge what the majority of fans feel and relay that to the bigwigs. Its up to them whether they act on his recomendations and then it becomes DL's job to relay the clubs policy.

My role is to sit between club and fans and act as a bridge between the two. Remember, I am a fan too, and was a season ticket holder in the Dolman stand for many years before I started working here. The club do pay my wages, and so of course I have a loyalty to them, but I also feel a strong loyalty to fellow supporters who I represent to the best of my ability.

I can promise you that I do put fans views across, sometimes quite bluntly if necessary, and the great thing about the current regime at the club is that they listen, and often act on my advice. The Football League has this year asked all clubs to appoint a Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO) - a job I have been doing for 6 years now. In fact Bristol City were one of the very first - possibly the first - club to appoint an SLO, so we've been ahead of many others in this respect.

Timothy mentions having somebody voted for by fans, but I would point out that you already have a democratically elected board of the Supporters Club and Trust - voted for by fans - who do a really good job to put fans view across. As a member of the SC&T I work very closely with the board of the trust. Because they are not on the club's payroll they can be even more blunt than I am on occasion, and I think that's a very healthy system that keeps everyone on their toes. We don't always agree on everything, but I am full of respect for the work they do to promote supporters interests and the club as a whole.

We're currently working with the SC&T to promote regional supporters associations. We've also set up the Fans Parliament to give supporters a genuine voice at the heart of the club. We consulted more than any other club I know on the design for a redeveloped Ashton Gate, and will continue to do so right up until the last brick is laid, if that's what we end up doing. I am available to meet with anyone, anywhere, any time.

I know I will never please everyone all the time and I am always happy to take criticism on the chin. I acknowledge that mistakes are sometimes made and that I don't always get everything right. There are so many voices out there, often with conflicting agendas, that I am never going to please all of the people all of the time. But do I think I do a good job in giving fans a voice at our club? Yes I do, and the feedback I get from meeting people face to face, and emails and messages I get, it seems that most people, and those that pay my wages, agree with me.

COYR.

My role is to sit between club and fans and act as a bridge between the two. Remember, I am a fan too, and was a season ticket holder in the Dolman stand for many years before I started working here. The club do pay my wages, and so of course I have a loyalty to them, but I also feel a strong loyalty to fellow supporters who I represent to the best of my ability.

I can promise you that I do put fans views across, sometimes quite bluntly if necessary, and the great thing about the current regime at the club is that they listen, and often act on my advice. The Football League has this year asked all clubs to appoint a Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO) - a job I have been doing for 6 years now. In fact Bristol City were one of the very first - possibly the first - club to appoint an SLO, so we've been ahead of many others in this respect.

Timothy mentions having somebody voted for by fans, but I would point out that you already have a democratically elected board of the Supporters Club and Trust - voted for by fans - who do a really good job to put fans view across. As a member of the SC&T I work very closely with the board of the trust. Because they are not on the club's payroll they can be even more blunt than I am on occasion, and I think that's a very healthy system that keeps everyone on their toes. We don't always agree on everything, but I am full of respect for the work they do to promote supporters interests and the club as a whole.

We're currently working with the SC&T to promote regional supporters associations. We've also set up the Fans Parliament to give supporters a genuine voice at the heart of the club. We consulted more than any other club I know on the design for a redeveloped Ashton Gate, and will continue to do so right up until the last brick is laid, if that's what we end up doing. I am available to meet with anyone, anywhere, any time.

I know I will never please everyone all the time and I am always happy to take criticism on the chin. I acknowledge that mistakes are sometimes made and that I don't always get everything right. There are so many voices out there, often with conflicting agendas, that I am never going to please all of the people all of the time. But do I think I do a good job in giving fans a voice at our club? Yes I do, and the feedback I get from meeting people face to face, and emails and messages I get, it seems that most people, and those that pay my wages, agree with me.

COYR.

Thanks for replying Dave.

Ive not seen much on the subject of the ST's... whats going on and why has there been a.delay? cheers

COYR.

Thanks for posting Dave, although I would take you to task on one point.

We consulted more than any other club I know on the design for a redeveloped Ashton Gate

To be fair, how any other clubs in the football pyramid would you expect to consult their fans on the development of a small football stadium in Bristol?

Archived