IGNORED

Rovers Online Tickets

CodeRed

Has anyone been successful online yet?

I'm still failing to even get through to the online ticket site. It just says 'Not found'.

From the O/S

- The online system has been unable to deal with the continual demand for tickets and is currently offline whilst it is reset and stabilised. We apologise to supporters for this inconvenience.

How long that will take is anyones guess. Still, we've got until Tuesday.

Must admit I'm not at all surprised at the ongoing ticketing fiasco. What does surprise me though is that after months of these cock ups and false promises and apologies from the club there are still the doe eyed happy clappers willing to defend the clubs administrative hierarchy. I have already reluctantly decided to miss the rovers match because I am unwilling to waste my time effort and cash on buying a ticket. I strongly suspect I'm not the only one who has made this decision. I will most definitely be back but not until I can be guaranteed an easier way to get hold of a ticket. Does the club care? Sadly it seems they don't!

A spokesman said: “The club is working with its ticketing partner to ensure all possible sales avenues are operational for our fans.”

So either a) no-one wants to accept the responsibility for this monumental balls up or b) that's just a made up quote plucked from thin air. C'mon City, for once just have the decency to hold your hands up and admit that you got it wrong and make an apology to us. :fingerscrossed:

A spokesman said: “The club is working with its ticketing partner to ensure all possible sales avenues are operational for our fans.”

in otherwords, the ticketing and helpdesk partner haven't got a clue what is happening and have pushed back the onus of responsibility back to the club to sell by hand at the shop! you wouldn't credit it. It is not fit for purpose, the club so be hitting this company with massive financial penalties for the loss of sales and the contract should be revoked and taken back in house.

Piss poor from the CRM partner and piss porr from BCFC to continue to let them get away with it. Soft as shite directors should be nailing balls to the ceilings! they didn't seem to falter when it was in house employees Ibet we are still tied in with this bunch of cowboys for the next few years as well!

Oh just got so so close.

The page actually loaded, I was able to select the stand I wanted, then the block and then even the seat I wanted. Finally I was going to get my ticket

Went to the checkout page and it had somehow tried to charge me twice for the same seat. Grrrrrrrrr!

So I cleared down my basket thinking well if I got that far so smoothly it will surely work again......... Nope, site is buggered again.

Oh just got so so close.

The page actually loaded, I was able to select the stand I wanted, then the block and then even the seat I wanted. Finally I was going to get my ticket

Went to the checkout page and it had somehow tried to charge me twice for the same seat. Grrrrrrrrr!

So I cleared down my basket thinking well if I got that far so smoothly it will surely work again......... Nope, site is buggered again.

That's probably it for the day now.

Got one from the ground today. The queue was 20 - 30 while I was there and I guess it took me 20 minutes to get my ticket. The lady in front was shocked to find out her season ticket had been sold but her families next to her had not, but she was happy enough as the seat the other end was available. She said she was assured it was a one off. I really really hope so, as imagine the fall out if season ticket holders in a lot of cases did not get first chance for their seat.

My time in the queue was much quicker than that for Bradford game and that was with having to give my name and details etc today, so hopefully at least that is a plus.

Got close about 30 minutes ago, but then went down.

Has anyone at all managed to buy a ticket on line today?

Don't know but I just tried again and got this...

HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.

Not me. Haven't even been able to open the online tickets site successfully unlike others who seem to have got part of the way there! Have been trying sporadically throughout the day.

Got one from the ground today. The queue was 20 - 30 while I was there and I guess it took me 20 minutes to get my ticket. The lady in front was shoked to find out her season ticket had been sold but her families next to her had not, but she was happy enough as the seat the other end was available. She said she was assured it was a one off. I really really hope so, as imagine the fall out if season ticket holders in a lot of cases did not get first chance for their seat.

My time in the queue was much quicker than that for Bradford game and that was with having to give my name and details etc today, so hopefully at least that is a plus.

I got one from the ground today as well and even that was a farce, now I know there has been a lot of negativity on here lately and some of it has been ridiculous. But I started off quing at the ticket office, was then told to go to the shop, then to be moved to the ticket office again, all within 2-3 minutes. It seems city have over complicated things for themselves and supporters using this new ticket system online and at the gate, what was wrong with the old system? Me and the bloke infront of me agreed that it was so much easier at the game just to put your ticket it, it beeps and you walk through, why make it harder? Again the new online system currently sounds a shambles (im just glad I live in bs3 so don't have to use it), what was wrong with the old system? I bought many an away ticket on there over the last few years and it was quick and simple. I have been amazed by all the moaning about tickets on here lately, but if there are that many cock ups something needs to be done to sort it!

That's what I get every time as well.

Shite innit!!

Does anyone know how Rovers fans are getting on buying theirs?? I'm surprised we haven't been deluged with the usual gas posters on here, banging on about how easy it is to get them from their end.

Unless none of them of are going of course!!

What always baffles me is why people are so desperate to seat in their exact season ticket seat - why does it matter if the seat you get is two rows behind?

Why would I want to sit somewhere else? I've got a ST ticket so I can sit with my friends and family who have their ST's in the same area.

What always baffles me is why people are so desperate to seat in their exact season ticket seat - why does it matter if the seat you get is two rows behind?

What always baffles me is why people moan about season ticket holders wanting to sit in the seat they have had for years alongside their friends and people they know?

• Admin

Does anyone know how Rovers fans are getting on buying theirs?? I'm surprised we haven't been deluged with the usual gas posters on here, banging on about how easy it is to get them from their end.

Looking at the story on the EP website, they have been sent pre-printed tickets.

Even a Gas head is capable of ripping a ticket from a batch and selling it!

Then again they infamously sold over 1000 tickets for their match at Exeter, perhaps they could let our club know how to sell tickets at that speed

• Admin

Since I've had no luck on-line or over the phone I (politely) instructed my other half to go to Ashton Gate. She's just rang to say getting the tickets was no bother. She had to wait about 10 minutes.

Why assume that the people mentioning problems are season ticket holders?

Just a shame that we all don't live or work near enough to spend time queing for tickets

I have just purchsed 3 tickets successfully in the Dolman Stand for the match

I am a season ticket holder, along with my sister in the Atyeo, taking a friend so have plumped for a different view instead of sitting apart.

I took the new articles on the website as a cue to check the online ticketing system - I live just outside Birmingham and work in Coventry so getting to Ashton Gate to buy these tickets would have been difficult.

Although it's had it's crashes and faults, I will accept this system is a better way of getting tickets and is used by many premier league clubs. As long as my selected option to have the tickets posted to me is successful - I understand the annoyance with teething problems - i'd be feeling opttimistic about the rest of the games I look to buy tickets for.

Staff have to get used to the system and that means sending out information x number of days in advance of sales to avoid too many more problems.

nb: my problem last season was, everytime I bought away tickets, I selected to have them posted, they never got posted, (I checked when I could) and collected at AG that many times it was easier to POTD if i couldn't get to AG to buy in person. Although I missed a handful of away games the loyalty system wouldn't have tracked my loyalty.

steady ticket sales at rovers all day, a mate said talk was around 700 tickets sold as of 2pm today, i imagine a sell out by the end of saturdays home game

Sound horrendous for you lot, the gas do a lot of stuff badly but cant ever fault them with ticket sales

managed to log in online, go to reservations, see my ST seat has been reserved for me, tick the box and get:

Just got exactly the same. First time I've been able to log in all day though so that's progress of a sort!

Archived