IGNORED

Rovers Online Tickets

CodeRed

This club is a joke, 50+ people queuing at the shop before 9am, a blonde bird told everyone they couldn't buy at the shop has to be at the Williams. Obviously the queue got messed up then.

This girl then told everyone they could get them in the club shop, and she only told everyone this to make the queue shorter.

by which time people had been walking in the club shop.

1 woman selling in the Williams, 2 more sellers turned up, then they couldn't work the card machine etc.

This is a compete joke

All these people saying why rush if your a season ticket holder.

Down the gate now, bloke infront of me has 5 season tickets, all have been sold already! He ain't a happy bunny.

Queue now out the shop all the way to the Williams.

I shouldn't laugh at this, because quite frankly that is disgraceful.

But I did laugh, because there have been some pretty flippant posters on here chanting the "there's no rush" mantra, and trying to ridicule others who were moaning about the crap systems that are now in place.

I'll hold my hands up, I was one of those who couldn't understand how much fuss was being made over the Bradford and Wolves situations, what with being a ST holder, I didn't have any aggro getting in. But having tried to get tickets for Palace and Rovers in the last week, I can now see just how bad the operation is. I've said elsewhere, I can accept failures in technology but the human side of BCFC's operation has been sadly lacking in the last 8 days (in my experience).

I hope everyone gets their tickets in the end, but this place could be in meltdown come Tuesday night.

Here's a bit of constructive feedback to "the club" on my experience. First here's a question I posed on ziderheads yesterday:

Does anyone know how to solve this little puzzle.
I just tried to buy online for our several season ticket seats.
When I click "Buy" for the Rovers game, what happens is it asks which stand I want so I click Dolman, then it asks which block, so I select C (that's where our seats are).
I then get a plan of the entire C Block, showing which are available and which are not.
So far, so logical.
However there are only about a dozen seats (all singles) showing as available. All others, including our seats, are showing as not available.
I can understand that they are not available to anyone else, but they should be available to us!! But they are not!!
I don't class myself as a stupid person, but I'm ****** if I can work it out.

I received some helpful replies along the lines that I have to click on "Reservations" rather than "Match Tickets", which is bizarre and not in the slightest intuitive in the absence of actual instructions, but anyway, I have now tried that.

Having clicked on Reservations (and fannying around for ages trying to find my log in details as I have to log in), the options on the next screen are: "Buy Group" or "Buy Tickets".

Fine, I want to purchase several so I click Buy Group. Nothing happens. So I click Buy Tickets. Nothing happens. So I tick my name which shows above, thinking the next option is to be able to add others. But it doesn't, the only option then is to book mine, and mine alone.

I have 8 season tickets to book for, and it looks as though I have to go through the whole tortuous process of logging in and entering details and credit card etc etc 8 times.

I believe one of the messages trumpeted on the official site in the summer was something along the lines of: "we are very clever and we have implemented a ticketing system which will enhance the customer experience", except worded in even more sickly corporate bullspeak.

Well, message for whoever came up with that, you are not clever and you have not enhanced the "customer" (sic) experience.

I wouldn't mind if the club was still run by enthusiastic amateurs who were life long Bristol City fans, however, the past few years has seen a whole load of "professionals" employed who haven't the slightest connection with Bristol City, on the basis that their professionalism is for the benefit of the club.

Clearly, that isn't the case.

I ordered mine tonight with no problems, picked my seat, went to pay then realised I couldn't log in as I had already used my email for my sons season ticket so created a new one and used that instead, once logged in entered card details and bought then printed off e ticket, completely painless. Sympathise with those that have had issues but I would give the system a thumbs up based on my personal experience.

Archived