IGNORED

Supporters Club & Trust - Statement

thatcham red

The fact that the stewards opened up the gates in the East End to allow the supporters onto the pitch shows how much resistance there was. I think the club and supporters trust/club need to move on as this is becoming ridiculous.

The people who were throwing objects and fighting let the Police deal with them. End of story.

Once more the thugs come out to defend their kind and culture.

Understand the message being given - from manager, club, supporters trust, decent fans.....

We don't want the thugs / idiots / morons!

I applaud SOD, fans and the Supporters Trust for highlighting the moronic behaviour of some on Wednesday. It's about time. I hope the club pursue this and get rid of these idiots and leave them to a world in the past - like some on this forum should be - away from BCFC.

Once more the thugs come out to defend their kind and culture.

:laugh: you're a joke mate.

I don't consider myself a thug and can't recall acting like one in any situation.

Care to present your academic background and job and we'll compare and see who has the biggest thug culture associated.

Honestly I despair.

Anyone would think terraces were pulled down, police beaten and the stand set on fire.

It was a pitch invasion FFS. We've seen plenty over the years.

No idea what all the fuss is about, the fuss is more embarrasing than the event itself!!

Frankly, I despair of this posting, and the "likes" it has received.

There is nothing remotely acceptable about the mindless behaviour of a significant "minority" of "Fans" after the match on Wednesday night.

Apart from the injuries, damage to the ground and pitch, the club will have lost lots of potential fans - especially children and women - after this grotesque, very public outburst. The display by the players on the pitch will have boosted our profile and encouraged new supporters to AG; the display by brainless thugs will have destroyed all that.

I agree totally with the Supporters' Club and Trust: we can do without these morons!

...we despair sometimes when seeing idiotic behaviour besmirch its good name. We therefore wholeheartedly support any appropriate action that the club and police may take against individuals shown by due legal process to have engaged in any form of violence or acted in a manner likely to cause a breach of the peace.”

Out of interest, who does the statement refer to when it says "we"?

So you're labelling posters on this thread, as "thugs" "idiots" and "morons", without any prior knowledge to their background?

I suggest you look again at the sentence.

Or are you implicating yourself by association?

Thugs / idiots / morons or SOD and BCFC?

I know what side I'm on and it's not the former.

I can't believe the club haven't even issued a public apology to Bristol Rovers and their fans, who had women and children scared to death, surely it's the first thing that it should of been done?

No class again from the powers that be.

The same fans who were fighting with police, spent the whole game trying to get in the city end, also they were the first ones on the pitch or that were chucking chairs n coins at city fans.

I feel sorry for the true supporters who went to watch the game and support their clubs both city n rovers alike and wilst a small section of our fans were just as bad. Both sets will hopefully get what they deserve.

Innocent rovers Fans yes deserve anapology, rovers as a club, There is no way we should issue them an apology to the club. especially after both sun fords and Higgs claiming they did nothing wrong in the ground. That is what really is a lack of class.

I agree totally with the Supporters' Club and Trust: we can do without these morons!

Yes we can do without them.

We could also do without a long winded, pompous, poorly written statement full of emotive language and supposition. A short and to the point statement would be all that is warranted and serve to stoke the embers less.

:laugh: you're a joke mate.

I don't consider myself a thug and can't recall acting like one in any situation.

Care to present your academic background and

job and we'll compare and see who has the

biggest thug culture associated.

Strange reply.

Are you behind SOD and BCFC? Or do you condone the thugs / idiots / morons on Wednesday?

At last we have a manager who wants complete change - and that includes eradicating the thug / idiot / moron element from the club.

If you do understand this then you do not understand SOD's philosophy.

"The minutes after the final whistle on Wednesday night should have been a big party for all City supporters at Ashton Gate. We had beaten the Rovers in front of an almost full house and live on Sky. The winning goal had even been scored by a young Bristolian. Instead, those minutes were spoilt by the disgraceful behaviour of some so-called fans who chose rather than to celebrate the win to invade the pitch, posture aggressively in front of the Rovers supporters and engage in scuffles with stewards and police. Despite repeated requests over the tannoy to leave the pitch, they refused to do so and we thus ultimately had the sight of police horses on the Ashton Gate turf to create a barrier between those on the pitch and the Rovers supporters in the stand. All on live TV, dragging the name of our club through the dirt.

This phrase tends to get my back up. Whether or not you agree with the actions of people, it does not make them any more or less of a fan of the club.

Strange reply.

Are you behind SOD and BCFC? Or do you condone the thugs / idiots / morons on Wednesday?

At last we have a manager who wants complete change - and that includes eradicating the thug / idiot / moron element from the club.

If you do understand this then you do not understand SOD's philosophy.

A very, very small bunch of whatever you like to call them out of a crowd of 18,000..

The rest were kids just being kids following what they thought was cool, pretty sure we've all done stupid things when we were young including you. They'll learn and move on from it because they know a repeat might get them a ban but I hardly would call them thugs.. The thugs were the ones wanting to fight outside the stadium in which the majority were Gas who were 'up for it'.

I'm sure their were people who ran on the pitch on Wednesday night who care a lot more about Bristol city than messers Smith, price, etc. Is was actually thinking about joining the supporters club + trust, glad now that I didn't! This statement simply confirms to me that all they are interested in is becoming part of the establishment!

Strange reply.

Not really, you're very quick to label people. Just wanted to know a bit more about you, so I kno you aren't a hooligan too.

How smart are you?

Do you have a good job?

How much do you give to charity?

Are you kind to animals?

Do you go out of your way to help others?

Would love to know.

A very, very small bunch of whatever you like to call them out of a crowd of 18,000..

The rest were kids just being kids following what they thought was cool, pretty sure we've all done

stupid things when we were young including

you. They'll learn and move on from it because

they know a repeat might get them a ban but I

hardly would call them thugs.. The thugs were

the ones wanting to fight outside the stadium in

which the majority were Gas who were 'up for

it'.

And of course we don't have 'fans' who are up for it?

I find it ludicrous that we have supporters who find our managers condemnation of the behaviour on Wednesday as over the top.

I know who I want at the club this time next year. It appears you would rather keep the thugs / idiots / morons over SOD...

Not really, you're very quick to label people. Just wanted to know a bit more about you, so I kno you aren't a hooligan too.

How smart are you?

Do you have a good job?

How much do you give to charity?

Are you kind to animals?

Do you go out of your way to help others?

Would love to know.

Even stranger reply.

Tell me about yourself...

I'm sure their were people who ran on the pitch on Wednesday night who care a lot more about Bristol city than messers Smith, price, etc. Is was actually thinking about joining the supporters club + trust, glad now that I didn't! This statement simply confirms to me that all they are interested in is becoming part of the establishment!

Think it also confirms how they are joining on the bandwagon with the rest due to OTT reporting from the media, judging by the pics in the Mail you would've thought a riot had happened but its interesting how the media angle it in such a way to sell papers etc..

I don't care about what happened after, all I cared about that night was beating the Gas and shutting off their final branch of apparent superiority of 2007, the whole thing has been blown well out of proportion but that's all you can expect in this day and age where the media spouts what they want without researching the truth, just a shame people join on the bandwagon.

If the club and police want to target anyone it should've been the group of guys in the corner of the Dolman, they seemed a nasty bunch spoiling for it but it was a tiny minority and probably turn up to less than 10% of games, just the ones where trouble might ensue. I do think the youngsters will have no repercussions unless they were caught on CCTV throwing missiles but it seemed the Sag fans were doing most of that judging by the vids on youtube, I am sure the OB have better things to do than nick 100's of young lads running on the pitch in celebration.

Another note just to say I thought the EE was exemplary to quote some Gas chairman in the face of extreme provocation :)

Am interested to know who decided to release this statement.

Am a member of both, this does not speak on

behalf of me.

A voice of the club?

Voice of the members?

It's a statement that distances the club from the behaviour of the thugs / idiots / morons on Wednesday.

What is there not to understand about this.

What concerns me is that we some on this forum who condone such behaviour and yet condemn SOD for speaking out.

Whose side are you on - thugs / idiots / morons - or SOD and BCFC?

And of course we don't have 'fans' who are up for it?

I find it ludicrous that we have supporters who find our managers condemnation of the behaviour on Wednesday as over the top.

I know who I want at the club this time next year. It appears you would rather keep the thugs / idiots / morons over SOD...

You're either just stupid, a troll who wants provocation or just insane...

I haven't even mentioned the condemnation by SO'D, of course he is going to condemn it and rightfully so as he was on national TV and he represents the club! Couldn't just come out and say.. ah well boy will be boys can he? How would that make him look? A right clown. I just think the whole thing is OTT and blown out proportion.. there have been far worse incidents at other clubs even this season.

Archived